Author Topic: I own a house?  (Read 42880 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: I own a house?
« Reply #285 on: October 14, 2020, 07:43:40 PM »
Literally all IJR did for his last few weeks on the board was troll Tommy.  He even thought about doxxing him. 

I still think the counter punch was well-earned and hilarious. 

He did this for over a year, maybe more. It intensified towards the end for sure.

I thought the joke was way over the line, but funny. And an obvious joke with no implication of reality involved. I didn’t think it was acceptable behavior at all but I was not in the least bit shocked considering IJR’s repeated behavior directed at Tommy.

I also think it’s exactly the type of reaction IJR was looking to provoke so he could say I toldya so.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 07:45:27 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #286 on: October 14, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »
I'm sorry, what?

Please elaborate.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
He nonconsenually removed a condom during sex with a girl and finished without it. He boasted about it.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2020, 08:24:51 PM »
If someone posted that they would be going after my daughter I would definitely flip the freak out.

I have not seen the posts that caused it, but it seems like they were both acting like assholes at the best case scenario

Edit:

He nonconsenually removed a condom during sex with a girl and finished without it. He boasted about it.

Yeah so this is totally rape.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2020, 08:27:21 PM »
If someone posted that they would be going after my daughter I would definitely flip the freak out.

I have not seen the posts that caused it, but it seems like they were both acting like assholes at the best of the situation.
Since we're airing it out, to the best of my recollection:

"I'll gladly pay to freak your daughter when she's 18 to help pay for her college since I know you can't afford it with your job"

IIRC his daughter was not yet 10 years old at the time Tommy posted that

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2020, 08:29:02 PM »
Since we're airing it out, to the best of my recollection:

"I'll gladly pay to freak your daughter when she's 18 to help pay for her college since I know you can't afford it with your job"

IIRC his daughter was not yet 10 years old at the time Tommy posted that

I probably would have punched him in the face the next time I saw him.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2020, 08:29:33 PM »
Back on topic: I made another offer today. Hopefully it works out.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2020, 08:44:47 PM »
Back on topic: I made another offer today. Hopefully it works out.

I like this topic way more. Another offer on the same place, or a different one?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #292 on: October 14, 2020, 08:54:40 PM »
I like this topic way more. Another offer on the same place, or a different one?

Different one, same neighborhood, about 2 blocks away.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #293 on: October 14, 2020, 09:21:22 PM »
Different one, same neighborhood, about 2 blocks away.
Are you in a multiple bid type market?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #294 on: October 14, 2020, 09:23:18 PM »
Are you in a multiple bid type market?

Not for this one. That sunk me last time since I’m going with a VA loan and can’t really afford a large down payment at the moment.

Right now I’m the only bid in for this unit so hopefully they decide soon instead of hold onto my offer to leverage it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:27:39 PM by CatoTheElder »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #295 on: October 14, 2020, 09:39:53 PM »
Not for this one. That sunk me last time since I’m going with a VA loan and can’t really afford a large down payment at the moment.

Right now I’m the only bid in for this unit so hopefully they decide soon instead of hold onto my offer to leverage it.
They are using you like free agents use the Jets.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #296 on: October 14, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »

So in this market buyers sell themselves. I had 5 bids on my house last night, and one of them included a letter explaining why they felt this should be their future home. They got it because they bid the most money and if they hadn't it wouldn't have made a difference to me, but my wife loved the letter and if there had been a comparable bid it would have swayed her.

People get emotional about homes, so you might consider trying something like that - the whole active service looking to put down roots story might play well and make them less inclined to hold out for another offer and give it to you.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #297 on: October 14, 2020, 10:06:29 PM »
So in this market buyers sell themselves. I had 5 bids on my house last night, and one of them included a letter explaining why they felt this should be their future home. They got it because they bid the most money and if they hadn't it wouldn't have made a difference to me, but my wife loved the letter and if there had been a comparable bid it would have swayed her.

People get emotional about homes, so you might consider trying something like that - the whole active service looking to put down roots story might play well and make them less inclined to hold out for another offer and give it to you.

We'll see how it plays. This is the one neighborhood I wanted to live in the most but if it doesn't work out then I have a backup plan on a different neighborhood I'd be completely happy with.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #298 on: October 15, 2020, 10:18:49 AM »

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »
In contract.

Inspection is next Monday.

Tags: