Author Topic: Practice squads increased from 8 to 10  (Read 3225 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Practice squads increased from 8 to 10
« on: August 18, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »
Per Schefter.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Practice squads increased from 8 to 10
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 06:52:36 PM »
Starting....  Now?

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 06:56:48 PM »
Starting....  Now?

No.....

It starts in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.....

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 06:58:38 PM »
Clearly Idzik had an inside man and knew all about this during the draft

I just wish theyd add an option to automatically add any player you drafted to your ps as a rookie bypassing waivers

Make those late round picks worth something

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »
Clearly Idzik had an inside man and knew all about this during the draft

I just wish theyd add an option to automatically add any player you drafted to your ps as a rookie bypassing waivers

Make those late round picks worth something

In all seriousness who is the last late round draft pick we cut hoping to put on the PS that got taken from us? The only guy I can even think of is Terrance Ganaway who St. Louis snatched up.

Also they will never do that, refusing to allow a guy the option of being on an active roster, and go from making tens of thousands of dollars as a PS guy to like 500k a year on the active roster.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:06:31 PM »
In all seriousness who is the last late round draft pick we cut hoping to put on the PS that got taken from us? The only guy I can even think of is Terrance Ganaway who St. Louis snatched up.

Also they will never do that, refusing to allow a guy the option of being on an active roster, and go from making tens of thousands of dollars as a PS guy to like 500k a year on the active roster.

Make it so you can stash him on the practice squad and give him the full rookie contract salary then.

Theres no reason you shouldnt be able to draft a guy and be able to stash him on your PS for one single season.

And to be fair we had Tanny as our GM, so he traded away/drafted Sanchez's friends with most of our late round picks

Got a feeling the latest guy for that to happen to will be different in about 3 weeks

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 05:59:53 AM »
Make it so you can stash him on the practice squad and give him the full rookie contract salary then.

Theres no reason you shouldnt be able to draft a guy and be able to stash him on your PS for one single season.

And to be fair we had Tanny as our GM, so he traded away/drafted Sanchez's friends with most of our late round picks

Got a feeling the latest guy for that to happen to will be different in about 3 weeks

To be honest I'm not so sure, our rookies haven't exactly been playing well in the preseason.

Pryor and Amaro will definitely make the team. McDougal and Evans are probably about to be IR'd. Saunders (assuming he's ok) and Dozier would get claimed by somebody simply based off draft position and potential. Jeremiah George and Brandon Dixon are project picks unlikely to stick anywhere yet, Enunwa hasn't shown anything outside of one practice, the Penguin would almost certainly get claimed (but I think he's nearly a lock to make the squad) and Trevor Rielly was a 7th rounder for a reason.

And frankly, they won't ever do what you are suggesting, because it means a kid who could be contributing for the Raiders on the field is relegated to the Jets practice Squad. The NFL wants it's best people on the field. However I do like the idea of having the PS guys actually making some real money
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 08:38:04 AM »
it's McDougle
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »
McDuggal is going to IR anyhow.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 08:53:54 AM »
McDuggal is going to IR anyhow.

It's Mackdoogul
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 09:06:23 AM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 01:53:44 PM »
stash Dixon and Ras I dowling and sign a veteran
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 08:43:16 PM »
Didn't know this.  Dick Cimini:

The new practice-squad rules, announced Tuesday by the NFL, could have an impact on the Jets' quarterback depth chart. Under the new rules, Matt Simms (active for 16 games last season) is practice-squad eligible. Previously, a player who had earned one or more accrued seasons wouldn't have been eligible unless the player spent fewer than nine games on a club’s 46-player active list in each of his accrued seasons. Now, the Jets might be more apt to keep only two quarterbacks, knowing they could re-sign Simms to the practice squad, assuming he clears waivers. Ryan said he's not married to keeping three quarterbacks on the 53-man roster.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »
If we could put Simms on the PS and keep an extra safety or something I think that would be pretty awesome

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:54 PM »
If we could put Simms on the PS and keep an extra safety or something I think that would be pretty awesome

Yep.  Frankly, if we are down to Matt Simms at QB at any point this year, our chances of winning aren't good (barring some 1-2 game hold the fort scenario).  Plenty of teams have kept only 2 QBs active.

Tags: