Author Topic: I <3 NY  (Read 197634 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: I <3 NY
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2014, 02:23:18 PM »
Apparently, NYC is making derriere loads of money off the camera tickets in the bus lanes. I read an article where people are getting tickets while trying to turn into shopping centers and private homes.

I live on a circle, assholes drive through like it's a Vin Diesel movie, I want to put those blacktop speed bumps down but with markings on them. Once there car bottoms out they will learn to slow down. too many little kids in the area.

Assholes speeding amongst kids really pisses me off. It happens all the time in my neighborhood. I scream slow down all the time and usually they do.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2014, 02:27:07 PM »
It's 4 lanes now cut down to 3 for commuter traffic. I would say about 25% of it is public bus transportation. It was really bad for commuters (non bus commuters) now it's a parking lot. It will take you 30 minutes to go from light to light.

But that's the point. It's deliberately trying to make car journeys slower and bus journeys faster, so that people start giving proper and serious consideration to taking transit rather than getting in the car. You live in a major city, you should be using transit - modern cities are too busy for everyone to drive everywhere.

It isn't a dumb idea. Driving is dumb.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Jetaho

• Laveranues Coles
  • HAPPY BIRTH
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
But that's the point. It's deliberately trying to make car journeys slower and bus journeys faster, so that people start giving proper and serious consideration to taking transit rather than getting in the car. You live in a major city, you should be using transit - modern cities are too busy for everyone to drive everywhere.

What's really dumb is people who whine about the cost of public services - like the bus - and yet choose to not use the bus because their car is more comfy. Less riders increases the public subsidy, so by not taking the bus, they're whining about their own behavior.

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2014, 02:49:46 PM »

My biggest problem with it, there is about 4 bus stops in a 2 mile span. It basically runs from a mall to a transit center. I don't buy they're trying to push public transport more then the fact they knew they could make a ton of money off of the revenue generated by the tickets.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2014, 02:54:25 PM »
I'm sure they were actually trying to improve public transit (and then some other agency piggybacked the ticket rape onto it).

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2014, 02:56:53 PM »
I'm sure they were actually trying to improve public transit (and then some other agency piggybacked the ticket rape onto it).

Some of it makes no sense, like giving people tickets for trying to turn into a shopping center? or people getting ticketed turning into private driveways.

I did just read an article, SOME of the cameras were removed.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: I &lt;3 NY
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2014, 03:16:44 PM »
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Eric-Garner-Chokehold-Police-Custody-Cause-of-Death-Staten-Island-Medical-Examiner-269396151.html

Riot? Riot.
All this pity and sympathy for a guy who was part of a criminal enterprise, who got arrested while in the act of peddling illegal merchandise, and happened to die in the process

Guy didn't deserve to die by any means, but he certainly doesn't deserve pity or people rioting for justice for him

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2014, 03:19:37 PM »
Guy didn't deserve to die by any means,

Only part of your post that mattered.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2014, 03:22:41 PM »
Only part of your post that mattered.
They were smuggling cigarettes

He wasn't doing it on his own, where do you think that money goes?

Criminals made money off his fat derriere, and I doubt that money was used to do anything good

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
They were smuggling cigarettes

He wasn't doing it on his own, where do you think that money goes?

Criminals made money off his fat derriere, and I doubt that money was used to do anything good

Smuggling cigs is a hell of a lot better than working at McD's.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »
Smuggling cigs is a hell of a lot better than working at McD's.
I'm sure so is selling crack to kids.

Doesn't mean you're not a criminal.

The guy was helping criminal organizations get rich. Which can't be a good thing for the civilized world.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2014, 03:38:44 PM »
I'm sure so is selling crack to kids.

When you enter a thread do you pick a logical fallacy and run with it?

Doesn't mean you're not a criminal.

The guy was helping criminal organizations get rich. Which can't be a good thing for the civilized world.

Neither is murdering people for non-violent crime.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »
When you enter a thread do you pick a logical fallacy and run with it?

Neither is murdering people for non-violent crime.
I'm not saying the police offer deserves any pity either.

Bad things happen when you're doing bad things

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2014, 03:41:57 PM »
I'm not broken up about Garner, but they need to make an example of the cop.