Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156199 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #930 on: October 08, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
Apparently they're planning to trade or cut Flowers in the next few days. I'd honestly give them a 7th round pick just to see if we could do something with him, we're desperately short of talent on the OL and he was a first round pick for a reason.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #931 on: October 08, 2018, 05:31:36 PM »
Apparently they're planning to trade or cut Flowers in the next few days. I'd honestly give them a 7th round pick just to see if we could do something with him, we're desperately short of talent on the OL and he was a first round pick for a reason.

Dudes gonna cut. Question is whether he will clear waivers or not. Unless a team lost a starting tackle to an extended injury, I don't see why a team would even a 7th for him and pay him the close to 2 million he's owed this year.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #932 on: October 08, 2018, 05:33:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/yahoosports/status/1049306416673116160?s=21

That's basically how half these announcers sound when Tom Brady is on the field

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #933 on: October 08, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
Dudes gonna cut. Question is whether he will clear waivers or not. Unless a team lost a starting tackle to an extended injury, I don't see why a team would even a 7th for him and pay him the close to 2 million he's owed this year.

Because $2M is freak all if you manage to turn him into even a serviceable swing tackle, and the 7th because there are teams ahead of us in the waiver order who might have interest.

inb4 Alio turns up to tell me how the Giants will never trade with the Jets or something.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #934 on: October 08, 2018, 06:36:27 PM »
He is absolute excrement. I’d rather bring back Wayne Hunter.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #935 on: October 08, 2018, 06:43:42 PM »
He is absolute excrement. I’d rather bring back Wayne Hunter.

No one is as bad as Ben Ijalana. But never mind that, did you find your dog?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #936 on: October 08, 2018, 07:42:38 PM »
Because $2M is freak all if you manage to turn him into even a serviceable swing tackle, and the 7th because there are teams ahead of us in the waiver order who might have interest.

inb4 Alio turns up to tell me how the Giants will never trade with the Jets or something.

I understand that

But the dude is an absolute trainwreck in the final year of his rookie contract.

Getting a guy like that midseason, I dont really know what you can do with him. Unless youre absolutely desperate plagued by injuries thats a different story. If he had one more year on his rookie deal, I can at least understand the logic in trading for him, with hopes that he can be a stop gap this year and develop some semblance of competence in the off-season.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #937 on: October 08, 2018, 07:44:11 PM »
Sign this beast

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #938 on: October 08, 2018, 08:02:33 PM »
Gano lo Gano

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #939 on: October 09, 2018, 03:51:42 AM »
No one is as bad as Ben Ijalana. But never mind that, did you find your dog?
Long story, short...no

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #940 on: October 09, 2018, 10:20:29 AM »

@RapSheet
2 minutes ago

The #Giants announced they are placing OT Ereck Flowers, former first-round pick, on waivers.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #941 on: October 09, 2018, 10:32:22 AM »
@RapSheet
2 minutes ago

The #Giants announced they are placing OT Ereck Flowers, former first-round pick, on waivers.

I think it's hilarious that the Giants passed on Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon for this guy.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #942 on: October 09, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure I never said anything like that.

Not wanting to trade their draft pick in the draft that could net them a player like Darnold is quite different from trading a player they don't want for a pick that could be useful later.

And in hindsight, I'd have been right about the draft. Could you imagine Giants fans right now, had the Giants traded down to allow the Jets to pick Darnold in their spot? All those fans would be screaming that they should have taken Darnold (and they were to begin with anyway) and that they gave him away to the Jets. And there's no way the papers wouldn't be eviscerating them right now.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #943 on: October 09, 2018, 01:36:46 PM »
As for Flowers, if I were Maccagnan, I'd claim him off waivers. He's not going to take Beachum's job, but he could be an upgrade on the right.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #944 on: October 09, 2018, 01:37:43 PM »
And in hindsight, I'd have been right about the draft. Could you imagine Giants fans right now, had the Giants traded down to allow the Jets to pick Darnold in their spot? All those fans would be screaming that they should have taken Darnold (and they were to begin with anyway) and that they gave him away to the Jets. And there's no way the papers wouldn't be eviscerating them right now.

As far as I can tell, the fans are currently screaming that they should have taken Darnold and that they gave him away to the Jets. In my scenario, they'd have had an extra pick as well. In fact, given how the draft panned out my suggestion would have been exactly the right thing for them to do, given they took Barkley anyway.

Tags: