Author Topic: I own a house?  (Read 42880 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: I own a house?
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2017, 04:14:31 PM »
My situation is a bit complex. My pizza is in no position to contribute financially towards the purchase. It would be me buying solo, after that she would pay me rent (until we get married if that's the plan) and there would be potential for a friend or two to live with us to contribute to rent.

At least that's the plan in my head, nothing concrete at the moment

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2017, 04:32:36 PM »
My situation is a bit complex. My pizza is in no position to contribute financially towards the purchase. It would be me buying solo, after that she would pay me rent (until we get married if that's the plan) and there would be potential for a friend or two to live with us to contribute to rent.

That's pretty normal, and a solid plan. If you can afford it now, with only one person contributing, you'll be in great shape when she is in a place to contribute. And if you do decide to go all in and become a fully out of the closet flaming homosexual, you only have to evict her as a regular tenant rather than buy her out.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2017, 04:34:49 PM »
If I buy a place with a front lawn I'm turning into a garden. freak grass.

Fieldturf?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2017, 04:45:08 PM »
Fieldturf?
I have at least 6 houses on my street that have it.  It doesn't look half bad.

Desert weeds are the worst.  They are growing out of soil so compacted it may as well be rock.  King Arthur couldn't pull this excrement out.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2017, 04:57:30 PM »
It doesn't matter in Vegas, but in places with normal climates that are actually suitable for human life you often aren't allowed to have artificial grass because it prevents rainfall and snow melt from soaking into the ground and instead overloads the sewers and catch drains.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2017, 05:29:45 PM »
It doesn't matter in Vegas, but in places with normal climates that are actually suitable for human life you often aren't allowed to have artificial grass because it prevents rainfall and snow melt from soaking into the ground and instead overloads the sewers and catch drains.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2017, 07:56:27 PM »
freak mowing the lawn, I got a nice Haitian guy to do it. I couldn't understand a freaking word he said but he was cheap. Oh and I lived in HOA neighborhood, another 150-200 a month but they took care of the front of the yard, I only had to mow the back.

In New York find a nice Mexican gentleman to mow the lawn and freak the wife while you're at work. Your life will be so much happier.

All I got from this post is that you freak a Mexican dude and a Haitian dude on a pretty consistent basis
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2017, 07:58:29 PM »

This isn't crazy. I have a few friends that are in very similar scenarios

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2017, 08:14:18 PM »
I will take my abnormal climate, thank you very much.  I have not shoveled snow or raked leaves or seen mold in 20 years.  It was 95 today though.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2017, 08:42:15 PM »
I will take my abnormal climate, thank you very much.  I have not shoveled snow or raked leaves or seen mold in 20 years.  It was 95 today though.
I love visiting your climate but seasons are healthy.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2017, 10:42:37 PM »
All I got from this post is that you freak a Mexican dude and a Haitian dude on a pretty consistent basis

As much as I can.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2017, 11:55:34 PM »
I love visiting your climate but seasons are healthy.
If I feel like needing seasons I drive an hour to the mountains.  Was laughing today when the heat kicked in, and I can still see snow.

I think I love it so much because excrement just dries, no matter the time of year.  I spent 6 years living in Buffalo, where it would just rain for 2 weeks straight.  It was always wet.  Now I love the rain when it comes.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2017, 08:30:23 AM »
Take me home

Kerry Rhodes

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2017, 09:33:15 AM »
After almost a full week of money and effort, my pool filter is operational.

Spent half of Sunday opening the pool. Got to one of the last steps and discover the gasket is busted and needs to be replaced. Ordered a replacement for that, go to install it, they gave me the wrong part. Find the right part on Amazon, 2 days later try to install, and the valve spring is so old and rusted it won't compress at all in order to hammer the pin back in to attach the handle. Order an entire new multi port valve and successfully installed that yesterday. Got the filter up and running after some trial and error, go to put it into backwash mode to drain the water level before I shock and filter the pool, and the backwash hose busts. Pizza went and got a new one today and now finally everything is up and running more or less.

Currently draining the algae swamp.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2017, 08:14:29 PM »
Finally got the pool good to go. I think I had to replace and install 2-3 other critical components since the last update. Spent most of the rest of the time figuring out how to vacuum and treat the water with chemicals.

Went in tonight when we had some free time. freaking freezing but it was fun. Got my dog in there too, which was pretty hilarious because he has to wear a life jacket in order to swim for longer than 10 seconds without sinking.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:16:23 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Tags: