Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142139 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »
MFW when I see ads for Blended

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2014, 04:40:44 PM »
How is Bikini Swamp Girl Massacre going to be anything other than amazing?

That's a problematic title.  Are scantily-clad female swamp things being massacred?  Or are plainly dressed girls being massacred at Bikini Swamp? 

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2014, 04:45:36 PM »
MFW when I see ads for Blended

I can't believe people still pay good money to watch Adam Sandler's vacations. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2014, 02:37:22 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #275 on: June 01, 2014, 05:06:17 PM »
So I just watched Cloud Atlas with Tom Hanks and Halle Berry. I put it here because we don't have a middling movies thread.

There were parts that I thought were very compelling, but the story as a whole was very confusing. There were no less than 5 separate stories taking place across 5 completely different time periods. The overall theme seemed to be that doing the right thing meant more than life itself, but I'm not entirely sure that was the point. In essence I have no freaking clue what the point of the movie was, and I'm hoping somebody else can explain it to me.
Need a new one for a new board...

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #276 on: June 01, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
So I just watched Cloud Atlas with Tom Hanks and Halle Berry. I put it here because we don't have a middling movies thread.

There were parts that I thought were very compelling, but the story as a whole was very confusing. There were no less than 5 separate stories taking place across 5 completely different time periods. The overall theme seemed to be that doing the right thing meant more than life itself, but I'm not entirely sure that was the point. In essence I have no freaking clue what the point of the movie was, and I'm hoping somebody else can explain it to me.

That would be like trying to explain the plot of Lost Highway.  Impossible.

I think CA was mostly about karma and reincarnation.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #277 on: June 01, 2014, 08:57:34 PM »
I saw  V/H/S. Wouldn't say it's horrible but it has no purpose as a movie. It could have been done on YouTube

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #278 on: June 01, 2014, 11:34:33 PM »
I saw  V/H/S. Wouldn't say it's horrible but it has no purpose as a movie. It could have been done on YouTube

Youtube? it's a found footage horror anthology. Horror anthologies never really have a "purpose", they're just collections of completely differing short horror stories in 1 movie.

watch the second one, it's much better than the first.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:39:38 PM by JFIF »

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #279 on: June 01, 2014, 11:37:06 PM »
Youtube? it's a found footage horror anthology

watch the second one, it's much better than the first.

I get that but there was little to no story linking one bit to the next. Could have been five separate movies and I'd be none the wiser.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #280 on: June 01, 2014, 11:40:29 PM »
I get that but there was little to no story linking one bit to the next. Could have been five separate movies and I'd be none the wiser.

That's what *all* anthologies are.   It's not an uncommon film type.  There's hundreds of movies done in that style.

Tales from the Crypt and Creepshow being some of the most popular of the horror subgenre of that.

The main problem with the first V/H/S was that some of the stories were much better than others, and some dragged on. V/H/S 2 has only 4, and they're really good. Particularly the 3rd one...is freaking insane.

also , SPOILER :

The whole point at the end is that watching these fucked up movies (which in the movie itself, are supposed to be real within that context) is that it eventually drives the watchers of the film insane and into a supernatural world.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:46:01 PM by JFIF »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #281 on: June 02, 2014, 06:19:48 AM »
That would be like trying to explain the plot of Lost Highway.  Impossible.

I think CA was mostly about karma and reincarnation.

I was afraid nobody would be able to explain it. It was certainly something. I just think if I knew what the hell was going on, moving towards, it would have been enjoyable.
Need a new one for a new board...

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #282 on: June 02, 2014, 08:18:21 AM »
That's what *all* anthologies are.   It's not an uncommon film type.  There's hundreds of movies done in that style.

Tales from the Crypt and Creepshow being some of the most popular of the horror subgenre of that.

The main problem with the first V/H/S was that some of the stories were much better than others, and some dragged on. V/H/S 2 has only 4, and they're really good. Particularly the 3rd one...is freaking insane.

also , SPOILER :

The whole point at the end is that watching these fucked up movies (which in the movie itself, are supposed to be real within that context) is that it eventually drives the watchers of the film insane and into a supernatural world.

Understandable. Not a genre I'm used to then.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #283 on: June 02, 2014, 09:59:05 AM »
I was afraid nobody would be able to explain it. It was certainly something. I just think if I knew what the hell was going on, moving towards, it would have been enjoyable.

I found it much better the second time I watched it.  Tom Hanks characters make the most sense, as you really watch his soul progress from evil to good.  The gay couple start off good, but while one gets progressively more neutral through the stories, the other becomes a hero.  I suppose there are many ways to look at the movie, and I am sure that was intentional, but that was my takeaway.

The anime looking story line could have been a standalone movie easily.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2014, 08:02:37 AM »

Try reading the book then. I'm convinced it was hugely acclaimed because no-one wanted to admit to it being a huge pile of nonsensical toss.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: movies