Author Topic: I <3 NY  (Read 197637 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: I &lt;3 NY
« Reply #1305 on: August 03, 2021, 01:54:02 PM »

At this point, if he doesn't resign, he's getting impeached. I don't even think there's a question.

Schumer and Adams coming out in support of resignation. The base will turn on Cuomo once they get enough permission from blue team leaders.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: I <3 NY
« Reply #1306 on: August 03, 2021, 01:58:33 PM »
At this point, if he doesn't resign, he's getting impeached. I don't even think there's a question.

All hands must be on deck to ensure that in the next gubernatorial race, Letishia James is vaulted ahead as NY's knight of truth, justice and anti-sexual harassment.

Zephyr Rain Teachout for A.G.   ('zephyr' was a famous long-distance passenger train; parents just missed on her middle name)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1307 on: August 03, 2021, 02:01:51 PM »
I supported Zephyr but wasn't able to vote for her due to NY's restrictive primary laws. Following that race was a pretty formative experience.

Name recognition aside, I'd vote for her on her name alone - imagine if she were fat: zephyr the heifer

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1308 on: August 03, 2021, 02:11:14 PM »
Jeffrey "Shadowjacker" Toobin analyzing the Andrew Cuomo groping situation on CNN is peak awesomeness.

Funny fuse: popped.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1309 on: August 03, 2021, 02:30:04 PM »
Deputy Governor Kathy Hochul can just taste it.........me, I'll believe it when I see it.

https://twitter.com/LtGovHochulNY/status/1422631646080155649

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1310 on: August 03, 2021, 02:58:23 PM »

All hands must be on deck to ensure that in the next gubernatorial race, Letishia James is vaulted ahead as NY's knight of truth, justice and anti-sexual harassment.

If James hadn't done this then you'd be shouting about the Democrats closing ranks to protect their own, like, ooh, I dunno, Trump endorsing Roy Moore (which you may have been opposed to at the time, I don't recall). Point is, I'm not sure that there's any way James could be seen in your eyes to be doing right here.

I think at this point pretty much everyone regardless of political stripes can probably agree that Cuomo has long since worn out his welcome, rather than it needing to turn into a partisan slapfight.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1311 on: August 03, 2021, 03:23:36 PM »
If James hadn't done this then you'd be shouting about the Democrats closing ranks to protect their own, like, ooh, I dunno, Trump endorsing Roy Moore (which you may have been opposed to at the time, I don't recall). Point is, I'm not sure that there's any way James could be seen in your eyes to be doing right here.

I think at this point pretty much everyone regardless of political stripes can probably agree that Cuomo has long since worn out his welcome, rather than it needing to turn into a partisan slapfight.

Trump's endorsement of Roy Moore in 2017 is something I was very much against for a whole host of reasons.

As far as Laticia James, isn't it possible that someone could be doing the right thing which could also simultaneously be advantageous for her career? That's all I'm saying.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1312 on: August 03, 2021, 03:43:29 PM »
Trump's endorsement of Roy Moore in 2017 is something I was very much against for a whole host of reasons.

As far as Laticia James, isn't it possible that someone could be doing the right thing which could also simultaneously be advantageous for her career? That's all I'm saying.

Absolutely. I would hope that doing the right thing should simultaneously be advantageous for one's career, and it's a shame that too often it's not. So when you said

was the intended subtext "yaaasss queen, good for you, well done"?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1313 on: August 03, 2021, 03:54:51 PM »
Blue Team Leader calls for Cuomo to resign.

The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1314 on: August 03, 2021, 03:55:22 PM »
Biden and Pelosi saying he should go. He's toast now.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1315 on: August 03, 2021, 05:34:19 PM »
Jeffrey "Shadowjacker" Toobin analyzing the Andrew Cuomo groping situation on CNN is peak awesomeness.
Well it apparently wasn't Toobin, but my comment still stands.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1316 on: August 03, 2021, 07:11:16 PM »
I love getting rid of Cuomo.

I very much do not love that BdB was asked the other day about considering a run at gov and he was cagey about it.

The only Dem I can think of I'd want less than Cuomo would be Mayor Masshole.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1317 on: August 03, 2021, 07:12:31 PM »
I love getting rid of Cuomo.

I very much do not love that BdB was asked the other day about considering a run at gov and he was cagey about it.

The only Dem I can think of I'd want less than Cuomo would be Mayor Masshole.
He wouldn't make it past the primary.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1318 on: August 03, 2021, 07:16:07 PM »
He wouldn't make it past the primary.

There was a time this was said about a certain treasonous former POTUS.

Never underestimate the stupidity (and laziness) of the electorate.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1319 on: August 03, 2021, 07:18:39 PM »
There was a time this was said about a certain treasonous former POTUS.

Never underestimate the stupidity (and laziness) of the electorate.
Trump had a base waiting to be tapped. DeBlasio still appeals to who?