Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156182 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #766 on: March 26, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
@RapSheet:From @gmfb: My understanding is that #Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr will not set foot on a field without a new contract extension agreed to — with the #Giants or any team. ... This comes a day after owner John Mara said no one is “untouchable” in trade talks.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #767 on: March 26, 2018, 09:07:32 AM »
From @gmfb: The #Giants are open to discussing a possible Odell Beckham Jr trade for the right price... while he won’t be on the field without a new deal. https://t.co/0HDvFQzXsk

RIP Eli.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #768 on: March 26, 2018, 09:13:55 AM »
From @gmfb: The #Giants are open to discussing a possible Odell Beckham Jr trade for the right price... while he won’t be on the field without a new deal. https://t.co/0HDvFQzXsk

RIP Eli.

If OBJ is gone...i wonder if the top 3 QB prospects will be as eager to go to the Giants.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #769 on: March 26, 2018, 09:31:27 AM »
If OBJ is gone...i wonder if the top 3 QB prospects will be as eager to go to the Giants.
They won't have a choice.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #770 on: March 26, 2018, 09:32:13 AM »
They won't have a choice.
They could pull the Eli
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #771 on: March 26, 2018, 11:29:53 AM »
if they lose OBJ they may be more inclined to take a playmaker to help eli out like saquon

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #772 on: March 26, 2018, 12:13:52 PM »
What would the giants ask for in a trade?

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #773 on: March 26, 2018, 12:34:09 PM »
What would the giants ask for in a trade?

2019 1st and 3rd? Do it Tanny

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #774 on: March 26, 2018, 12:40:25 PM »
if they lose OBJ they may be more inclined to take a playmaker to help eli out like saquon

If they lose OBJ it's because they've gone into full rebuild mode, and then they're taking a QB.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #775 on: March 26, 2018, 12:58:46 PM »
If they lose OBJ it's because they've gone into full rebuild mode, and then they're taking a QB.

Bring back Mario Manningham

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #776 on: March 26, 2018, 02:17:59 PM »
In fact, the Daily News has learned that the price in a prospective Beckham trade is starting at a first-round pick plus. The “plus” is the negotiable part, but the meaning is that it likely won’t require two first-round picks to get it done.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #777 on: March 26, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »
So potential suitors: eliminate the NFC East and the Jets. The Giants are not going to trade Beckham in division or let the Jets win big with their former star in their own stadium and make them look bad down the road.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #778 on: March 26, 2018, 02:23:37 PM »
Obvious trade partner for me looks like the Browns - they have the money to pay him and the draft capital to get it done. Give the Giants #4 and #33, take their QB at #1. Giants then take a QB at #2 knowing they can get Barkley at #4.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #779 on: March 26, 2018, 02:41:01 PM »
Obvious trade partner for me looks like the Browns - they have the money to pay him and the draft capital to get it done. Give the Giants #4 and #33, take their QB at #1. Giants then take a QB at #2 knowing they can get Barkley at #4.

That's way too expensive for OBJ. The #4 pick, an early 2nd, and the highest contract ever for a wideout,  for a dude with serious mental issues.

They'd be much better off taking the best player in the draft at #4. Let some team elsewhere trade for him, maybe the Bills would be appropriate. If I was the Patriots I'd obviously be interested as freak since this is the end of their window though I don't quite see it happening.

Not to mention the Browns aren't giving all that up without a new contract. And do you think Beckham is interested in signing a long term contract with the fricken Browns? The only teams getting Beckham will either be contenders or teams located in an awesome place to live
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:46:20 PM by dcm1602 »

Tags: