Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142139 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #795 on: August 11, 2016, 12:13:02 AM »
My biggest problem with all this is that it's really just not a feminist movie.  It was unfairly branded as such by a bunch of offended fucktards on the internet, and then the studio made it worse by releasing one of the worst trailers I've ever seen.  It wasn't a bad movie at all; it was infinitely better than the pile of excrement I was expecting.  However, most people had their minds made up before it was ever released.  Whether you think it's a feminist movie and whether that's a bad thing says more about you than it does about the movie.  It wasn't a feminist movie at all, and people on both sides of that argument need to shut the freak up.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #796 on: August 11, 2016, 05:39:31 AM »
Iggy is triggered

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #797 on: August 11, 2016, 07:40:34 AM »
My biggest problem with all this is that it's really just not a feminist movie.  It was unfairly branded as such by a bunch of offended fucktards on the internet, and then the studio made it worse by releasing one of the worst trailers I've ever seen.  It wasn't a bad movie at all; it was infinitely better than the pile of excrement I was expecting.  However, most people had their minds made up before it was ever released.  Whether you think it's a feminist movie and whether that's a bad thing says more about you than it does about the movie.  It wasn't a feminist movie at all, and people on both sides of that argument need to shut the freak up.

Wasn't it just a female version of Ghostbusters? How's that not a feminist movie? They hire a good looking secretary based on his looks alone, and he's a bumbling idiot. Also the movie is filled with extreme caricatures, while the original had the two smart and serious scientists, the whitty one, and the everyman. Yeah, Peck may have been an over-the-top villain, but from what I've heard this new Ghosbusters made it clear that it was a chick flick. It was essentially Bridesmaids/The Hangover.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #798 on: August 11, 2016, 07:42:28 AM »

I don't doubt that some people are annoyed by the feminist thing. But I really think it's just some PC carebare bullshit thst annoys most people. Like the people who wanna take James bond and make him black just for tbe sake of having a black James bond.

There's nothing wrong with having diversity in Hollywood, but it's just completely changing an existing character or franchise  for the sake of PC and diversity that annoys people, at least me.

And we've seen that quite a bit.

X-men recently deciding to make iceman gay (despite him existing for like 40 years already or something), changing karate kid to black, Ghostbusters to female etc etc.

I also think part of it is just butchering classic movies too. People are very emotional and nostalgic, so changing something dear to whatever is weird
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:45:32 AM by dcm1602 »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #799 on: August 11, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »
Wasn't it just a female version of Ghostbusters? How's that not a feminist movie? They hire a good looking secretary based on his looks alone, and he's a bumbling idiot. Also the movie is filled with extreme caricatures, while the original had the two smart and serious scientists, the whitty one, and the everyman. Yeah, Peck may have been an over-the-top villain, but from what I've heard this new Ghosbusters made it clear that it was a chick flick. It was essentially Bridesmaids/The Hangover.

I guess we have different opinions of what feminist means.  I expected it to have those girl power type moments.  It didn't.  Unless you think a woman doing something is inherently feminist, which is a sad statement if true, then it's not feminist.  It's just women being ghostbusters without really ever pointing out that they're women.  There's no one telling them that women can't do this or that and they prove the misogynist wrong.  It's a complete non-factor in the movie aside from one character being attracted to Chris Hemsworth.  I don't get it.  Should any movie starring women be called "feminist"?  It's just such a stupid label to apply broadly given the negative connotation.

And guess what?  This movie has two brilliant scientists, a brilliant weird engineer, and an Everyman.  The trailers sucked.  The movie didn't.  It was average.  It wasn't a chick flick at all aside from starring women.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #800 on: August 11, 2016, 03:25:31 PM »
And again, of all the shitty remakes out there, why does this one get such an insane amount of hate if not for the woman factor?

The original Ghostbusters killed Ghostbusters 3 but wanted Ghostbusters to continue.  I hate that decision, but who gives a freak if it's women instead of men unless the movie turns it into some gender equality in your face statement?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #801 on: August 11, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »

I guess we have different opinions of what feminist means.  I expected it to have those girl power type moments.  It didn't.  Unless you think a woman doing something is inherently feminist, which is a sad statement if true, then it's not feminist.  It's just women being ghostbusters without really ever pointing out that they're women.  There's no one telling them that women can't do this or that and they prove the misogynist wrong.  It's a complete non-factor in the movie aside from one character being attracted to Chris Hemsworth.  I don't get it.  Should any movie starring women be called "feminist"?  It's just such a stupid label to apply broadly given the negative connotation.

And guess what?  This movie has two brilliant scientists, a brilliant weird engineer, and an Everyman.  The trailers sucked.  The movie didn't.  It was average.  It wasn't a chick flick at all aside from starring women.

The black woman wasn't an Everyman. She was a insanely stereotypical mad black woman. Winston just happened to be black but was a normal working man just looking for a job. That's a big difference.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #802 on: August 11, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »
The black woman wasn't an Everyman. She was a insanely stereotypical mad black woman. Winston just happened to be black but was a normal working man just looking for a job. That's a big difference.

Did you see the movie?  The trailer made her look like that, but in the movie she was like Timothy Levitch.  Knew every single piece of history about NYC.  She was a more fleshed out character than I expected.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #803 on: August 11, 2016, 04:08:26 PM »
TIL MTA employees who love their city aren't an Everyman.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #804 on: August 11, 2016, 04:09:09 PM »
Did you see the movie?  The trailer made her look like that, but in the movie she was like Timothy Levitch.  Knew every single piece of history about NYC.  She was a more fleshed out character than I expected.

I'll watch the movie out of curiosity when it comes out on cable or something, but won't pay to see it. The trailer definitely made her look like the "Oh hell nawwwww" character for sure.
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #805 on: August 11, 2016, 04:10:25 PM »
I never would have guessed Iggy's fuse was lit by Ghostbusters.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #806 on: August 11, 2016, 04:40:46 PM »

He also said that he liked Bridesmaids better than The Hangover.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #807 on: August 11, 2016, 05:11:58 PM »
He also said that he liked Bridesmaids better than The Hangover.

Both were overrated.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #808 on: August 11, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »
And again, of all the shitty remakes out there, why does this one get such an insane amount of hate if not for the woman factor?

The original Ghostbusters killed Ghostbusters 3 but wanted Ghostbusters to continue.  I hate that decision, but who gives a freak if it's women instead of men unless the movie turns it into some gender equality in your face statement?

Why did people freak out over karate kids remake being black? Or having a black James bond? And there was some other movie recently too where they had an Asian chick played by a white woman I think? People freak when people freak with nostalgia

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #809 on: August 11, 2016, 05:31:35 PM »

What fuse?  I just said it was an average movie that people got stupidly upset about.  I was just surprised when I saw it that everyone got so angry, then here come Tommy and dcm being stupid for no reason.

Tags: movies