Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142143 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2014, 11:19:04 PM »
I just sat through Fear starting mark Aalborg Reese Witherspoon and Alissa Milano. Terrible movie, but 1996 Alissa Milano.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2014, 11:20:19 PM »
And...I would know that, how?

Don't know...make a few more insinuations, maybe we can figure it out.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2014, 11:22:08 PM »
Don't know...make a few more insinuations, maybe we can figure it out.
Are you sad?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2014, 11:22:59 PM »
Are you sad?

why would i be sad?  I'm trying to help you "keep up"
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2014, 11:23:53 PM »
why would i be sad?
Because you watched male on male rape tonight?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2014, 11:24:45 PM »
Because you watched male on male rape tonight?

I just imagined Ving Rhames was Puck....and it turned into comedy.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2014, 11:25:50 PM »

Ok...I'm outta this thread now.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2014, 11:26:15 PM »
Ok...I'm outta this thread now.

you'll be back, Otto.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #248 on: March 22, 2014, 12:17:55 AM »

Haha. So much unintentional comedy whenever he was on screen.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #249 on: March 22, 2014, 10:09:42 AM »

This confirms I will never ever stay at the anchor with you and Adam.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2014, 07:32:11 PM »
Revisiting the movie that launched this thread:

The plot of the movie is simple. College freshman Josh Wheaton (not to be confused with director Joss Whedon) elects to take a philosophy class. His professor, Dr. Radisson, informs the class they can skip the course’s hardest section, on God, if they all simply get to the point and admit that “God is dead.” Josh refuses because he’s a Christian (you can tell because of his Newsboys shirt) and learns that the alternative involves arguing for his belief in front of the class. Inspired by biblical passages that declare that Jesus will disown him before God if he disowns Jesus before man, Josh rises to the challenge. At the conclusion of three 20 minute lectures, he bests his atheist professor and convinces all 80 students in the class that God is not dead—including a Chinese student, who calls him “Mr. Josh.” (His rich Chinese (Buddhist?) father, who apparently lives in the back of his limo, is none too pleased.

There are a number of B-stories. Duck Dynasty’s Willie Robertson makes a cameo or two to defend religious belief, and Radisson’s Christian wife (a former student of his) leaves him because they are “unequally yoked.” There is also a young Muslim girl, Ayisha, who works on campus and is forced to wear a head covering on campus by her very “traditional” Muslim father. She is forced to come out of the closet (i.e., admit that she is a Christian) to her father when he finds out she has been listening to Christian scripture on her iPod. (We are not told how or why she converted.) He beats her for doing so, and when she confesses Jesus as her savior, he almost chokes her to death, but then instead disowns her, throwing her out of the house.

Then there is “Pastor Dave” who encourages Josh to take on his philosophy professor, but then is kept from going on vacation with Reverend Jude because God keeps every car Dave touches from starting. This allows him to still be around to stand up for family values when Ayisha comes to him for help; he instructs her to choose her loyalty to Jesus above her family. And he is also there at the end of the film to lead Professor Radisson through the sinner’s prayer after Radisson is fatally hit by a car but kept alive by God just long enough to see the error of his ways in a very “no atheists in foxholes” moment.

Oh, and I almost forgot Amy Ryan, the vegetarian humanist reporter, who attacks Duck Dynasty’s Willie Robertson and his wife for killing ducks, then finds out she has terminal cancer, is consequently dumped by her self-serving poopchute atheist boyfriend (apparently her only friend in the world), and then led to salvation by the Christian rock group Newsboys before one of their concerts—where all our main characters (except the dead philosophy professor) rock out for a few songs. Willie Robertson congratulates Josh on his accomplishments, and the concert attendees (and movie attendees) text “God is not dead” to everyone on their contact list.

In the end, everyone from the Muslim, to the Buddhist, to the atheist has been won over by Jesus because of Josh's brave stand for God. (The issue of how proving that God exists also proves that Jesus is God was not addressed.) It reminded me a bit of Rocky IV—the one where Rocky fights the Russian. In the end, even the Russians are rooting for Rocky. “Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!”

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/logical-take/201403/god-s-not-dead-neither-is-philosophy

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2014, 07:39:26 PM »
Dean Cain and Kevin Sorbo, together, at last.  It's the DeNiro/Pacino combo Generation X needed. 

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2014, 10:22:12 PM »
HBO Asia has a knack for showing terrible movies on loop. Fear is on all the time, and now Man of the House. Terrible movie but lots of funbags and derriere.
"Wrong!"

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2014, 08:59:34 AM »

Is JTT the funbags or the derriere?

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2014, 06:26:39 PM »
The next chapter in Michael Bay's no-lube hate rape of my childhood. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjsWpM9zFU

I don't think he knows about Exosquad.  Don't nobody go telling him about Exosquad. 

Tags: movies