Author Topic: Kelvin Benjamin Offensive Rookie Of The Month  (Read 5718 times)

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
Kelvin Benjamin Offensive Rookie Of The Month
« on: October 03, 2014, 07:34:30 AM »
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/kelvin-benjamin-named-nfl-offensive-rookie-of-month/

In a draft loaded at WR I took some excrement for saying this kid had a late 1st grade.

It's been what you expect, typical Benjamin dropping some gimmies, but he's still making CB look like children the same way he did in college at times.

If Cam can keep his cool and they develop him, I see him snatching circus grabs to the bank in a few years

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Kelvin Benjamin Offensive Rookie Of The Month
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/kelvin-benjamin-named-nfl-offensive-rookie-of-month/

In a draft loaded at WR I took some excrement for saying this kid had a late 1st grade.

It's been what you expect, typical Benjamin dropping some gimmies, but he's still making CB look like children the same way he did in college at times.

If Cam can keep his cool and they develop him, I see him snatching circus grabs to the bank in a few years

Who are you kidding Coach K you deserve all the excrement you get.

We all do.....hahaha
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »

Who are you kidding Coach K you deserve all the excrement you get.

We all do.....hahaha

Nah just some way too early patting my self on the back .

As an FSU fan I just remember telling Badger bout him from the day he hit campus. Very inconsistent amazing potential. He was just tall and fast at first , then packed on roughly 25 lbs , slowed him down slightly but he started using his strength and frame to make up for his deficiencies, which he has slowly improved on each year.

Still a ways to go but Newton is a good match for him as a QB as long as Newton can keep his cool with the rest or the team

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 08:23:33 AM »
Simple Jace was robbed.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 08:51:14 AM »
Pretty much everyone on this board hated this kid in the draft
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 09:40:28 AM »
I thought Benjamin was a good pick...

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 11:15:14 AM »
I saw Benjamin in exactly one game, and during it I said I wanted him to be on the Jets short list. Many people wanted nothing to do with him and given that I don't watch NCAA football I just kept mostly quiet.

I'm disgusted with our draft thus far.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 11:18:25 AM »
I saw Benjamin in exactly one game, and during it I said I wanted him to be on the Jets short list. Many people wanted nothing to do with him and given that I don't watch NCAA football I just kept mostly quiet.

I'm disgusted with our draft thus far.

I think by the time the draft rolled around I had 6-7 WRs ahead of him on my list. But I definitely would have taken him over "no notable WR".

Edit: Pretty sure I had Watkins, Evans, ODB, Cooks, Adams, Matthews before him.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:22:00 AM by Badger »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »
I think by the time the draft rolled around I had 6-7 WRs ahead of him on my list. But I definitely would have taken him over "no notable WR".

Edit: Pretty sure I had Watkins, Evans, ODB, Cooks, Adams, Matthews before him.

And instead, we got Jalen Saunders and Quincy Enunwa.

But it's a "process" and there is a "plan."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 11:48:20 AM »
And instead, we got Jalen Saunders and Quincy Enunwa.

But it's a "process" and there is a "plan."

Don't forget Shaq Evans (and to be fair, injuries happen. Can't blame the FO for that.) But yes, I agree. Terrible draft and an average FA (I'm not upset about the players we got, more the players we didn't).

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 11:59:40 AM »
Don't forget Shaq Evans (and to be fair, injuries happen. Can't blame the FO for that.) But yes, I agree. Terrible draft and an average FA (I'm not upset about the players we got, more the players we didn't).

Terrible draft? We're four freaking weeks in to their careers. Jesus Christ, get some perspective. Pryor, Amaro, McDougle, Evans, IK, and Reilly all still have a chance to pan out as good players for us. Sure there are players that look great right now, but there are always players that jump out to a great start. Cadillac Williams rushed for like 150 yards/game for his first 4 games and did jackshit afterwards. It's waaaaay too early to judge.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 12:06:02 PM »
Our draft class was horrendous. Not a single freaking player has ever been allpro or made a probowl in his nfl career

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
Terrible draft? We're four freaking weeks in to their careers. Jesus Christ, get some perspective. Pryor, Amaro, McDougle, Evans, IK, and Reilly all still have a chance to pan out as good players for us. Sure there are players that look great right now, but there are always players that jump out to a great start. Cadillac Williams rushed for like 150 yards/game for his first 4 games and did jackshit afterwards. It's waaaaay too early to judge.

We've already cut a third of them (a 4th, a 5th and two 6ths) so that's not a great indictment of our player evaluation in the first place.

We used all twelve picks and somehow still managed to not get a decent wide receiver with an unprecedented amount of quality available at the position.

Maybe two or three of the players we took will go on to be solid pros. Maybe one of them will become a great player. It was still a pretty poor use of the resources available.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 12:21:58 PM »

The jury is out on Amaro thus far. McDougle was an unfortunate accident. Pryor will likely be a good player, but picking him in the first when we had so many other more pressing needs was a poor move.

Like JE said, it's more about who we didn't pick than who we did. If you go into a draft with 12 picks you need to come out of that draft with at least one immediate impact player. I'm sick and tired of "projects."

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 12:39:26 PM »
The jury is out on Amaro thus far. McDougle was an unfortunate accident. Pryor will likely be a good player, but picking him in the first when we had so many other more pressing needs was a poor move.

Like JE said, it's more about who we didn't pick than who we did. If you go into a draft with 12 picks you need to come out of that draft with at least one immediate impact player. I'm sick and tired of "projects."

You're trying to tell me safety wasn't a need?

Instant impact isn't best for the long term health of the franchise, necessarily. Players that make an instant impact aren't the best players long-term a lot of the time. Pryor is struggling but that's because we're not playing him to his strengths. Amaro has been looking better each week. We had 12 picks but most were late rounders, I don't know who's expecting impact out of late round picks this early - Richard Sherman wasn't starting at this point in his career. It's all a matter of it's been four games and players are still acclimating to the league.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:41:01 PM by Jumbo »

Tags: panthers