Author Topic: Future of Jay Cutler?  (Read 13490 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Future of Jay Cutler?
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:25:24 PM »
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears will start Jimmy Clausen over Jay Cutler in Week 16 against the Lions.
The Bears are benching Cutler just 14 starts into his seven-year, $127 million extension. Per NFL Network's Mike Silver, coach Marc Trestman felt he could no longer start Cutler "simply to justify a contract" when his on-field play was so poor. Cutler regressed in his second season in Trestman's offense, leading the NFL in turnovers (24). Owed a fully guaranteed $15.5 million next year, the Bears' only option is to trade Cutler this offseason if they want to move on from him. Chicago would absorb $19
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

This is gonna be an interesting situation

I dont know if any teams would trade for Cutler's contract as he is making a crap ton of money, borderline elite money

But the guy still has moderate value (if you believe that the OC/scheme is part of the problem)

Of course if the guy is struggling this much with easily a top 3 or 4 group of skill position players around him, I dont know how he could do much better elsewhere.

Id imagine that the Jets get heavily connected to him in some way shape or form due to recent events

I just dont think anyone wants that contract, so I guess well see if the bears cut him.

Itll also be interesting to see a somewhat similar situation play out with the Giants and Eli Manning (who is due an absurd amount of cash next year as well)

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:43:13 AM by Badger »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Future of Jay Cutler ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:38:15 PM »
And as poor as Cutler's season has been, the last time the Jets have had a QB with a higher QB rating (than Cutler this year) was 2004, when Pennington only threw for 2700 yards

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Future of Jay Cutler ?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 09:38:37 PM »
Cutler is basically uncuttable until 2016. Unless the Bears are willing to take an epic cap hit with the dead money it would create in 2015.

If he is on the block, I'd be interested to hear what they want in return. The way his contract is structured it would be easy to cut him after a 1 year audition.

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:41:10 PM »
Cutler goes to the Bucs. Mariota goes to the Titans. Winston falls to the Jets

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:10 PM »
Cutler is basically uncuttable until 2016. Unless the Bears are willing to take an epic cap hit with the dead money it would create in 2015.

If he is on the block, I'd be interested to hear what they want in return. The way his contract is structured it would be easy to cut him after a 1 year audition.

And they can still eat some of his contract while trading him (similar to what Denver did when they traded that QB to the Jets a few y..)

It sounds (according to bums on nfl.com) that a trade would likely be a salary dump, with a pretty low asking price.

Id imagine his value wouldn't go higher than a 3rd, and almost certainly will be some sort of conditional trade that if hes on a team for more than 1 year itll go from a 5th/6th up to a 3rd/4th

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 12:07:11 AM »
And they can still eat some of his contract while trading him (similar to what Denver did when they traded that QB to the Jets a few y..)

It sounds (according to bums on nfl.com) that a trade would likely be a salary dump, with a pretty low asking price.

Id imagine his value wouldn't go higher than a 3rd, and almost certainly will be some sort of conditional trade that if hes on a team for more than 1 year itll go from a 5th/6th up to a 3rd/4th

Don't the Bears have to pay up the guaranteed portion of his contract if they trade him? I thought that was a rule in the CBA, hence why Harvin can be cut for free by us.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 12:09:05 AM »
Cutler goes to the Bucs. Mariota goes to the Titans. Winston falls to the Jets

Then we pass on him for an elite prospect and take Garrett Grayson in the second round
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 05:01:09 AM »

Then we pass on him for an elite prospect and take Garrett Grayson in the second round

Preach on, brother.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 06:23:35 AM »
Back on the David Harris for Jay Cutler hype train...get it done, Tanny.

/tgg nostalgia
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 07:32:16 AM »

Back on the David Harris for Jay Cutler hype train...get it done, Tanny.

/tgg nostalgia

I'm not getting hyped until Kerry Rhodes tweets about it.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 07:43:33 AM »

Do you subscribe to Out Magazine to get his opinion?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 08:40:43 AM »

Jet Blue promotion!!!!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »
It might be worth signing Cutler just to see his smugness toward the NY media.

Cimini:  "Jay, this is the third multi-INT game in a row for you, do you feel that the team might be looking elsewhere soon?"

Cutler (cigarrette hanging):  "freak off Dick, next question."

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
Re: Future of Jay Cutler?
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
Re: Future of Jay Cutler?
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 09:30:40 AM »