Author Topic: Election 2016  (Read 332115 times)

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
Re: Election 2016
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 03:44:33 PM »
I am all for making it longer.

Agreed. If only there were any other options. Hopefully one comes along.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 03:55:34 PM »
If she got past Hillary, which is highly unlikely, I think she would energize the democratic base and  get a higher voter turnout.  Also, the anyone but Hillary crowd on the right might not bother going to the polls.

You kidding? The far right money machine would go into overdrive if Warren got the nomination, she's their worst nightmare.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
You kidding? The far right money machine would go into overdrive if Warren got the nomination, she's their worst nightmare.

Those who know who she is and understand (to an extent) her platform would certainly sound the alarms. But the average idiot on that end of the spectrum would still find Hillary more appalling.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

I'm sure they would, and that would help their cause IF they turned out.  Another Clinton going in to office would be better for the average yokel turnout.

EDIT : What Badge said.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 04:03:13 PM »
You can't make this excrement up.  The irony is beautiful.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/politics/ted-cruz-obamacare/index.html

"What is problematic about Obamacare is that it is killing millions of jobs in this country and has killed millions of jobs," Cruz said. "It has forced millions of people into part time work. It has caused millions of people to lose their insurance, to lose their doctors and to face skyrocketing insurance premiums. That is unacceptable."

He sounds like Carl Sagan, a very retarded, bold face lying version of Carl Sagan. 

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »
Fun fact: Ted Cruz was born in Calgary.

Anyway, I'd be pretty surprised if Hillary doesn't end up winning in 2016

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 04:13:23 PM »
You can't make this excrement up.  The irony is beautiful.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/politics/ted-cruz-obamacare/index.html

He sounds like Carl Sagan, a very retarded, bold face lying version of Carl Sagan. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZmafy_v8g8

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 04:15:56 PM »
Fun fact: Ted Cruz was born in Calgary.

I'm sure there's an explanation for it but I haven't heard anyone explain yet what the difference is between his an Obama's supposed situation.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »
I'm sure there's an explanation for it but I haven't heard anyone explain yet what the difference is between his an Obama's supposed situation.

I'm guessing both of Cruz's parents were American citizens?  I'm not sure that either of Obama's parents were American citizens, so the fact he was born on US soil was very important.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 04:20:31 PM »
I'm guessing both of Cruz's parents were American citizens?  I'm not sure that either of Obama's parents were American citizens, so the fact he was born on US soil was very important.

Cruz's father is a Cuban defector who became a naturalized US citizen in 2005.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 04:22:50 PM »

Obama's mother was American, his father was not. He was born in America.

Cruz's mother was American, his father was not. He was not born in America.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 04:25:13 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/yes-ted-cruz-can-be-born-in-canada-and-still-become-president-of-the-us/275469/

But what won't prevent Cruz from becoming president is his place of birth. Cruz was born in Calgary, Canada, while his parents were living there. His father is now an American citizen, but was not at the time; his mother, however, was born in the United States.

Helpfully, the Congressional Research Service gathered all of the information relevant to Cruz's case a few years ago, at the height (nadir?) of Obama birtherism. In short, the Constitution says that the president must be a natural-born citizen. "The weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion appears to support the notion that 'natural born Citizen' means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship 'at birth' or 'by birth,' including any child born 'in' the United States, the children of United States citizens born abroad, and those born abroad of one citizen parents who has met U.S. residency requirements," the CRS's Jack Maskell wrote. So in short: Cruz is a citizen; Cruz is not naturalized; therefore Cruz is a natural-born citizen, and in any case his mother is a citizen. You can read the CRS memo at bottom; here's a much longer and more detailed 2011 version.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
Elizabeth Warren would be terrible for businesses and terrible for healthcare.

There's gotta be someone on the left who supports abortion gay marriage and all those hot button liberal issues, that doesn't have retarded economic views

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 04:33:10 PM »
Cruz's father is a Cuban defector who became a naturalized US citizen in 2005.

So, I guess the mom was enough.  Just checked, and Obama's mom was born in Kansas, so that entire birther fiasco was a moot point.

From Wiki:

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth," either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth."

The precedent seems to go all the way back to Chester A. Arthur, the 21st president, born in Candada to a US mother and Canadian father.

Apparently Obama should have just told everyone he was born on Mars to a US mother.  It wouldn't have mattered by rule of law.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 04:34:35 PM »
Now I'm confused as to how that entire movement gained steam. I don't remember hearing a single person explain that rule.

Just HE WAS BORN IN KENYA and NUH UH YOU LIAR.