Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156191 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #795 on: March 28, 2018, 07:34:16 AM »
That's bullshit, no way that's true.
They could easily get obj in a trade with just one first-rounder and some other pick why would they offer way above and beyond what it would take to get him?

Unless of course the Giants said he's not on the table unless you blow us away. Which I'm sure they did.

But let's be honest, there is no way that deal is on the table, and if it is, there isn't any way the Giants wouldn't take it.
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #796 on: March 28, 2018, 07:43:15 AM »
@CarlBanksGIII:I've been told by a source that a team  is willing to offer their next 3yrs of 1st rounders a 2nd 3rd  this year for OBJ. Will the #NYG pull the trigger

@CarlBanksGIII:A second source has just confirm the Trade offer to the #nyg For OBJ.. they are  on the clock they have until 4pm est tomorrow to accept

hahahahahaha
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #797 on: March 28, 2018, 07:58:40 AM »
hahahahahaha

Does Carl know IncarceratedBob?

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #798 on: March 28, 2018, 09:16:39 AM »
not only that, OBJ is coming off a substantial injury that may have lingering effects on his ability when he gets back, nobody knows what he'll be like when he gets back. plus all of the money he wants to sign to be the richest person in the world, as a WR dependent on QB play. plus his value is lower right now because the giants basically said theyre open to dealing him because of his attitude issues. then throw in the actual attitude issues and the possible drug use itself.

i honestly don't even think the giants would get a 1st for OBJ, even if that's what they're asking for. would you trade a 1st round pick for all of that mess/uncertainty?

that trade scenario is absolute twitter bullshit

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #799 on: March 28, 2018, 09:23:11 AM »
i honestly don't even think the giants would get a 1st for OBJ, even if that's what they're asking for. would you trade a 1st round pick for all of that mess/uncertainty?

Depends. If I was a GM of a team that was picking in the lower half of the first round, and if I was already pretty close to contending, I'd probably consider it because that kind of talent is a rare thing.

I certainly wouldn't give up three firsts though.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #800 on: March 28, 2018, 10:08:56 AM »
Depends. If I was a GM of a team that was picking in the lower half of the first round, and if I was already pretty close to contending, I'd probably consider it because that kind of talent is a rare thing.

I certainly wouldn't give up three firsts though.

i kind of feel bad for odell. IMO ankle fractures are the most complicated of any sort of leg injury, and i know for a player like him knee integrity is important, but with his moves he'll be torquing that ankle around a lot as well. idk if he'll be the same player but if he is it may take some time to get to that level.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #801 on: March 28, 2018, 10:34:47 AM »
i kind of feel bad for odell. IMO ankle fractures are the most complicated of any sort of leg injury, and i know for a player like him knee integrity is important, but with his moves he'll be torquing that ankle around a lot as well. idk if he'll be the same player but if he is it may take some time to get to that level.
I don't feel sorry for his diva derriere.  Living the party life has consequences.  I hope the Giants sign him to a huge extension and he continues to be a douche.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #802 on: March 28, 2018, 11:29:15 AM »
Look at the Giants WRs left over if they trade OBJ.  They'd have to keep Brandon Marshall. 

Eli will die.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #803 on: March 28, 2018, 11:51:13 AM »
Look at the Giants WRs left over if they trade OBJ.  They'd have to keep Brandon Marshall. 

Eli will die.

Wasn't Marshall already cut?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #804 on: March 28, 2018, 11:54:42 AM »
There's no way that deal is real.

Three first rounders? And the Giants even have to think about it? It sounds a lot more like "a source" leaking "a deal" to a former player so it could be leaked to the world in hopes that someone else would call and make a great offer.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #805 on: March 28, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »
There's no way that deal is real.

Three first rounders? And the Giants even have to think about it? It sounds a lot more like "a source" leaking "a deal" to a former player so it could be leaked to the world in hopes that someone else would call and make a great offer.

Carl Banks tweet hasn't been picked up by anybody of value. I seriously doubt it's even made its way into NFL circles other than the Giants and Jets.
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #806 on: March 28, 2018, 12:51:16 PM »
Three first rounders for a headache who wants a new deal? Where do I sign?

Who even has three first rounders?
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #807 on: March 28, 2018, 12:54:49 PM »
Right now @AdamSchefter reports the NYG are open to trading OBJ. He is in play. More now

Just now on NFL Live, @AdamSchefter just predicted that Odell Beckham Jr WILL be traded for a 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #808 on: March 28, 2018, 01:04:34 PM »
Right now @AdamSchefter reports the NYG are open to trading OBJ. He is in play. More now

Just now on NFL Live, @AdamSchefter just predicted that Odell Beckham Jr WILL be traded for a 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick.

Send him to San Francisco.  His sex life will approve of the move.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #809 on: March 28, 2018, 01:05:20 PM »
Lol. 3 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd PLUS the largest contract ever to a player that is not a QB.... for someone who is coming of ankle surgery and an off season where he was seen in a picture with coke next to him. Sure.

A team not only has to find fair trade value, and be willing to give that up for a player who has injury concerns, but also  be able to find a common ground on a contract with him. I would probably give up next years 1st for him, but that's mostly because we have more money than we know what to do with and can give him the contract that he wants (within reason). I'm not sure how large his market is and what other teams would part with to get him... but I am sure it is not the equivalent of four 1st round picks. Plus, if that was a real offer, there's no way the Giants don't instantly say yes.

Tags: