Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142145 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #840 on: December 14, 2016, 04:27:21 PM »
Against my better judgement I watched The Brothers Grimm. I don't have much time for gross out humour or for Sacha Baron Cohen, and this movie contained far too much of both, but it did at least provide sufficient laughs to exceed my admittedly extremely low expectations.

I do not recommend watching it though.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #841 on: December 14, 2016, 05:22:21 PM »
Against my better judgement I watched The Brothers Grimm. I don't have much time for gross out humour or for Sacha Baron Cohen, and this movie contained far too much of both, but it did at least provide sufficient laughs to exceed my admittedly extremely low expectations.

I do not recommend watching it though.

Thank you for not liking movies and recommending we not watch them, but can you at least get the titles correct?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #842 on: December 14, 2016, 08:04:38 PM »
Thank you for not liking movies and recommending we not watch them, but can you at least get the titles correct?

That's how much I enjoyed the movie.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #843 on: January 12, 2017, 09:37:38 PM »
The Ghostbusters remake is absolutely horrendous. Even without comparing it to the original, it is cringingly not funny. Nothing about it.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #844 on: January 12, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »

The Ghostbusters remake is absolutely horrendous. Even without comparing it to the original, it is cringingly not funny. Nothing about it.

Daaaayuuuuum
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #845 on: January 12, 2017, 09:42:32 PM »

misogynist or is it massageonist
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #846 on: January 12, 2017, 09:48:15 PM »
misogynist or is it massageonist
It's just not funny. Period. I'm not even gonna watch the whole thing. It's just stupid.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #847 on: January 12, 2017, 09:56:31 PM »
I just shut this off to watch a horrible version of Super Fuzz which is probably the best worst movie ever made. Ernest Borgnine FTW.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #848 on: January 12, 2017, 10:11:17 PM »
I have no interest in watching it, none.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #849 on: January 22, 2017, 12:23:40 AM »
10 Cloverfield Lane is a dreadful movie on so many levels. The title ruins it in the first fifteen minutes. A couple of good performances wasted on a complete shitshow of a film.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #850 on: January 22, 2017, 12:29:53 AM »
10 Cloverfield Lane is a dreadful movie on so many levels. The title ruins it in the first fifteen minutes. A couple of good performances wasted on a complete shitshow of a film.

One of my favorite movies of 2016.  What didn't you like about it? 

Cloverfield is basically going to be a Twilight Zone type of series.  This movie is in the same universe as Cloverfield, but they are not related in any other way. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #851 on: January 22, 2017, 12:43:19 AM »

Cloverfield is basically going to be a Twilight Zone type of series.  This movie is in the same universe as Cloverfield, but they are not related in any other way. 

Maybe it's radiation?

Maybe it's chemical weapons?

Maybe John Goodman's a psycho and it's all his invention?

Oh no wait, it's called freaking Cloverfield. It's alien gribblies like we knew it was from the outset. Brilliant performances ruined by an utter lack of tension because it was called Cloverfield and we knew before it started that it was alien gribblies because we saw the first freaking Cloverfield.

It was originally written as a script called The Cellar. I don't know how they'd planned on finishing it, but even just keeping the title would have made it better. But no, they had to put Cloverfield in the title to get people into the cinemas despite the fact that it ruined the film.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #852 on: January 22, 2017, 02:51:56 AM »

Great I had no interest in seeing it.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #853 on: January 22, 2017, 08:28:37 PM »

I really enjoyed it too.  It didnt bother me that I knew what was going on, because the people in the shelter clearly didn't.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #854 on: January 24, 2017, 09:17:24 PM »
I enjoyed it as well. I never saw cloverfield though.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: movies