Author Topic: ESPN shill Rex Ryan  (Read 145087 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: All Rex debate, all the time
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »
If you can't see what point Cane is trying to make then I dont know what to say.

The old saying: it takes a village. In this sport it's never just about one guy.

His point is invalid in our case because we didn't have a QB to develop. And we still got to two AFC Championship Games without one.

Now we still don't have a QB, let's see how long before we get back even to the playoffs. Won't be next year, won't be the year after.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 04:32:00 PM »

His point is invalid in our case because we didn't have a QB to develop. And we still got to two AFC Championship Games without one.

Now we still don't have a QB, let's see how long before we get back even to the playoffs. Won't be next year, won't be the year after.

That's overrated too. A QB is good or not usually because he's good or he isn't. This idea that a coach needs to "develop" everyone is nonsense.

That's what the response was to, chief. Simply posting it again makes me feel dirty.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »

All Jets gear has been put away until 2020.

So many posts that are going to get dragged out.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »
That's overrated too. A QB is good or not usually because he's good or he isn't. This idea that a coach needs to "develop" everyone is nonsense. Maybe a product of the helicopter parenting generation, I don't know. If you're no good in the first place what is any coach going to develop you into?

So in your mind... what exactly does a HC do?

Because clearly you dont think they are in charge of developing players. Im pretty sure you dont think Rex has any influence in the roster makeup either... So do you just think he strictly calls a game?

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »
^^and as much as I like Rex and think he's a great defensive coach and I hope he succeeds wherever he goes next, he wasn't even that good at calling the game.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »

If you don't have the talent to be a good NFL QB no amount of coaching is going to give it to you. If you have talent that can be developed, sure, Rex didn't have QBs who are ever going to be that good no matter who coaches them. Sanchez is exhibit A.

Sanchez was as mismanaged as you can get.  He had a lot of promise, and we fucked with every bit of stability we could.  It was dreadful.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »
So why is he the same QB with the great offensive mind Chip Kelly? I even bought in, thinking this was what he needed, but in the end he is who he is, and they're not in the playoffs either.

I think this has been widely explained.

We fucked Sanchez up. We Carr'd him and he won't ever be feasible again. He might have moments or flashes, but we broke the kid. He's done. We fucked up his chances and ours, and when we did it he became a ruined product and so did we. Sometimes you draft a guy and do everything right, see Andy Dalton, and he still sucks. But that wasn't the case with Sanchez, we did pretty much everything wrong with him and he still almost succeeded. But when it went wrong, it went really really really wrong.
Need a new one for a new board...

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »
This argument is dumb, if Rex was a hall of fame caliber coach he would have been able to pick talent better both in his assistants and his players. While Rex was here we all know the offense was mediocre at best, but the special teams was horrible as well. Even with the so called greatest special teams coach ever. I am sorry, but a good head coach, especially one that depends on the field position battle, more than his wife's toes should have more than no freaking clue about 2 thirds of a football team. It's shear ridiculousness defending him like he is the second coming of Vince freaking Lombardi. I am saying this as someone that likes Rex a lot.

Rex brought this on himself. He should have paid more attention to detail and less on his vaunted defense. At the very least he should have dispelled that belief and act like he gave a excrement about the other 2 thirds of a football team. Frankly, sometimes it appeared if he lost 3-0 he would be happy his team played great defense.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:32:53 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 06:56:52 PM »
I think this has been widely explained.

We fucked Sanchez up. We Carr'd him and he won't ever be feasible again. He might have moments or flashes, but we broke the kid. He's done. We fucked up his chances and ours, and when we did it he became a ruined product and so did we. Sometimes you draft a guy and do everything right, see Andy Dalton, and he still sucks. But that wasn't the case with Sanchez, we did pretty much everything wrong with him and he still almost succeeded. But when it went wrong, it went really really really wrong.
This is way overblown. Sanchez was put behind the best offensive line of the decade and was supported by a top 3 if not #1 defense and running game. He lost weapons and some OL talent in his third and fourth years but every team has holes/injuries. Sanchez had the best situation a young QB can ask for his first couple years. You guys act like we tossed him into Chernobyl

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 06:59:10 PM »

This argument is dumb, if Rex was a hall of fame caliber coach he would have been able to pick talent better both in his assistants and his players. While Rex was here we all know the offense was mediocre at best, but the special teams was horrible as well. Even with the so called greatest special teams coach ever. I am sorry, but a good head coach, especially one that depends on the field position battle, more than his wife's toes should have more than no freaking clue about 2 thirds of a football team. It's shear ridiculousness defending him like he is the second coming of Vince freaking Lombardi. I am saying this as someone that likes Rex a lot.

Rex brought this on himself. He should have paid more attention to detail and less on his vaunted defense. At the very least he should have dispelled that belief and act like he gave a excrement about the other 2 thirds of a football team. Frankly, sometimes it appeared if he lost 3-0 he would be happy his team played great defense.

The sad thing is that at the start it seemed like he was heavily invested in the offense.  He loved Sanchez, was instrumental in scouting him, and then just kind of quit caring.  It's like he thought that one bit of time was enough for his tenure.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 07:05:47 PM »
Holes/injuries are one thing.  It's another thing entirely to recognize that your quarterback is struggling to develop and then remove support as some sort of tough love crucible.
It wouldn't matter what talent we put out there. Sanchez is a dumbass and he can't stop turning the ball over. He had success in the fast-paced Eagles offense because he didn't have to think. Once teams adjusted he promptly eliminated them from playoff contention.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »

It wouldn't matter what talent we put out there. Sanchez is a dumbass and he can't stop turning the ball over. He had success in the fast-paced Eagles offense because he didn't have to think. Once teams adjusted he promptly eliminated them from playoff contention.

Apparently it did matter because we got vastly different results when he had a good supporting cast vs when he didn't.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 08:00:15 PM »
Apparently it did matter because we got vastly different results when he had a good supporting cast vs when he didn't.
Yea, when the Jets Defense and Running game went from best in the NFL to mediocre the Jets missed the playoffs. Let's not act like Sanchez willed this team into the playoffs.

He absolutely played well in the playoffs but his regular season statistics are awful as a Jet.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »
Ok. Let's tank then.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »
I asked a question and you start talking about Rich Kotite.

You said a couple days ago you didn't want to sound like Champ. Everything you've been saying is Champ-esque lately.