Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156200 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #1125 on: January 19, 2020, 10:01:00 AM »
now all the cowboy offensive secrets will be unleashed, oh no

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1126 on: January 19, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »
Not a bad hire. Probably the most qualified candidate available. I’m not sure how much credit he gets for Dak’s development so he could be good for Daniel Jones.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1127 on: January 19, 2020, 07:58:46 PM »
Not bad to have a seasoned head coach around to help you learn the ropes. Like how to clap enthusiastically when your offense comes off the field after a 3 and out.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1128 on: January 20, 2020, 07:45:45 PM »
Giants making moves

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the Giants will interview former Dolphins OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo for the same position.
DeGuglielmo previously served as an assistant OL and quality control coach for the Giants from 2004-08. The 51-year-old has history with Giants coach Joe Judge, who worked with DeGuglielmo when both were assistants under Bill Belichick in New England from 2014-15. DeGuglielmo spent last year as the Dolphins' OL coach but was let go shortly after Week 17.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1129 on: January 20, 2020, 09:16:44 PM »
I can't wait for the horrible confusion thst is going to be caused by Judge's team struggling and the fanbase calling for Garrett to take over HC duties.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1130 on: January 22, 2020, 01:19:18 AM »
Former Browns coach Freddie Kitchens is expected to be hired by the Giants.
It's unclear what his defined role will be, but it will presumably be as a positional coach under OC Jason Garrett. Kitchens and coach Joe Judge have worked together previously at Mississippi State and Kitchens' experience as an NFL head coach is likely viewed as a big plus for Judge, who is making a big leap into head coaching. Kitchens hasn't been considered for notable jobs since his Cleveland firing, so it's likely that the two parties come to an agreement soon. Judge, Garrett, and Kitchens all being on the same coaching staff is a treat for us all

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1131 on: January 22, 2020, 06:45:53 AM »
It's funny for a new coach they sure are surrounding him with some other failed coaches. I wonder if Kotite is in their rolodex. Mara probably got that old stooge Casserly on the phone.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1132 on: January 22, 2020, 09:59:18 AM »
It's funny for a new coach they sure are surrounding him with some other failed coaches. I wonder if Kotite is in their rolodex. Mara probably got that old stooge Casserly on the phone.
Failed head coaches.  That's an important distinction.  They are surrounding the rookie head coach with coaches who have experience at higher levels and proven success at their positional levels.  Its a smart strategy that has worked well in LA and GB

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1133 on: January 22, 2020, 10:52:12 AM »
Failed head coaches.  That's an important distinction.  They are surrounding the rookie head coach with coaches who have experience at higher levels and proven success at their positional levels.  Its a smart strategy that has worked well in LA and GB

"Failed" is also a blanket statement. Garrett had some good years in Dallas.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1134 on: January 22, 2020, 02:58:46 PM »

Garrett I think is a decent move (thoguh his effectiveness as an OC is highly suspect)

Kitchens is not someone I'd want around. And Guge didn't exactly have success

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1135 on: January 22, 2020, 03:17:50 PM »
Yeah, I'm sorry, Steven A. Smith hating on this hire literally because of Garrett's skin color as opposed to any substantive reasoning regarding his playcalling, development of qb's or lack thereof is ridiculous.

Can someone tell this uninformed poopchute that the Giants defensive coordinator is black.

This focus on racial identity is societal cancer.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1136 on: January 22, 2020, 03:48:19 PM »

This focus on racial identity is societal cancer.

We had largely gotten away from it for a long time, like decades. The last ten years or so it's gotten way worse and doesn't help anything.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1137 on: January 22, 2020, 03:53:49 PM »
We had largely gotten away from it for a long time, like decades. The last ten years or so it's gotten way worse and doesn't help anything.
I mean that tends to happen when the first black president gets elected and a large segment of the country gets upset

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1138 on: January 22, 2020, 03:57:48 PM »
I mean that tends to happen when the first black president gets elected and a large segment of the country gets upset

Spoiler alert

A large segment of the country gets upset everytime a president gets elected.

While no doubts race came into play with Obama. There's no way you can say more people were upset when he got elected than when Bush or Trump were.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1139 on: January 22, 2020, 04:02:02 PM »
Spoiler alert

A large segment of the country gets upset everytime a president gets elected.

While no doubts race came into play with Obama. There's no way you can say more people were upset when he got elected than when Bush or Trump were.

Agreed. If people were that upset because of his race, Obama wouldn't have been elected. He saw political capital in being a victim of racism and he played that card his whole time, which didn't help anything. Considering he is half white and half black, I was hoping he would be a much more unifying cultural figure than he turned out to be, politics aside.

Tags: