Author Topic: Olympic excrement. Literally.  (Read 1471 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Olympic excrement. Literally.
« on: July 30, 2015, 12:04:18 PM »
Testing By AP Finds Water At 2016 Olympic Sites 'Rife With Human Sewage' http://n.pr/1I3WjPn

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Olympic excrement. Literally.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
CAPE TOWN (Reuters) - Wheelchair-bound athletes could face tougher checks at next year’s Rio Paralympics to stop them risking their health by sitting on their scrotums, or clamping off catheters to fill their bladders, in order to boost adrenaline and performance. Officials said on Tuesday the International Paralympic Committee is reviewing guidelines against “boosting”, a practice employed by some athletes with spinal cord injuries. Banned for more than a decade, it does not use any artificial stimulants. Instead, it involves tricking the brain into triggering “autonomic dysreflexia” (AD), causing the body to flush with adrenaline to achieve more power and greater oxygen uptake during races. Squeezing the scrotum or filling and then tapping the bladder are the most common external stimuli to induce AD, resulting in elevated heart rates and blood pressure. Research shows deliberately induced AD can enhance athletic performance by as much as 10 percent, especially in endurance events such as long-distance wheelchair races.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: