Author Topic: MMA Thread  (Read 54104 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: MMA Thread
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »
Idk about Izzy tonight. Worried about the weight difference. Think the polish hammer is too big and has too much power for a guy moving up a weight division. I hope I’m wrong.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2021, 11:09:22 PM »
Wowwww...

I feel terrible for Sterling. I can't believe he was winning on a judges scorecard, but he's tougher then freak and deserved better then the spot he was put in.

Roll it back. Not much else you can do.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 11:31:50 PM by mj2sexay »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2021, 11:12:34 PM »
Idk about Izzy tonight. Worried about the weight difference. Think the polish hammer is too big and has too much power for a guy moving up a weight division. I hope I’m wrong.

I still think Israel pulls it out, but following this note, I cannot believe the sweet dart-throw value that is Jan at +220.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2021, 12:24:19 AM »
LOL Cormier asking all the hard questions and I love it because I thought Izzy and Jan were were wayyyy closer going into the 5th.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2021, 04:05:21 PM »
nunes should just start fighting dudes, theres clearly no woman who can take the heat and its boring to watch now.

yan is an idiot, but his stans defending him are even worst. i cant wait for the rematch, aljo should have the jitters gone and have a better game plan. should be a better fight all around.

izzy was just too small for jan, jan probly weighed 40+lbs more than izzy last night
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 04:54:05 PM by IATA »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2021, 06:04:33 PM »
nunes should just start fighting dudes, theres clearly no woman who can take the heat and its boring to watch now.

yan is an idiot, but his stans defending him are even worst. i cant wait for the rematch, aljo should have the jitters gone and have a better game plan. should be a better fight all around.

izzy was just too small for jan, jan probly weighed 40+lbs more than izzy last night

aljo was way too tense/nervous and all over the place that match lmao. it was an entertaining watch, but you could tell he had a bunch of nerves. i think it'll bode well for him during the rematch and like you said, he should be able to regroup nicely.

i think adesanya actually would have pulled that match off by decision had jan not laid on top of him for 5+ minutes the last 2 rounds. jan was just so much bigger than him.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #276 on: March 08, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »

Agree with all of this, they're going to have to continue to manufacture cards where Nunes is the semi-main event (unless they can come up with a catchweight for her to fight Valentina) because her dominance had destroyed any semblance of competition or suspense. She's honestly like Tyson was in the late 80's.

aljo was way too tense/nervous and all over the place that match lmao. it was an entertaining watch, but you could tell he had a bunch of nerves. i think it'll bode well for him during the rematch and like you said, he should be able to regroup nicely.

i think adesanya actually would have pulled that match off by decision had jan not laid on top of him for 5+ minutes the last 2 rounds. jan was just so much bigger than him.

Aljo came out suuuper wild, I was hoping the initial takedown in the first would settle him down but they went right back to their feet.

I think Jan's corner got to him after the third and said that if the fight kept going the way it was going, Israel would win by decision by just staying on the outside and picking him apart. It makes no sense for Jan not to use that size to wear the smaller guy down and put his weight on him to control the fight/gas Israel out.

It was the only fight for Israel to take at the time, and even now he's pretty much stuck waiting on the winner of a fight between two guys he thoroughly pimped out when he fought them in Whittaker and Costa. Who knows though, maybe Paolo is able to lay off the wine if he's able to get another shot.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2021, 07:42:17 PM »
I don't watch UFC much, so I was embarrassed to see an English bloke fighting tonight who goes by the name of Darren The Dentist. Pretty sure I wouldn't want to get in the way of his right hand, but his marketing game is weak.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2021, 01:58:48 AM »
I don't watch UFC much, so I was embarrassed to see an English bloke fighting tonight who goes by the name of Darren The Dentist. Pretty sure I wouldn't want to get in the way of his right hand, but his marketing game is weak.
Took an illegal shot tonight from Eryk Anders, a former Alabama football player under Nick Saban.

He's basically a middling middleweight.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2021, 10:36:11 AM »
ufc is doing everything they can rn to act like finger pokes arent a big deal and that they shouldnt do the bare minimum and change to curved gloves.

dc was hilarious "that was brutal, and i know a thing or 2 about eyepokes"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2021, 12:14:34 PM »
Took an illegal shot tonight from Eryk Anders, a former Alabama football player under Nick Saban.

He's basically a middling middleweight.

Yeah, I saw it. I'm not a big fan but I'll sometimes put the Saturday night card on if I'm doing something else. He got lucky that Anders did that because he was in trouble.

The Canadian dude getting knocked out with the first punch of the fight was hilarious.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #281 on: March 18, 2021, 09:57:47 AM »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #282 on: March 18, 2021, 10:02:39 AM »
That whole thread is gold lmao

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #283 on: March 19, 2021, 01:01:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/conofcombat/status/1372637575731675138?s=21

freaking hilarious, this dude would freak with your head so much if you were in the cage with him

“If you’ve never heard of him:
Kevin Holland
5-0 in 2020
Fights this Saturday
TUNE IN”

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #284 on: March 19, 2021, 01:29:03 PM »
Really fun rewatching the end of the Jacare fight now that I know what he was saying.
https://youtu.be/BtoWgsAOU-c?t=94