Author Topic: 2014 NYJ Free Agency Discussion  (Read 43811 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2014 NYJ Free Agency Discussion
« Reply #255 on: December 30, 2013, 01:18:21 PM »
I honestly must have not paid attention. Was this right before he got hurt? If not, it makes no sense for him to not have been doing more of it.

He had 5 punt returns between weeks 7 and 8 and another three between weeks 10 and 11.

Week 9 against the Saints neither of Morstead's punts were returnable while Kyle Wilson took over punt return duties against Miami.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:23:08 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #256 on: December 30, 2013, 01:28:06 PM »
He had 5 punt returns between weeks 7 and 8 and another three between weeks 10 and 11.

Weird. At 12 yards per return average, he'd be 10th on the list for the entire league this year behind Ginn Jr. So why wasn't he in on more punts?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #257 on: December 30, 2013, 01:29:58 PM »
Weird. At 12 yards per return average, he'd be 10th on the list for the entire league this year behind Ginn Jr. So why wasn't he in on more punts?

Well it does say "Fragile handle with care" on the back of his jersey.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #258 on: December 30, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »
Well it does say "Fragile handle with care" on the back of his jersey.

Clearly someone missed that label anyway.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #259 on: December 30, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »

You remember that he only came to the team in week 7, right? After that he can only return the ones that were returnable.

Only two punts against the Saints, one was kicked out of bounds and the other one wasn't listed as returned. As for Miami he was injured in the second quarter and the Jets couldn't force a punt until late in the game.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #260 on: December 30, 2013, 01:38:52 PM »
Kristian Dyer
Based off conversations he's had with management, Mike Goodson expects to be a Jet in 2014: http://t.co/l3T9X1lrII via @sharethis #nyjets
2:30PM EST

Rich Cimini
DT Sheldon Richardson on possibility of losing DL coach Karl Dunbar (expiring contract): "I don't think we're going to lose him." #Jets
2:17PM EST

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »
No problem if Goodson is on the roster heading into training camp but I want another HB in there to compete with him, especially given that Powell is the one with the fewest injuries between him, Goodson and Ivory.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2013, 01:42:28 PM »
Can Goodson drive one of those little motorized carts with the spinning brushes on the bottom that they use for cleaning parking lots after drunk people have been using them for drinking beer and eating burgers? That's about the only job I'd give him at the place. He got the opportunity to demonstrate what he could bring to the team and he did that quite magnificently. freak Mike Goodson.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »
There is no guarantee that he recovers completely after that leg injury. He can compete for a job but I want the HB position upgraded regardless of whether or not he's cut.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2013, 02:13:34 PM »
I like the trio of Goodson, Ivory, and Powell. Not world beaters by any means but they can get the job done. Their skill sets complement each other well.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2013, 02:18:17 PM »
I like the trio of Goodson, Ivory, and Powell. Not world beaters by any means but they can get the job done. Their skill sets complement each other well.

Two of the three have extensive injury histories. I like the skill sets but I'd like to see at least one of those roles upgraded with a more durable player.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2013, 02:21:18 PM »
This is why I want the team to go after either McCluster or Edleman.

Why not just pay a little extra for Golden Tate? He can return punts and be a good #2 for this team.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »
Why not just pay a little extra for Golden Tate? He can return punts and be a good #2 for this team.

I think we have the room to go after Tate and McCluster.

I like Tate as the #2 and McCluster as a flex/PR. I don't want a starting WR splitting his time as the punt returner as well. I know Tate ha experience at the position but I want to see what he can do if he only has to concentrate on playing receiver. I just keep thinking about Santana Moss' time with the Jets and his drop off at PR when he began earning starter reps.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:25:59 PM by CatoTheElder »

Tags: jets