Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142145 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #1140 on: October 01, 2022, 11:03:17 PM »

100% on RT right now
We better add it to your thread
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1141 on: October 01, 2022, 11:05:27 PM »
https://youtu.be/oUlgwJNdu2I

This was always going to suck but I was looking forward to the new Cenobite designs.  Then CGI Pinhead shows up.

Really, Pinhead?  You couldn't pull that off with practical effects?
I dunno, I kinda like the idea of a remake. I tried to rewatch the original not long back and it hasn't aged well.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1142 on: October 01, 2022, 11:22:04 PM »
The last time reuben complained about CGI in a trailer he wound up liking the film and JE hated it so we'll have to see about this one.

I'm once again at a loss for what MB is trying to do.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1143 on: October 02, 2022, 08:43:04 AM »
The last time reuben complained about CGI in a trailer he wound up liking the film and JE hated it so we'll have to see about this one.

I'm once again at a loss for what MB is trying to do.

You're mah boy, blue
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1144 on: October 14, 2022, 10:16:37 AM »
The Block Island Sound

Normally I'm all in on an island being plagued by mysterious creatures but this one was just such a disappointment. If you want a movie that gives you all of it's plot points through the first 10 minutes and then stumbles so slowly through the story you'd swear the actors should have aged by 20 years then this is the one for you.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1145 on: October 16, 2022, 08:26:29 PM »
Halloween Ends but it gets better if you act like it's not a Halloween sequel.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #1146 on: October 17, 2022, 11:39:55 AM »
Halloween Ends was a fine entry. I don't understand why it's getting shitted on. You watch Halloween because of the awesome kills.

Also the new Hellraiser was too long and the cenobites look like excrement. I was disappointed. How do the costumes and effects look 100% better in the 1987 film with shoestring budget?
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1147 on: October 17, 2022, 12:28:20 PM »
Halloween Ends was a fine entry. I don't understand why it's getting shitted on. You watch Halloween because of the awesome kills.

Also the new Hellraiser was too long and the cenobites look like excrement. I was disappointed. How do the costumes and effects look 100% better in the 1987 film with shoestring budget?

The kills weren't even that good. It's getting excrement on because it's bad.

This movie jerks off in a closet and cries when it finishes.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #1148 on: October 17, 2022, 12:33:47 PM »
The kills weren't even that good. It's getting excrement on because it's bad.

This movie jerks off in a closet and cries when it finishes.

Don't be hatin' at least they still finished.

I thought the kills were good. In particular the flame and the tongue. (trying not to spoil.)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1149 on: October 17, 2022, 12:43:27 PM »
Don't be hatin' at least they still finished.

I thought the kills were good. In particular the flame and the tongue. (trying not to spoil.)

If it was just going to be about gratuitous kills then I think it would have been a lot better received but they tried to do too much with the story and fumbled it completely.

Overall I'm not happy with what David Gordon Green and Danny McBride did with this franchise. At least they won't do it again.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #1150 on: October 17, 2022, 03:29:06 PM »
If it was just going to be about gratuitous kills then I think it would have been a lot better received but they tried to do too much with the story and fumbled it completely.

Overall I'm not happy with what David Gordon Green and Danny McBride did with this franchise. At least they won't do it again.

I don't think the franchise was exactly in a spectacular place before they took the helm.

You must be excited for their upcoming take on Exorcist (one of my all time favorite movies.)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1151 on: October 17, 2022, 04:50:16 PM »
I don't think the franchise was exactly in a spectacular place before they took the helm.

You must be excited for their upcoming take on Exorcist (one of my all time favorite movies.)

It's been in a bad place since Carpenter left but they didn't do it any favors. If they stopped at Halloween (2018) I would probably have a better view of it but they didn't so...

David Gordon Green as a horror director just doesn't make sense. I think he loves the genre but I don't think he's suited for it.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1152 on: October 23, 2022, 11:43:17 AM »
Halloween Ends but it gets better if you act like it's not a Halloween sequel.

OK, rewatched the DGG trilogy so I could get a better grasp on why I hated Ends so much (SPOILERS:

-Laurie Stroud in Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills vs. Laurie Stroud in Halloween Ends: Sarah Connor vs. some old grandma

We were introduced to a character who spent decades training in weapons and turning her cottage into a fortress/death trap just in case Michael Meyers ever escaped and came back. After Michael Meyers already escaped, came back, and killed Laurie's daughter only to kill an entire town mob and the disappear without a trace, Laurie decides to just relax for four years.

-Corey:

This is the biggest problem that I have with the movie. Corey's story line could have been a great movie if it had nothing to do with Michael Meyers. A guy who becomes a serial killer after being bullied and ostracized by the entire town, INCLUDING FOUR RANDOM MARCHING BAND KIDS, for an accident he caused is a great story line. Smashing it together with Michael Meyers is difficult to do because they really have nothing in common aside from the most generic possible efforts (e.g. "inner darkness", "dark path"...etc.). Ultimately, it doesn't feel like Halloween ends was originally written as a Halloween script. It feels like they adapted a different, unrelated script to work in the Halloween elements, kind of like Saw II but with, somehow, worse execution (goddamnit).

-Corey and Allyson:

This was so rushed they went through an entire 6 month relationship in the course of 2 days. Seriously, Laurie brings Corey to Allyson's office, hints that they should date because...reasons, and Allyson's immediate reaction is: you're my boyfriend now! Like, no character development, no actual growth, no exposition, just 0-60 only so they can have a fight so Corey has a reason to storm off alone in the middle of the night after a party. If this was JUST a movie about Corey becoming a serial/slasher killer and targeting the people he thinks are hurting his crush/girlfriend than this would be a great angle but they don't flesh it out at all. I know someone is going to say that it's a Halloween movie and I shouldn't be looking for too much plot development but, if it's a just supposed to be a Halloween movie than this would have hit the cutting room floor before it was even storyboarded and if they are going to include something like this than they should have put actual work into it. Either develop your ideas or leave them out. This is part of why I think that it was an adapted script and not written as a stand-alone movie.

Also, Corey: "If I can't have your grand daughter than nobody can!" *immediately cuts his own throat so now literally anyone who isn't Corey can have her* How did that line and that action make it through script editing? Was that some kind of shitty studio producer's note that DGG and Danny McBride didn't feel like fighting?

-Haddonfield

The entire population of this town makes absolutely zero sense. Michael Meyers completely disappeared 4 years after murdering an entire lynch mob and numerous citizens and there is no evidence that the town even bothered looking for him after that. Just, "Oh shucks, what a bummer! Also, freak Laurie." The only mentions of Michael Meyers are the kid in the beginning using him to taunt Corey while he's babysitting and other, random people in the town blaming Laurie for the attack because she somehow taunted Michael Meyers by hiding in a cottage away from the town and learning how to use a gun, and trying to kill him when he broke into her house and tried to kill her whole family. Like, multiple people frame the whole Michael Meyers massacre as Laurie taunting a man with a mental disorder. What kind of fucked up, nonsensical excrement is this? And Laurie's response to it being said to her is to just quietly nod and walk away.

Look, I'm completely OK with horror movies that are just about the kills with a loose narrative laid over top to get the killer from the start to his own grisly demise. What makes a lot of the 80s slasher genre great is that they utilize a minimalistic plot to get the focus on the killer and the main protagonist's actions instead of exposition and or excessive inter-personal relationships. However, that's not what Halloween Ends was presented as. DGG and McBride tried to throw a lot of higher concept ideas into the mix but failed to develop them properly. If you're not going to give these plot points the room they need, then don't use them. This movie felt like the studio said it serving boeuf bourguignon but instead it produced a bowl of lightly boiled ground beef with a bay leaf in it, carrot on the side, with a glass of red wine spilled into the carpet.

There. I'm done obsessing over hating this.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1153 on: October 23, 2022, 11:44:36 AM »
That's entirely too many words to spend on a horror franchise sequel.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1154 on: October 23, 2022, 11:45:04 AM »
DGG should not be allowed to do horror ever again

As I was typing this, I remembered that he's making an Exorcist trilogy next...
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: movies