Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156195 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #840 on: April 27, 2018, 10:51:09 PM »
I still don't give a excrement about anything the Giants do.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #841 on: April 27, 2018, 10:52:07 PM »
The will Hernandez and Lorenzo Carter picks gave me a little draft envy.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #842 on: April 27, 2018, 11:10:31 PM »

I was reading an article about how Barkley and Darnold will be linked forever because it's the Giants and jets.

In my eyes, the only way Barkley isn't good is if he is unhealthy. If both go on to HOF careers, the Giants didn't make a bad pick.

I just don't get it
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #843 on: April 27, 2018, 11:17:45 PM »
I was reading an article about how Barkley and Darnold will be linked forever because it's the Giants and jets.

In my eyes, the only way Barkley isn't good is if he is unhealthy. If both go on to HOF careers, the Giants didn't make a bad pick.

I just don't get it

This line of thinking was why I was looking at top ten rushers for different franchises. A healthy Barkley is automatically going to be at least the 2nd all time for them, and 1st (Tiki) is attainable.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #844 on: April 28, 2018, 12:10:33 AM »

I just don't get it

It has nothing to do with being good and bad, just the nature of running back and the nfl today.

I think I read that because of the way salarys work in the nfl Barkley would be something like the 3rd or 4th highest paid running back, while Darnold would be like the 28th highest paid QB or something to that effect. Not to mention the shelf life of a running back is less than that of other skill positions.

There's no question Barkley has elite potential and has a great chance of being an incredible player. It's just the value of the pick that comes into reason. Superb prospect, mediocre value

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #845 on: April 28, 2018, 12:42:16 AM »
The Gettlemen complaints seem like media generated bullshit. Barkley was a top 5 prospect and if they valued him there then there was no reason to entertain a trade.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #846 on: April 28, 2018, 08:58:46 AM »
Hilarious if Eli finally gets injured, Davis Webb shits the bed and their fanbase melts down over missing Darnold.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #847 on: April 28, 2018, 12:21:08 PM »
The Gettlemen complaints seem like media generated bullshit. Barkley was a top 5 prospect and if they valued him there then there was no reason to entertain a trade.

That's a rerrible business mentality and completely wrong

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #848 on: April 28, 2018, 01:06:42 PM »
That's a rerrible business mentality and completely wrong

nah i think cato is right. plus it sounds like they entertained trades anyways and there was nothing that they offered that they valued more than they did saquon.

still not sure you draft saquon over darnold, but when it comes to drafting saquon vs trading out, the media is just overblowing the hell out of it

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #849 on: April 28, 2018, 04:43:25 PM »
I think they've had a good draft... It all comes down to how Darnold plays though. If he becomes a FQB and they spend 10 years trying to find a QB like most teams do, then it obviously is a terrible decision, even if Barkley is the next Ladanian Tomlinson. Hernandez, Carter and Lauletta were solid picks.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #850 on: April 28, 2018, 04:59:35 PM »

It’s easy for someone like you or me because we don’t have to listen to local media or be around Giants fans constantly. Anyone who lives in the tri state area can’t avoid it, particularly (sports) annoying friends who are Giants fans

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #851 on: April 28, 2018, 05:03:45 PM »
It’s easy for someone like you or me because we don’t have to listen to local media or be around Giants fans constantly. Anyone who lives in the tri state area can’t avoid it, particularly (sports) annoying friends who are Giants fans

QFT
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #852 on: April 28, 2018, 06:53:43 PM »
I normally detest the Giants and Giants fans. But now they don't bother me, maybe I'll even watch a couple Giants games this year just to see what Beckham and Barkley can accomplish. I think Eli is going to be mediocre at best for what remains of his career , and the rest of that team isn't good enough to worry about. Until the Giants have a QB they're not a rival, they're just another New York team.

More importantly is whether Darnold can make the Jets relevant or not, if we have a QB and the Giants don't they simply don't matter.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #853 on: April 29, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »

This is true. That said, I was thrilled when they drafted the RB and it's a good fit for them.

If Darnold goes on to a great run with us it will be a fun footnote that the Giants passed on him.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #854 on: April 29, 2018, 10:04:33 PM »

I can agree with this.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: