Author Topic: Possible Jets HC Candidates  (Read 65746 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Possible Jets HC Candidates
« Reply #360 on: December 31, 2014, 09:57:29 AM »
Why aren't we interviewing Gase?

I know people aren't a huge fan of us but with Atlanta Bears 49ers all interviewing him why the hell wouldn't we be?

At least let's check out one of the young up and coming offensive minds

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #361 on: December 31, 2014, 10:00:15 AM »
At this point there are so many names in the hat it may be overkill or maybe they just haven't had a chance yet.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #362 on: December 31, 2014, 10:02:41 AM »
At this point there are so many names in the hat it may be overkill or maybe they just haven't had a chance yet.
Well he's on a bye week

So if we don't bite now, it's not likely for us to get another chance

Especially if Denver wins a few games

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #363 on: December 31, 2014, 10:26:30 AM »
I want an OFFENSIVE minded coach on this team for once in what seems like a million years. 

That's like drafting an inferior player because you need to fill his position at that time. Might be a good fit but doesn't make him a better player. We need to get who they think is the best coach, period. We've already downgraded the organization in a key position, objective now is to make the downgrade as small as possible.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #364 on: December 31, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
That's like drafting an inferior player because you need to fill his position at that time. Might be a good fit but doesn't make him a better player. We need to get who they think is the best coach, period. We've already downgraded the organization in a key position, objective now is to make the downgrade as small as possible.
So you'd be on board with the Jets drafting a running back in the first, if he was slightly better than the best QB/te/wr available?

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather a very good wr instead of say a great running back

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #365 on: December 31, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »
I wasn't aware we had spoken to pep Hamilton. But he has 6-1 odds on being our next coach...

The guy was instrumental in Lucks development, so he'd be a solid candidate. I know he would make K happy to add to the list of interviewees

Hell, me and you spoke about this yesterday and my interest in Pep has gone on for years. First as an OC candidate before we hired Sparano, and now as a HC candidate.

Are we officially going to interview him, or is this just a betting line? Lol

Does it say anywhere were scheduled to

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #366 on: December 31, 2014, 11:23:59 AM »
Hell, me and you spoke about this yesterday and my interest in Pep has gone on for years. First as an OC candidate before we hired Sparano, and now as a HC candidate.

I haven't read anything, but perhaps Vegas (or whomever makes the odds) knows something we don't?
Need a new one for a new board...

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »
I haven't read anything, but perhaps Vegas (or whomever makes the odds) knows something we don't?

They always know excrement we don't, it's their business.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2014, 11:38:28 AM »
So you'd be on board with the Jets drafting a running back in the first, if he was slightly better than the best QB/te/wr available?

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather a very good wr instead of say a great running back

That all depends on your board and draft position. Hopefully at #6 there is someone who can help us in a need position. My example is a generic one, if you reach for someone because you need that position and hope it works out, that doesn't necessarily fill the need.

We can't worry about the last three or five coaches and where they came from, that doesn't matter now. Get the best candidate.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #369 on: December 31, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »

Just a betting line, for now.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2014, 12:41:03 PM »

See, now you're just being OTT and stupid. I have a degree of sympathy for your position on Rex but making the statement as you effectively just have that there is literally no coach who could be an improvement on him is obviously ridiculous. I put it to you that you have completely lost any perspective on this situation now.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »
See, now you're just being OTT and stupid. I have a degree of sympathy for your position on Rex but making the statement as you effectively just have that there is literally no coach who could be an improvement on him is obviously ridiculous. I put it to you that you have completely lost any perspective on this situation now.

It's possible we can improve from where we were but not likely, how about that? Not to say there isn't a better coach out there but I don't have faith in Woody to get him.

I really think the GM is the most important thing here, because as we just saw even a good coach won't succeed if we continue to draft like excrement, make stupid trades and not get a QB. Woody badly whiffed his last swing at that, so excuse me if I'm not brimming with confidence that we're going to get this right.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:50:12 PM by Italian Seafood »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #372 on: December 31, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »
I'm heading a Pep Hamilton fan club.

BTW Raiders officially going to interview him

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #373 on: January 04, 2015, 01:45:20 PM »
 Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL 2m2 minutes ago

More Trask on Jackson: "Hue Jackson is one of the most brilliant offensive minds I have ever had the privilege and pleasure of working with"

I still think the Jets should interview Hue Jackson.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2015, 02:50:44 PM »
His offense is really tearing it up right now!

Actually, I do like Hue. He did a good job in Oakland (as OC and HC) before Reggie McKenzie abruptly fired him when he took over.

Good news is he'll be available for interviews in about a half hour.