Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142147 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #825 on: August 12, 2016, 09:54:45 AM »
I'm trying to think of the last movie I saw that made the point that women are just as strong as men.

Mad Max?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #826 on: August 12, 2016, 10:40:59 AM »
I'm trying to think of the last movie I saw that made the point that women are just as strong as men.
Enough starring Jennifer Lopez
G.I. Jane starring Demi Moore

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #827 on: August 12, 2016, 11:11:11 AM »
All Girls Massage Seduced by the Masseuse. fantastic movie, I have watched it 55 times.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #828 on: August 12, 2016, 12:37:55 PM »
Mad Max?

The men did all the heavy lifting.  Courage and cunning maybe, but the movie definitely didn't showcase female strength.  She was a good driver, though, which could certainly be argued to not fit most women.  I could see that as a valid complaint.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #829 on: August 12, 2016, 12:38:15 PM »
Enough starring Jennifer Lopez
G.I. Jane starring Demi Moore

Yes.  freak GI Jane.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #830 on: August 12, 2016, 07:26:45 PM »
The men did all the heavy lifting.  Courage and cunning maybe, but the movie definitely didn't showcase female strength.  She was a good driver, though, which could certainly be argued to not fit most women.  I could see that as a valid complaint.
I'd like to see Furiosa parallel park that thing.

Just sayin'.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #831 on: August 12, 2016, 07:56:27 PM »
I never said there was anything wrong with it. But I feel society is trying to blur gender roles, when it clearly goes against reality. What's wrong with portraying woman as they are? Do we have to do the whole "They're just as strong and blah blah as men" excrement?

This is just some made up excrement in your mind. I'm sure there are examples for you to point out if you care to but I don't think many movies actually go for that. I also assume you don't have a problem with a movie like die hard where a NYC cop or similar every man type guy is a walking death machine for 2 hours.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #832 on: August 12, 2016, 08:19:09 PM »
This is just some made up excrement in your mind. I'm sure there are examples for you to point out if you care to but I don't think many movies actually go for that. I also assume you don't have a problem with a movie like die hard where a NYC cop or similar every man type guy is a walking death machine for 2 hours.

What are you talking about? I have absolutely no doubts about my ability to execute an entire team of well armed, well trained and well resourced terrorists with a meticulously planned job, armed with nothing but a vest and my own badassery. That movie's just portraying men as they are.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #833 on: August 12, 2016, 08:20:56 PM »
I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone that JE and JFIF are scared of snakes.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #834 on: August 12, 2016, 10:59:24 PM »
I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone that JE and JFIF are scared of snakes.

Ha ha

(Nelson from the Simpsons laugh)
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #835 on: August 13, 2016, 09:09:04 AM »

I'm not scared of them. I picked up and moved a grass snake a couple of months ago because it was in my MIL's flower bed where my SIL was gardening. If I ran into a snake I don't recognise in the city though, I'd assume it was dangerous because until I know otherwise it's the sensible assumption to make. Snakes don't live in cities, which would mean it had been transported there either by accident or as a pet, which means that it could be dangerous. And therefore a shovel to the head is the reasonable approach to take.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #836 on: August 13, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »
I'd like to see Furiosa parallel park that thing.

Just sayin'.

I heard there was a scene, but they were worried it would cost them an Oscar nomination.  Shrewd move.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #837 on: August 13, 2016, 09:27:07 AM »
I'm not scared of them. I picked up and moved a grass snake a couple of months ago because it was in my MIL's flower bed where my SIL was gardening. If I ran into a snake I don't recognise in the city though, I'd assume it was dangerous because until I know otherwise it's the sensible assumption to make. Snakes don't live in cities, which would mean it had been transported there either by accident or as a pet, which means that it could be dangerous. And therefore a shovel to the head is the reasonable approach to take.

I can't picture you hitting a snake in the head with the shovel.  This is how I picture the reaction:

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #838 on: August 13, 2016, 10:00:01 AM »
I can't picture you hitting a snake in the head with the shovel.  This is how I picture the reaction:

If exit stage left is an option then you'd better believe I'm taking it.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #839 on: September 08, 2016, 08:48:35 PM »
Gladiator - quality + horses =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLJdzky63BA

This bombed and deserved to bomb.

Tags: movies