Author Topic: Salary Cap Calculator  (Read 11194 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Salary Cap Calculator
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:33:52 PM »
http://overthecap.com/introducing-salary-cap-calculator/

Someone at overthecap.com created a salary cap calculator where you can basically play GM and cut, extend, and re-sign players for any team for future seasons.  It's pretty in-depth, allowing you to make new contracts and enter all of the numbers.  It's fairly time consuming if you want to do more than just cut someone, but it looks like it would be awesome if you wanted to see what certain moves would do for the cap.  If had enough know-how, I'd like to re-sign Wilkerson to a new contract, but it's a little over my head.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Salary Cap Calculator
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:52:03 PM »
Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I came up with $32 million under the cap by extending Wilkerson at $7 million a year, and cutting Holmes and Sanchez.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »
Sanchez, Harris, Cromartie and Holmes are the biggest hits that need to be dealt with. Sanchez can be written off pretty easily as a cut. I don't think Holmes is as easy to dismiss - it depends on if/when he returns and what he does in the remaining games.

Something could be worked out with Harris and Cromartie, they could get extensions that would lower their 2014 cap hit but guarantee them more money in the long run.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »
One thing I did take away from that is that we're in great shape cap-wise for the next few years.
"Wrong!"

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »
Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I came up with $32 million under the cap by extending Wilkerson at $7 million a year, and cutting Holmes and Sanchez.

lol if we c ould  extend Wilkerson at 7m/yr  in real life id cream,. i expect him to get 9 or 10 per

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »
Sanchez, Harris, Cromartie and Holmes are the biggest hits that need to be dealt with. Sanchez can be written off pretty easily as a cut. I don't think Holmes is as easy to dismiss - it depends on if/when he returns and what he does in the remaining games.

Something could be worked out with Harris and Cromartie, they could get extensions that would lower their 2014 cap hit but guarantee them more money in the long run.

Could we get anything for Sanchez?  He was a former top 10 draft pick, and some would probably look at the weapons that were available to him in 2011 and 12

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »
Could we get anything for Sanchez?  He was a former top 10 draft pick, and some would probably look at the weapons that were available to him in 2011 and 12
He has a cap hit of $13.1M in 2014. Unless some coach is convinced he can turn him into a star, nobody's going to want to trade for him.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 06:22:01 PM »
Yeah Sanchez will have to be cut first before anyone would sign him unless we or his Jew team could somehow restructure his contract in some odd way, which I can't see how it would be done.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »
Yeah Sanchez will have to be cut first before anyone would sign him unless we or his Jew team could somehow restructure his contract in some odd way, which I can't see how it would be done.
Holy excrement this is the greatest autocorrect post ever.  I meant new team.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:36:48 PM »
He has a cap hit of $13.1M in 2014. Unless some coach is convinced he can turn him into a star, nobody's going to want to trade for him.

How much of that is new guaranteed money to Sanchez?  Zero. $1.6 million is prorated from money he already received for 3 more years, which is the dead money if cut.  Bottom line, Sanchez will need to negotiate a new contract in 2014 whether he is cut or traded. 

Edit:  A team would try and trade for him instead of getting into a bidding war if he hits the free market.  Assuming any team wants him, let alone 2 or more.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:42:37 PM by hawk »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 06:53:50 PM »
How much of that is new guaranteed money to Sanchez?  Zero. $1.6 million is prorated from money he already received for 3 more years, which is the dead money if cut.  Bottom line, Sanchez will need to negotiate a new contract in 2014 whether he is cut or traded. 

Edit:  A team would try and trade for him instead of getting into a bidding war if he hits the free market.  Assuming any team wants him, let alone 2 or more.
It would take a lot of good faith to trade for a player and then try to cut his pay. If you think there would be a bidding war, what motivation would Sanchez have to take a new, smaller contract from the team that trades for him?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »
No one is going to trade for a fringe player coming back from a season-ending injury. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »
It would take a lot of good faith to trade for a player and then try to cut his pay. If you think there would be a bidding war, what motivation would Sanchez have to take a new, smaller contract from the team that trades for him?

I don't think there would be a bidding war.  Sanchez however has been part of a team that went to two AFC championship games, and a team like Houston would be a perfect fit.  A good defense with a strong running game, and weapons at the receiving position.

FTR, I was just asking if we could get anything, and I wouldn't offer a 6 pack for him.  However, players are traded every year that are under contract, and need to restructure. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »
Nacho will get cut and after that, he'll get signed by some team as either a backup or competition for a starter.  If Idzik gets anything for him in trade, I'll blow myself.

As much excrement as we've given Sanchez, he'd make a really good backup for some team.  Imagine having a playoff-experienced QB coming in when your QB goes down instead of Turd Ferguson who has barely had a snap in a preseason game.  Hell, maybe the guy could get a fresh start somewhere and thrive, especially having had a year to sit out and recover mentally.

Hey, maybe the Jets should sign Sanchez!11!one!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:40:42 PM by bojanglesman »

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 07:40:22 PM »
We traded Drew Stanton

Tags: