Author Topic: Election 2016  (Read 332112 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: Election 2016
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 04:37:11 PM »
I can't believe Jeb Bush is the most promising GOP candidate so far. It's going to be Clinton vs Bush and it's going to be horrible.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 04:38:14 PM »
Now I'm confused as to how that entire movement gained steam.

Certainly not any racism involved.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 04:38:59 PM »
I can't believe Jeb Bush is the most promising GOP candidate so far. It's going to be Clinton vs Bush and it's going to be horrible.

It's gonna be hard not to smack the first person I hear saying they're just voting for the lesser of two evils.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »
Elizabeth Warren would be terrible for businesses and terrible for healthcare.

There's gotta be someone on the left who supports abortion gay marriage and all those hot button liberal issues, that doesn't have retarded economic views

Elizabeth Warren would be awesome for people, and the fact that it would be upset you and your kind so much simply makes her an even greater person.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 04:45:34 PM »
Elizabeth Warren would be awesome for people, and the fact that it would be upset you and your kind so much simply makes her an even greater person.
And my point is made.

When the uber liberal lefties describe her as awesome, you know she way too far to the left

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »
Certainly not any racism involved.

Well yeah, but I don't understand how it wasn't instantly debunked.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »
And my point is made.

When the uber liberal lefties describe her as awesome, you know she way too far to the left

I'd describe her as "worth listening to."

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »
As fitting as a bankruptcy attorney is for someone in charge of Obamacare, we'd be better off with someone who wants to build the economy. Like that chick McCain wanted as his vp, carly fiona (or whatever her name was, the one from HP)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2015, 04:49:12 PM »

Warren would be a breath of fresh air, but Obama was supposed to be as well.  And while I approve of Obama's job for the most part, he succumbed to the political machine just like Warren would.

Warren would in all likelihood be facing a hostile congress, though the dems do have a punchers chance of taking back the Senate.  Even with such a scenario the House would just say NO to anything she proposes.

Hillary would have a chance to work with a hostile congress, because even though she is a icky female democrat, she is by no stretch of the imagination a far left progressive.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 04:49:30 PM »

You have to factor in that dcm is a simple child with little experience of the world. For a start, he thinks that I'm an "uber liberal leftie".

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 04:55:23 PM »
As fitting as a bankruptcy attorney is for someone in charge of Obamacare, we'd be better off with someone who wants to build the economy. Like that chick McCain wanted as his vp, carly fiona (or whatever her name was, the one from HP)

There would be no Obama(Romney)care if we had gone to a single payer system like every other 1st world country.

The problem is republicans don't want to 'build the economy'.  They want to milk every penny they can and hand it to millionaires.  If the middle and lower class have no money to spend, there is no 'economy'.  In the last 30 years, every time we ease taxes and regulations on big corporations the economy has tanked.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »
There would be no Obama(Romney)care if we had gone to a single payer system like every other 1st world country.

The problem is republicans don't want to 'build the economy'.  They want to milk every penny they can and hand it to millionaires.  If the middle and lower class have no money to spend, there is no 'economy'.  In the last 30 years, every time we ease taxes and regulations on big corporations the economy has tanked.
Call it what you want to call it.

But  raising capital gains is bad for investing capital. And the left vehemently has pushed to increase capital gains.

You hear it from the left all the time

Zomg the rich people's tax rate is lower than mine..

No it's freaking not, they chose to invest their money.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »

THe problem is the vast majority of politicians need to cater to a relatively small amount of big donors who have very particular agendas, and almost anyone with effective ideas regarding the long-term health of the nation will be fed up with or sucked into the pragmatic reality of modern politics.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2015, 05:08:35 PM »
THe problem is the vast majority of politicians need to cater to a relatively small amount of big donors who have very particular agendas, and almost anyone with effective ideas regarding the long-term health of the nation will be fed up with or sucked into the pragmatic reality of modern politics.

That's very true. If only there were a candidate with a genuine commitment to campaign finance reform:

Washington Reform

Washington is rigged to work for those with an army of lawyers and an army of lobbyists. I've seen the thundering herds of lobbyists fill the halls of Congress first-hand, and I can tell you that Washington works for them and the big corporations and banks they represent, but too often it doesn't work for middle class families. That's got to change. We need serious campaign finance reform so that elected officials are truly representatives of the people to stop the revolving door between Congress and lobbying firms, beginning with a lifetime ban on members of Congress from becoming lobbyists, stronger restrictions to stop the revolving door from Congressional staffer to industry representative, and more serious restrictions on lobbyists working in Congress to reform the filibuster, beginning with a requirement that anyone who wants to stop the people's business must go out onto the Senate floor and actually filibuster, live and in person, so that the American people see precisely who is creating gridlock, and to support a strong Government Accountability Office, an independent voice to prevent fraud and to stop wasteful practices.

http://elizabethwarren.com/issues/leveling-the-playing-field

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 05:09:40 PM »
Call it what you want to call it.

But  raising capital gains is bad for investing capital. And the left vehemently has pushed to increase capital gains.

You hear it from the left all the time

Zomg the rich people's tax rate is lower than mine..

No it's freaking not, they chose to invest their money.

I don't care how you make your money.  If you make a profit you should be taxed on it.  Nuke the IRS and create a flat tax on ALL income above 'poverty' level.  You wouldn't need a progressive tax if everyone was paying the same % of their income.  Rich people and big business will still invest their money, because smart investments lead to massive profits.

I wouldn't double dip on businesses either.  I would not tax money paid out to employees or shareholders, as they would be getting taxed on their income already.

Neither party would have the balls to do this, so I know it's just a fantasy.