Author Topic: NFL changes rules over domestic violence convictions  (Read 10864 times)

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
Re: NFL changes rules over domestic violence convictions
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 05:33:22 PM »
Just out of curiosity,

On fan bias, how different would you feel had Wilkerson beat a bitch instead of Ray Rice?

Would anyone still be "outraged"?

I don't particularly care much to begin with, but imagine I'd care even less

Yes.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 05:35:02 PM »
I'm still angry about Rice's suspension. Any decent person should.

I'm taking a shot at these mandatory minimums. Why put any number on it? Saying, oh 6 games minimum, is a cop out to me. Edit: I don't see how they would LESSEN 6 games, which is what you inferred out of that paragraph.

Dcm...I never said that. I said the NFL, for the most part and systematically, has taken it easy on criminals, not the other way around.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:37:17 PM by guinness77 »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »
Just out of curiosity,

On fan bias, how different would you feel had Wilkerson beat a bitch instead of Ray Rice?

This little post you just made here explains you in a nutshell. Wow.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »
Just out of curiosity,

I'd accuse her of cigarillo theft and wait for the problem to solve itself.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 05:38:16 PM »
I'm still angry about Rice's suspension. Any decent person should.

I'm taking a shot at these mandatory minimums. Why put any number on it? Saying, oh 6 games minimum, is a cop out to me.

Dcm...I never said that. I said the NFL, for the most part and systematically, has taken it easy on criminals, not the other way around.

Well, if it wasn't Ray Rice but some bloke off the street, would he/she be in jail?  Don't be upset about the suspension, be upset about the legal system. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »
This little post you just made here explains you in a nutshell. Wow.
Is it not human nature to have bias?

I mean look at a typical example. Someone might say how people who drink and drive are monsters. And then their kid gets a dui and suddenly it's an innocent mistake.

I think its far worse to be biased and refuse to acknowledge it, then to be honest and open with your biasedy (that's a real word right?)

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 05:43:26 PM »

I mean look at a typical example. Someone might say how people who drink and drive are monsters. And then their kid gets a dui and suddenly it's an innocent mistake.

I think its far worse to be biased and refuse to acknowledge it, then to be honest and open with your biasedy (that's a real word right?)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »
Well, if it wasn't Ray Rice but some bloke off the street, would he/she be in jail?  Don't be upset about the suspension, be upset about the legal system. 
This thread has nothing to do with the legal system.

Jesus, my point from my first post is that the league should have looked at the evidence (don't they pay people to do these things?) and punished him solely on that. Same with Ray Lewis. Means with Roehthlisberger. Regardless of the legalities. If the NFL had access to the elevator tape him knocking her out he should have been suspended for that alone. And, a lot more than 2 games. If the only tape they saw was him dragging her out by her hair, then I would understand a little more. Even if I didn't agree with it.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 05:46:09 PM »

I, and, I suspect, a lot of others expect people to take responsibilities for their actions. If my kid one day drinks and drives (and God forbid) harms someone or themselves, I'll back them up but if they freak up I expect them to pay the price.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 05:47:17 PM »

Jesus, my point from my first post is that the league should have looked at the evidence (don't they pay people to do these things?) and punished him solely on that. Same with Ray Lewis. Means with Roehthlisberger. Regardless of the legalities. If the NFL had access to the elevator tape him knocking her out he should have been suspended for that alone. And, a lot more than 2 games. If the only tape they saw was him dragging her out by her hair, then I would understand a little more. Even if I didn't agree with it.

Calm Down son.   :-X

I was compounding on your anger with the legal system.  You have every right to be upset with the suspension, but I think the broader point is he isn't in Jail to begin with. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 05:48:08 PM »

They didn't have access to the tape of Rice knocking her out. It was evidence in a criminal prosecution and I believe that under the terms of the agreement with the prosecutor, it wasn't, isn't and won't be made available to the public, and not being part of the legal system that includes the National Football League.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 05:49:20 PM »
I, and, I suspect, a lot of others expect people to take responsibilities for their actions. If my kid one day drinks and drives (and God forbid) harms someone or themselves, I'll back them up but if they freak up I expect them to pay the price.
Lol @ people taking responsibility for their actions.

Guess.you haven't looked at modern day culture much.

Nobody takes responsibility for their actions at all these days.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »
They didn't have access to the tape of Rice knocking her out. It was evidence in a criminal prosecution and I believe that under the terms of the agreement with the prosecutor, it wasn't, isn't and won't be made available to the public, and not being part of the legal system that includes the National Football League.
Ok...I had said if this is the case then I get it. I don't agree with it but I get it. And Hawk, I agree with you, pretty wholehardedly, I only said this thread is not about that. That's another discussion for another day and a different sub-forum. Christ, look at Dante Stallworth.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2014, 05:52:54 PM »
Lol @ people taking responsibility for their actions.

Guess.you haven't looked at modern day culture much.

Nobody takes responsibility for their actions at all these days.
I don't care about that. Nice attitude. Maybe I'm out of touch, but I'll teach my kids to take responsibility for what they do.

Edit: you think that's right out of curiosity?

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:57:15 PM by guinness77 »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »
I don't care about that. Nice attitude. Maybe I'm out of touch, but I'll teach my kids to take responsibility for what they do.
Not many things I'd go out of my way to give someone on this board props for But good for you

And I mean that non sarcastically

And my attitude was more so about culture being toxic, not that I think people not taking any responsibility is a good thing