Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142149 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #780 on: August 10, 2016, 05:10:31 PM »
Anyone with a passing interest in comedy knows who Wiig and McKinnon are. And McCarthy was the lead of a huge CBS shitcom for a decade or so.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #781 on: August 10, 2016, 05:49:13 PM »
Anyone with a passing interest in comedy knows who Wiig and McKinnon are. And McCarthy was the lead of a huge CBS shitcom for a decade or so.
ok I probably know who they are but not by name.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #782 on: August 10, 2016, 09:45:37 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515

Feminist can suck a big fat male dick

And I guarantee that they're gonna just bitch and whine that the movie failed because of sexism and bullshit. Not because it's a garbage excrement movie.

Remakes of great all time classic movies just don't do well. That's the reality

The movie failed because a bunch of people got really pissed about something that ultimately didn't and still doesn't matter.

If the movie had been met with no fanfare and people went to see it, it would have done decent business and wouldn't have merited more than a passing mention moving forward.

Instead?  People got pissed because they remade Ghostbusters with a new cast and/or a bunch of women.  Before anyone called it a feminist success, people were calling it a men's rights failure.  It was an obvious feminist ploy before any feminists had said a word about it.  Cue said feminists overreacting to said irrational hatred and a clusterfuck ensued.

It was a decent movie, worth cheap admission (paid $20 for my family of 4) that was needlessly maligned.  The only thing more annoying than an angry feminist is an angry guy telling you how annoying and enraging the angry feminist is.  When he gets out in front of her?  Yikes.

The movie didn't fail on its own merits.  It deserved a chance to.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #783 on: August 10, 2016, 09:46:34 PM »

She's also a very bankable low A list comedy star.

And easily the least funny one in the movie.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #784 on: August 10, 2016, 09:55:25 PM »
The movie failed because a bunch of people got really pissed about something that ultimately didn't and still doesn't matter.

If the movie had been met with no fanfare and people went to see it, it would have done decent business and wouldn't have merited more than a passing mention moving forward.

Instead?  People got pissed because they remade Ghostbusters with a new cast and/or a bunch of women.  Before anyone called it a feminist success, people were calling it a men's rights failure.  It was an obvious feminist ploy before any feminists had said a word about it.  Cue said feminists overreacting to said irrational hatred and a clusterfuck ensued.

It was a decent movie, worth cheap admission (paid $20 for my family of 4) that was needlessly maligned.  The only thing more annoying than an angry feminist is an angry guy telling you how annoying and enraging the angry feminist is.  When he gets out in front of her?  Yikes.

The movie didn't fail on its own merits.  It deserved a chance to.

Even without the negative influence I doubt it would have been a financial success. It's just a scapegoat for a movie that just didn't appeal to people.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #785 on: August 10, 2016, 09:59:25 PM »
A ghostbusters remake barely appeals to me. A ghostbusters remake with none of the original cast isn't on my radar at all.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #786 on: August 10, 2016, 10:06:00 PM »
She's also a very bankable low A list comedy star.

And easily the least funny one in the movie.

Is she really considered A list ?

Im definitely not up to date with modern nonsense, but id imagine her a B list actress. And the rest just completely irrelevant

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #787 on: August 10, 2016, 10:12:40 PM »

A ghostbusters remake barely appeals to me. A ghostbusters remake with none of the original cast isn't on my radar at all.

We weren't the target demographic. It was kids and women aged 18-35. It was basically Bridesmaids but with Ghosts.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #788 on: August 10, 2016, 10:18:32 PM »
We weren't the target demographic. It was feminists and hippy liberals

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #789 on: August 10, 2016, 10:41:36 PM »
do you guys think ocean's 8 is going to suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #790 on: August 10, 2016, 10:55:36 PM »
We weren't the target demographic. It was kids and women aged 18-35. It was basically Bridesmaids but with Ghosts.

Aside from three people the two movies have pretty much nothing in common.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #791 on: August 10, 2016, 11:56:24 PM »

Probably.

This and it's impossible to get the originals back together anyway. Murray and Ramis didn't speak for twenty years I think, that's what held up a sequel.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #792 on: August 11, 2016, 12:03:21 AM »

I think the question isn't whether it will but how much it will.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #793 on: August 11, 2016, 12:06:44 AM »
Even without the negative influence I doubt it would have been a financial success. It's just a scapegoat for a movie that just didn't appeal to people.

Like I said, it deserved a chance to fail on its own merits.  I didn't say it would have succeeded.  It was excrement on simply because it was Ghostbusters without the Ghostbusters and with women.  Those were the two complaints, and it got a level of hate no other remake has.  The people who say it had nothing to do with misogyny are as bad as the people who say it had everything to do with misogyny. 

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #794 on: August 11, 2016, 12:10:19 AM »
Not a chance.

And while I can certainly understand calling me ignorant on that, the fact is they lost almost 100 million dollars and won't be having a sequel. Not to mention the reviews all called it a heaping pile of excrement as well

(and as always I exaggerate everything, but the fact that they never remade it with the originals is incredibly disappointing)

Even once thst guy died they easily could have worked around thst in the movie (ie his character had died in the movie as well, and they can easily pay tribute to him then bring in anyone to fill the role)

So instead of all time greats like Aykroyd and Bill Murray we get a bunch of no name knockoff brand chick's to prove that sexism is bad or something

It was 73% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

Dan Aykroyd loved it.  Bill Murray said that they were all cheering by the end of the movie.  They fucked up by not coming together to make another sequel.  You only have the original Ghostbusters to blame for the new one, but they all liked it, even though Ernie Hudson fought it right up until the release (and yet still appeared in a cameo).

Tags: movies