Author Topic: NFL equipment  (Read 1118 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
NFL equipment
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:54:14 AM »
2 random equipment questions:

1) Vick wears a tinted helmet visor, which seems to shield others from seeing his eyes.  It seems that would be of great benefit so the defense couldn't see where you are looking with your eyes, but I don't think many QBs have it.  Why is that?

2) Does anyone think that the better, perhaps longer cleats of today contribute to the increase in ACL and achilles injuries?  Sometimes falling on your derriere might be better than getting traction and tearing a ligament.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: NFL equipment
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 11:08:39 AM »
Some QBs might be worried about a visor impairing their vision.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:38:06 AM »

2) Does anyone think that the better, perhaps longer cleats of today contribute to the increase in ACL and achilles injuries?  Sometimes falling on your derriere might be better than getting traction and tearing a ligament.

My experience from playing soccer and rugby is that longer cleats are less of an issue than shorter, wider ones. Back in the day when boots came with interchangeable screw in studs, we used to use fat stubby cleats on wet and muddy fields - they gave a lot more traction on a soft surface. They also caused a lot of problems with knees and ankles when you turned suddenly and your foot stayed planted.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 12:02:48 PM »
I could have sworn Cromartie wore bowling shoes last year, the way he was sliding all over the place.

Tags: