Author Topic: I <3 NY  (Read 197629 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: I &lt;3 NY
« Reply #1395 on: October 28, 2021, 08:46:41 AM »
Didn't you get the memo, Lee Zeldin's going to be the next governor of NY...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The Leegend of Zeldin

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1396 on: October 28, 2021, 08:58:49 AM »
The Leegend of Zeldin

No idea who's in this guys ear floating the idea that he even has a chance when what he should do is enjoy the fact that he has an opportunity to be another Peter King and just get re-elected to his cushy Representatives gig in perpetuity, but whoever it is needs their head examined.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1397 on: October 28, 2021, 09:32:09 AM »

No idea who's in this guys ear floating the idea that he even has a chance when what he should do is enjoy the fact that he has an opportunity to be another Peter King and just get re-elected to his cushy Representatives gig in perpetuity, but whoever it is needs their head examined.

Simplest explanation: someone stands to make some cash by convincing him to run, and he's taking the bait.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: I <3 NY
« Reply #1398 on: October 28, 2021, 12:45:04 PM »
Lee Zeldin would grap their endorsement

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1399 on: October 29, 2021, 01:19:03 PM »
Leticia James announces her candidacy in a move that surprises absolutely no one.

Say hello to the next Governor of NY.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1400 on: October 29, 2021, 03:20:26 PM »
Leticia James announces her candidacy in a move that surprises absolutely no one.

Say hello to the next Governor of NY.
Most likely.

But there's an outside chance of vote-splitting and Hochul squeaking back in. Gotta see how the field develops.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1401 on: October 29, 2021, 03:30:13 PM »
Most likely.

But there's an outside chance of vote-splitting and Hochul squeaking back in. Gotta see how the field develops.

I'm assuming that James is another centrist pawn of the political aristrocracy that you despise?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1402 on: October 29, 2021, 03:42:34 PM »
I'm assuming that James is another centrist pawn of the political aristrocracy that you despise?
She's not that bad. But she could be if she decides to go down that road.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1403 on: November 01, 2021, 09:58:31 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1404 on: November 02, 2021, 05:33:20 AM »
6500 are asking for exemption and still waiting.  It'll be interesting to see how many of those that get rejected actually quit.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1405 on: November 02, 2021, 07:13:54 AM »
How many called in sick?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1406 on: November 03, 2021, 08:02:09 AM »
“Morning, Curtis. What’s the kitty’s name?” “Gizmo. Our most recent adopted cat from the shelters of New York City.” “You can’t bring the pet inside.” “Wow.” “You got enough people to hand it to somebody.” “I understand, but you’re not very animal friendly here. Do you have rules that you can show me that?” “Sure, there are signs all over the place. There’s no pets in the building.” “Oh, I see it. I see it. OK. All right. I’m sorry, sir.”

Curtis Sliwa brought a special guest with him to vote on Tuesday: Gizmo, one of the 17 cats he lives with in a studio apartment.

But Gizmo was denied entry to the polling site, on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, and Mr. Sliwa, the Republican nominee for mayor, was irate.

More problems soon followed, and Mr. Sliwa openly quarreled with election officials, shouting: “Arrest me!” when they asked him to take off a red jacket with his name on it — an apparent violation of electioneering rules.

In a general election match-up against Eric Adams that has provided relatively little drama, Mr. Sliwa’s visit to the polls created quite a stir.

His ballot jammed in the scanning machine, and the machine had to be repaired. An election worker hurled an expletive at Mr. Sliwa while asking him to leave.

“They couldn’t have been more hostile,” Mr. Sliwa said as he left the polling site, at Frank McCourt High School, more than an hour later and was reunited with Gizmo, who was being watched by a staffer.

Mr. Sliwa has received perhaps the most attention for his army of rescue cats and his animal welfare platform, and he sought to take advantage of that during his trip to the polls.

Gizmo peeked out from under a red blanket as Mr. Sliwa described how he was almost euthanized after getting a fungus.

“Gizmo was on the kill list,” Mr. Sliwa said. “Thank God my wife was able to save Gizmo.”

Mr. Sliwa, who was hit by a taxi on Friday, wore a sling on his left arm. He said he was in pain from the accident, but that he was more concerned for city workers who were placed on unpaid leave this week for refusing to get vaccinated — an issue he has increasingly focused on during the final week of the campaign.

“If I’m fortunate enough to be elected mayor, on Jan. 2, I will roll back those mandates,” he said.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1407 on: November 04, 2021, 01:38:55 PM »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1408 on: November 16, 2021, 05:48:03 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1409 on: November 17, 2021, 08:33:54 AM »

Here kitty, kitty….  (where’s security?)

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/woman-jumps-bronx-zoo-barrier-throws-100-bills-at-lion-and-dances-with-roses/3398860/

Not sure if it's an aesthetic choice or a financial one but they never seem to have any staff just standing around on the lookout for that sort of thing - which I'm generally fine with. Of course once someone does some stupid excrement you'd hope someone would arrive right away but it's not like they ought to jump in there with them.