Author Topic: I <3 NY  (Read 197648 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: I <3 NY
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2014, 12:14:55 PM »
Port Authority boat patrols around Kennedy and La Guardia airports were canceled last year to save money, although some patrols resumed last month after a boat crashed into runway approach lights at LaGuardia when its captain abandoned the helm to participate in a three-way sex romp, sources said. Nighttime patrols around Kennedy have yet to be restored, police sources said.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2014, 12:53:45 PM »
The new thing they have on Staten Island are these "bus only" lanes. Picture a 3 mile stretch with BQE like traffic, now remove a lane. It's possibly the dumbest idea of all time. And the fun part, if you're in the bus lane for more then a few minutes, a camera takes a pic of your license plate and hits you with a fine.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2014, 01:08:52 PM »
The new thing they have on Staten Island are these "bus only" lanes. Picture a 3 mile stretch with BQE like traffic, now remove a lane. It's possibly the dumbest idea of all time. And the fun part, if you're in the bus lane for more then a few minutes, a camera takes a pic of your license plate and hits you with a fine.

Buy a small yellow bus because freak them.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2014, 01:19:22 PM »
Buy a small yellow bus because freak them.

Write, "this is a tiny bus" on your car.  Are there laws stating what is considered a bus?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2014, 01:24:28 PM »

Why is it a dumb idea?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »
Why is it a dumb idea?

Presumably he isn't on the bus.

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2014, 01:56:02 PM »
Why is it a dumb idea?

It seems its only for MTA buses.

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2014, 01:56:31 PM »
Presumably he isn't on the bus.

Wish I was, I would get home faster.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2014, 01:59:43 PM »
Wish I was, I would get home faster.

The bus I take to the subway in the morning takes 20 minutes to go 1.7 miles on a typical day. No special lanes on Myrtle Avenue.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2014, 02:02:23 PM »
It seems its only for MTA buses.

I still don't understand why it's dumb.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: I &lt;3 NY
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2014, 02:05:40 PM »
Maybe there aren't enough buses to justify an entire lane to them? I don't know.  Wouldn't want a lane wasted 50% of the time.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2014, 02:07:33 PM »

I already told you, it's because he isn't on them.

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2014, 02:09:02 PM »

It's 4 lanes now cut down to 3 for commuter traffic. I would say about 25% of it is public bus transportation. It was really bad for commuters (non bus commuters) now it's a parking lot. It will take you 30 minutes to go from light to light. And, on top of it all Staten Island divers are horrible, the light turns green people speed up as fast as they can to each light. I see at least one rear end accident a week.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »
The first time I ever drove in SI, some idiot in front of me at a red light on a slight incline let his shitty pickup truck roll back into my bumper.

eyedea

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2014, 02:18:28 PM »
Apparently, NYC is making derriere loads of money off the camera tickets in the bus lanes. I read an article where people are getting tickets while trying to turn into shopping centers and private homes.

The first time I ever drove in SI, some idiot in front of me at a red light on a slight incline let his shitty pickup truck roll back into my bumper.

I live on a circle, assholes drive through like it's a Vin Diesel movie, I want to put those blacktop speed bumps down but with markings on them. Once there car bottoms out they will learn to slow down. too many little kids in the area.