Author Topic: #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 354158 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: #BlackLivesMatter
« Reply #3045 on: July 16, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »
I don't even need a cudgel to defend police just like I don't need one to say we should tax the rich more, these are slam dunks.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3046 on: July 16, 2020, 01:43:07 PM »
Cops murdering citizens is cool as long as they did anything wrong in their past. Then it is justified.

I'm not saying it's justified at all. I just don't think it's fair to say there's some hypocrisy in using an event to forward a cause, but ignore another

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3047 on: July 16, 2020, 02:23:36 PM »
I'm not saying it's justified at all. I just don't think it's fair to say there's some hypocrisy in using an event to forward a cause, but ignore another
One matters in the court of law, one matters in the opinion of idiots

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3048 on: July 16, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »
One matters in the court of law, one matters in the opinion of idiots

No comprende

delavan

• Shaun Ellis

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3050 on: July 16, 2020, 03:20:12 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3051 on: July 16, 2020, 03:20:43 PM »
Whoops - nice going AA

https://www.businessinsider.com/american-airlines-black-social-worker-lawsuit-kidnapping-white-toddler-2020-7

I feel like I want to know more about AA and other airlines' SOP in this kind of situation, because if there's any suggestion that a child is being transported across state lines without authority then I think I want the airline to take that very seriously regardless of the skin colour of anyone involved. My gut says that the foul here lies with the passenger making unfair and ungrounded accusations that may well have been grounded in race, but once those accusations have been made the airline can't really put itself in the position of dismissing them without investigation.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3052 on: July 16, 2020, 03:55:44 PM »
Whoops - nice going AA

https://www.businessinsider.com/american-airlines-black-social-worker-lawsuit-kidnapping-white-toddler-2020-7

Did you read the same article I did?

A person told airline personnel for whatever reason they thought a child was kidnapped based upon a story that was recently in the news.

The airline followed its protocols investigating the claim checking out documentation etc.

After about 40 minutes everything checked out, the woman was allowed back on the fight with an apology.

And then women sues airlines for trauma therapy nightmares

"would not have suffered the mental, physical and psychological harm flight personnel inflicted upon her."

I'm sorry but the biggest problem here is this frivolous bullshit is allowed in the United States.

I understand that it's unfortunate that the woman had to get delayed 40 minutes. But if a person even stupidly thinks a child is kidnapped snd there are unusual circumstances (ie a baby with a person who flagrantly isn't their child) it's not unreasonable for the airline to take proper safety measures. Especially considering that this is a social worker with a random child, so it's surely likely they don't have a normal comfort zone you'd normally see with a young child and a guardian.

Was the woman beaten? Locked in a room? Unable to eat drink or pee? Was racially flagrant language used? None of these things are mentioned anywhere.

But it's OK someone hurt her feelings, so she should sue for hundreds of thousands of dollars

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3053 on: July 16, 2020, 04:30:10 PM »
Did you read the same article I did?

A person told airline personnel for whatever reason they thought a child was kidnapped based upon a story that was recently in the news.

The airline followed its protocols investigating the claim checking out documentation etc.

After about 40 minutes everything checked out, the woman was allowed back on the fight with an apology.

And then women sues airlines for trauma therapy nightmares

"would not have suffered the mental, physical and psychological harm flight personnel inflicted upon her."

I'm sorry but the biggest problem here is this frivolous bullshit is allowed in the United States.

I understand that it's unfortunate that the woman had to get delayed 40 minutes. But if a person even stupidly thinks a child is kidnapped snd there are unusual circumstances (ie a baby with a person who flagrantly isn't their child) it's not unreasonable for the airline to take proper safety measures. Especially considering that this is a social worker with a random child, so it's surely likely they don't have a normal comfort zone you'd normally see with a young child and a guardian.

Was the woman beaten? Locked in a room? Unable to eat drink or pee? Was racially flagrant language used? None of these things are mentioned anywhere.

But it's OK someone hurt her feelings, so she should sue for hundreds of thousands of dollars

I feel like you have to make a very specific and conscious effort to find the wrong side of an argument as often as you do. Like, it can't be an accident. Even when you're close to making sense you always find a way to make us go "wait, what the freak?"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3054 on: July 16, 2020, 04:41:59 PM »
I feel like you have to make a very specific and conscious effort to find the wrong side of an argument as often as you do. Like, it can't be an accident. Even when you're close to making sense you always find a way to make us go "wait, what the freak?"

So you think it's reasonable for her to sue the airlines for this immensely traumatic experience of having security confirm that she wasn't kidnapping a child that a passenger accused her of?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3055 on: July 16, 2020, 04:43:38 PM »
dcm internally fights between devil's advocate and contrarian on a daily basis.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3056 on: July 16, 2020, 04:45:58 PM »
dcm internally fights between devil's advocate and contrarian on a daily basis.

I do not!

Oh

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3057 on: July 16, 2020, 04:46:47 PM »
dcm, stalwart tort reform warrior

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3058 on: July 16, 2020, 04:56:15 PM »
So you think it's reasonable for her to sue the airlines for this immensely traumatic experience of having security confirm that she wasn't kidnapping a child that a passenger accused her of?

Did you read my previous post on this topic?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3059 on: July 16, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »
Did you read my previous post on this topic?

Yes I'm aware that your thoughts were in some semblance relatable to my own, at least in spirit.

That's why I'm unsure in what regards you were referring to the wrong side of the argument