Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142146 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #525 on: June 08, 2015, 10:24:43 AM »
Lol you chose San Andreas over a movie getting great reviews and universal praise from people who see it.  I doubt I'll go see Spy in theaters, but everyone I know who did liked it. 

I want to see Spy, but that's not really a theater type movie for me.  My wife loved San Andreas, and I pretended I didn't hate it for her sake, so alls well and stuff.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #526 on: June 08, 2015, 04:07:28 PM »
I haven't seen either, but I'd rather watch San Andreas than TDAT.

The Rock punches earthquakes vs. Jake Gyllenhaal runs away from the cold

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #527 on: June 17, 2015, 08:07:39 AM »
On the train back down to NY last night I had a sudden urge to watch Creepshow 2, a horror movie I haven't seen in probably 20 years. The Raft was one that used to freak me the freak out. Still holds up slightly, but holy excrement the acting is awful.
"Wrong!"

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #528 on: July 15, 2015, 06:38:20 PM »
Lake Placid vs Anaconda has one of the strangest sex scenes where someone gets eaten by a crocodile. That is not a phrase I use lightly

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #529 on: July 15, 2015, 06:41:17 PM »

Lake Placid vs Anaconda has one of the strangest sex scenes where someone gets eaten by a crocodile. That is not a phrase I use lightly

I just scrolled past that.

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #530 on: July 15, 2015, 06:42:42 PM »
I just scrolled past that.

So far cannot recommend it, even as a crap movie

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #531 on: August 05, 2015, 08:38:30 AM »
Spoilers

Quotes for Prrrtastic Frrrt, culled from the internet:

"Michael B. Jordan doesn't show up for the first 25% of the film."

"The only reason they go to the other dimension is because Reed, Doom and Johnny get drunk."

"It's Clobbering Time" is something said to Ben Grimm by his older brother as he abuses him."

"Johnny talks about Instagram while he's in the parallel dimension."

"Fantastic Four feels like a 100-minute trailer for a movie that never happens."

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:45:28 AM by Badger »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #532 on: August 05, 2015, 02:18:48 PM »
None of those are good examples in the slightest as only Evil Dead has the same sort of cachet and is still a niche movie.  Point Break is an awesome bad movie.  It's well known by a huge swath of people.  It has a long running live show.

Whaaaaaaa...?

Oh my god, that looks like a freaking blast. 

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #533 on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:57 PM »
Spoilers

Quotes for Prrrtastic Frrrt, culled from the internet:

"Michael B. Jordan doesn't show up for the first 25% of the film."

"The only reason they go to the other dimension is because Reed, Doom and Johnny get drunk."

"It's Clobbering Time" is something said to Ben Grimm by his older brother as he abuses him."

"Johnny talks about Instagram while he's in the parallel dimension."

"Fantastic Four feels like a 100-minute trailer for a movie that never happens."

Miles Teller, a couple days ago:

"Rarely are films of this size critically well received... This is not a movie we're going to go on (review website) Rotten Tomatoes and it's going to be at 80 or 90 per cent," he added.

Oof.  You know you've just made a piece of excrement when your star promises a C+ ceiling before the film's even released. 

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #534 on: August 05, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »
Why is it so impossible to make a good Fantastic 4 movie.  Is the source material just utter shite?

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #535 on: August 05, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »
Why is it so impossible to make a good Fantastic 4 movie.  Is the source material just utter shite?

Doctor Doom is one of the best Marvel villains, and they've botched him twice now. I don't know why they tried to shoe-horn him into the origin story again.   

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #536 on: August 06, 2015, 08:04:23 AM »
"Reed filled all the cliches, from Boy Genius Invents Something No 8 Year Old Ever Could Understand & Gets Laughed At For It, to Guy Dramatically Yells Everything The Bad Guy Is Doing During The Climax Even Though It's Obvious. It was clearly written by someone who hasn't seen a movie since 2002, and was directed by a goldfish."

Currently 8% on RT.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #537 on: August 06, 2015, 08:07:35 AM »

I guess I'm one of the few people who liked the previous ones.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #538 on: August 06, 2015, 08:09:27 AM »
Any of you actually walked out of a movie at a theater?  It's been a while for me, but the two I walked out of were both Nicole Kidman movies. "To Die For" and "Eyes Wide Shut".  freaking garbage.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #539 on: August 06, 2015, 08:13:19 AM »
Any of you actually walked out of a movie at a theater?  It's been a while for me, but the two I walked out of were both Nicole Kidman movies. "To Die For" and "Eyes Wide Shut".  freaking garbage.

The only time I walked out of a movie was because the projectionist started playing the wrong movie, and I didn't want to watch Susan Sarandon and Goldie Hawn trying to keep their wrinkly leather asses relevant in The Banger Sisters. To be fair the movie I intended to see was also not good (Jackie Chan's The Tuxedo). My sisters and I left that theater and joined our parents in the one showing My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which was a massive upgrade.

The worst or least enjoyable movie I ever paid to see in theaters was Ninja Assassin, which kind of sneaks up on you with its shittiness. I didn't realize it sucked until the end.

Tags: movies