Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156196 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #825 on: April 27, 2018, 11:20:20 AM »
Damon Amendolara

Wow. Giants GM Gettleman openly admits he didn’t even listen to offers for #2 pick once Mayfield went #1. That’s embarrassing, and the arrogance that made him unpopular to many Panthers players.

#Giants GM Gettleman: "Once #Browns took Baker, I told our guys 'Don't even waste your time. We're taking Saquon and we're going to run.' He didn't even want to listen to offers once #NFLDraft started!

Jimmy Kempski

I just watched Gettleman's and Shurmur's Saquon Barkley presser. Highlight for me was Gettleman mimicking an analytics nerd by typing on an imaginary keyboard, while a half-awake Shurmur watches his fingers. Good luck, Giants fans.

Looks like Francesa is running the Giants.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:24:08 AM by bojanglesman »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #826 on: April 27, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »
Gettleman was a gift from the football gods for jets fans.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #827 on: April 27, 2018, 11:28:24 AM »
Tom Rock

@TomRock_Newsday
Add this to Dave Gettleman's Greatest Hits:

"People call you and they want the second pick of the draft for a bag of  donuts, a hot pretzel and a hot dog. Leave me alone. I don’t have time to screw around."

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #828 on: April 27, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »
I can't believe the Giants took a running back 2nd overall in 2018. I hope Gettelman keeps his job forever.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #829 on: April 27, 2018, 11:38:44 AM »
I can't believe the Giants took a running back 2nd overall in 2018. I hope Gettelman keeps his job forever.

He's getting killed online over his behavior at their presser.  This is hilarious.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #830 on: April 27, 2018, 11:39:23 AM »
He's getting killed online over his behavior at their presser.  This is hilarious.

Are we sure he isn't Francesa's twin?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #831 on: April 27, 2018, 11:40:16 AM »
Are we sure he isn't Francesa's twin?

I didn't think the Giants could find a bigger curmudgeon to hire than Tom Coughlin....kudos to the Maras.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #832 on: April 27, 2018, 11:42:09 AM »
Weah takin Seeqwaahhn, don't even tuhn on da phone.  Mink wit da flash.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #833 on: April 27, 2018, 04:35:41 PM »

Looks like Francesa is running the Giants.

They have listened to trade offers for months. If nobody ever came close to giving them something that would get them to move, why would they listen on draft day? That's an idiotic reason to hold against him.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #834 on: April 27, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »
They have listened to trade offers for months. If nobody ever came close to giving them something that would get them to move, why would they listen on draft day? That's an idiotic reason to hold against him.

For months Darnold was expected to go first overall.

If you have the second pick in the draft, and the expected best QB in the draft doesn't go first overall, doesn't the value of your pick significantly increase?

I would surely think so.

Or put differently if we hadn't traded for the 3rd pick from the Colts until the day if the draft. Wouldn't you be willing to have given up more for the 3rd pick once Darnold was actually available, instead of when you thought you might be getting the 2nd or 3rd best QB? The Browns taking Mayfield changed everything

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #835 on: April 27, 2018, 04:52:04 PM »

Because you never know.  How hard is it to pick up the phone and listen for 1 minute?  You can say no thanks and move on.  People get jumpy at the last second and might make a surprising offer.  I'm quite sure none of the offers were what he would have taken, but why not listen and make sure?

I don't think it's idiotic not to trade the pick, I think it's idiotic not to listen to offers.  What the freak else was he doing in that war room?  Picking his nose?  He already had his pick decided, he was doing nothing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:54:03 PM by bojanglesman »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #836 on: April 27, 2018, 05:10:58 PM »
For months Darnold was expected to go first overall.

If you have the second pick in the draft, and the expected best QB in the draft doesn't go first overall, doesn't the value of your pick significantly increase?

I would surely think so.

Or put differently if we hadn't traded for the 3rd pick from the Colts until the day if the draft. Wouldn't you be willing to have given up more for the 3rd pick once Darnold was actually available, instead of when you thought you might be getting the 2nd or 3rd best QB? The Browns taking Mayfield changed everything

Honestly, it sounds like the Browns weren't that into Darnold, ever. The Allen rumors a while back, and now of course the fact Baker was the guy, and it was significantly rumored for 2-3 days. I have to believe teams were calling and saying if Sam is there, we will give you this...

Also, if Gettleman had decided he has a future HOF player (which he apparently does) in Barkley in his lap, you need literally the world to change his mind.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #837 on: April 27, 2018, 05:34:47 PM »
Honestly, it sounds like the Browns weren't that into Darnold, ever. The Allen rumors a while back, and now of course the fact Baker was the guy, and it was significantly rumored for 2-3 days. I have to believe teams were calling and saying if Sam is there, we will give you this...

Also, if Gettleman had decided he has a future HOF player (which he apparently does) in Barkley in his lap, you need literally the world to change his mind.

Teams offer the world for franchise QBs.

You at least listen. He could have gotten an offer and used it as leverage to force the Jets to trade up from 3 to 2 to land Darnold and still got his guy. Would it have been difficult to pull off sure, but I'd rather a GM who trys that rather then act like it's beneath him and a waste of time

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #838 on: April 27, 2018, 10:35:50 PM »
As much as it hurts to say, the Giants drafted really well today.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #839 on: April 27, 2018, 10:40:04 PM »
As much as it hurts to say, the Giants drafted really well today.

Don't mean excrement without a quarterback

Tags: