Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156192 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #810 on: March 28, 2018, 01:27:54 PM »
It's got to be the Rams, right? They have money ($30MM) and they seem to be all-in on this coming season.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #811 on: March 28, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »
It's got to be the Rams, right? They have money ($30MM) and they seem to be all-in on this coming season.

30M is fine for now, but they are going to have to pay quite a few players on that team in the next couple of years.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #812 on: March 28, 2018, 01:57:31 PM »
30M is fine for now, but they are going to have to pay quite a few players on that team in the next couple of years.

That's why I mentioned they seem to be all-in this coming season. If they're just looking for a short-term boost to the team, then it's a move that can help push them along in January 2019.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #813 on: March 28, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
Right now @AdamSchefter reports the NYG are open to trading OBJ. He is in play. More now

Just now on NFL Live, @AdamSchefter just predicted that Odell Beckham Jr WILL be traded for a 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick.

We need to be rooting against this. If it happens, that all but assures the Giants go QB at 2 and our dreams of Rosen pretty much dies.
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #814 on: March 28, 2018, 02:05:29 PM »
We need to be rooting against this. If it happens, that all but assures the Giants go QB at 2 and our dreams of Rosen pretty much dies.

Or, it increases their need for a weapon to give Eli and cements their desire to stand at #2 and draft Barkley.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #815 on: March 28, 2018, 02:08:41 PM »
Or, it increases their need for a weapon to give Eli and cements their desire to stand at #2 and draft Barkley.

I said it the other day, and I stand by it. If the Giants trade Beckham, they're in full-on rebuild mode and they're taking a QB or trading down for a shitton of picks. I agree with Libero, it's the worst-case scenario for the Jets.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #816 on: March 28, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »

Why would they draft a rookie QB, having just taken away his best weapon?  If anything, they'd prefer a seasoned veteran (Eli) to deal with it.  If you are drafting a rookie, you want to surround him with talent to help him out, not throw him out there on a team with no skill players. 

Then again, this probably has zero to do with the draft and more to do with OBJ being a pain in the derriere beyond his talent.  Even if the Giants draft a QB, he isn't playing this year, so OBJ being traded would have no bearing.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:11:40 PM by bojanglesman »

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #817 on: March 28, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »
Do we even want Rosen? I'm still worried about the concussion issue.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #818 on: March 28, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »
Do we even want Rosen? I'm still worried about the concussion issue.

If you believe what the beat writers are peddling today, Bowles let it slip that he wants Mayfield.

Personally, I think the Jets are dead-set on taking the best player they feel will lead them to the Super Bowl.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #819 on: March 28, 2018, 03:01:45 PM »
Why would they draft a rookie QB, having just taken away his best weapon?  If anything, they'd prefer a seasoned veteran (Eli) to deal with it.  If you are drafting a rookie, you want to surround him with talent to help him out, not throw him out there on a team with no skill players. 

Then again, this probably has zero to do with the draft and more to do with OBJ being a pain in the derriere beyond his talent.  Even if the Giants draft a QB, he isn't playing this year, so OBJ being traded would have no bearing.

IN my eyes it signifies they have decided they aren't competing for a title in the next 24-36 months, and as such are turning towards the future. 1 first rounder will be a playmaker to replace Beckham, and 1 will be a QB to be the future. You tell me where they are more likely to get a better QB prospect, but I'd wager its at 2 than anywhere else on the board.

I'd say they only deal OBJ if they feel they get an offer they can't refuse that leads to a jump started rebuild, AND they see a QB they really like.

In my eyes an OBJ trade signifies that we are officially choosing between Mayfield and Allen.
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #820 on: March 28, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »
If you believe what the beat writers are peddling today, Bowles let it slip that he wants Mayfield.

This is why I pay no attention to any rumors or articles right now. Anything Bowles said to reveal anything is either a smoke screen at this point or he's a complete idiot who shouldn't be allowed to talk to the media. 

So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #821 on: March 28, 2018, 04:02:40 PM »
This is why I pay no attention to any rumors or articles right now. Anything Bowles said to reveal anything is either a smoke screen at this point or he's a complete idiot who shouldn't be allowed to talk to the media. 

Honestly, he didn't even say anything about Mayfield. He listed qualities that he wants in a QB (leadership, intelligence, etc.) and the writers ran with it, saying it "sounds like" he was talking about Mayfield.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #822 on: April 19, 2018, 02:16:47 PM »
Giants releasing Brandon Marshall today.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #823 on: April 19, 2018, 02:18:24 PM »
Giants releasing Brandon Marshall today.

makin' room for Dez
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #824 on: April 19, 2018, 02:19:09 PM »
makin' room for Dez

I'd rather have Marshall, but I'll always love him for 2015.

Tags: