Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156186 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2017, 05:53:10 PM »
If we get a year better and have a QB who doesn't literally throw away 2 wins, we're right there. Hell, we're almost there now.

And we would have the one guy with a positive history vs New England. They can't last too much longer than Eli.

We have no offensive line. Without that, we're not contending.

Now if we could get Weston Richburg to sign in FA, we have the start of something interesting.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #631 on: November 29, 2017, 06:31:38 PM »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #632 on: November 29, 2017, 06:35:20 PM »

Now if we could get Weston Richburg to sign in FA, we have the start of something interesting.

I love it. Add Richburg to the Jumbo Elliot/Kareem McKenzie pile of quality offensive lineman who switched New York teams.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #633 on: November 30, 2017, 08:04:37 AM »

So you're writing off next year too? If we're not in position to draft a top QB maybe we get an LT, sign a guy or two.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #634 on: November 30, 2017, 08:13:11 AM »
So you're writing off next year too? If we're not in position to draft a top QB maybe we get an LT, sign a guy or two.

I'm not writing it off, but I'm not expecting a sub .500 team to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender next year.

I think we will be quite aggressive in FA this offseason, because there's no value in sitting on cap space. The draft is stacked with QBs this time round but as I understand things a little sparser for OL, so I would expect us to be very interested in premier FAs on the line. Richburg is the standout FA to my eyes; he might well want out of the dumpster fire, and the Giants aren't going to have the money to compete in FA. I don't see an awful lot to get excited about at tackle.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #635 on: November 30, 2017, 08:27:32 AM »
I'm not writing it off, but I'm not expecting a sub .500 team to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender next year.

I think we will be quite aggressive in FA this offseason, because there's no value in sitting on cap space. The draft is stacked with QBs this time round but as I understand things a little sparser for OL, so I would expect us to be very interested in premier FAs on the line. Richburg is the standout FA to my eyes; he might well want out of the dumpster fire, and the Giants aren't going to have the money to compete in FA. I don't see an awful lot to get excited about at tackle.

Richburg would be a good signing.  Maybe we have an edge since he wouldn't have to move.  My only concern is that he was IR'd for an entire year for a concussion.  That's pretty rough.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #636 on: November 30, 2017, 10:44:44 AM »
We can get as deep into this as you want, I don't follow the draft as you might guess. All I'm saying is Eli would be a huge upgrade to where we are now to say the least. We're rolling with Josh McCown for the foreseeable future, have no QB of the future on the roster with any promise as far as we can see. If this is where we are and Eli is an option, get him, a pretty simple statement.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #637 on: November 30, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »
If the Jets get Manning, they immediately have to spend on two things: offensive line, and cornerback. Get those two things, then address receiver, running back, and linebacker in the draft, and this could be a legitimate playoff team next year.

You take the chance and run. Worry about drafting a QB in a year or two.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #638 on: November 30, 2017, 12:02:50 PM »
If the Jets get Manning, they immediately have to spend on two things: offensive line, and cornerback. Get those two things, then address receiver, running back, and linebacker in the draft, and this could be a legitimate playoff team next year.

You take the chance and run. Worry about drafting a QB in a year or two.

There's improvement we have to make no mater what happens. The D is young and figures to be good, yes we need CBs, most teams do. We'll have (we hope) Enunwa and Anderson, maybe still Kearse at WR with ASJ at TE. We have good RBs, fix up the line and we have a good chance. Throw Eli into the list of Cousins, etc, and I'll try not to think about all the salty Giant fans watching Eli play for the Jets. It would be similar to when we got Parcells, except that upset the Pats and Giants fans all in one shot.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #639 on: November 30, 2017, 12:16:26 PM »
freaking A guys, I was trolling.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #640 on: November 30, 2017, 12:59:31 PM »
freaking A guys, I was trolling.

Ok, but the more we talk about it and I think about it, why the f*ck not?

Again, we have Josh McCown right now as our best chance to win games, and he has one of the worst records of all time.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #641 on: November 30, 2017, 01:12:43 PM »
Trolling or not, I'd bring in Manning.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #642 on: November 30, 2017, 01:32:00 PM »
This was posted by a friend of mine, long time Giants fan.

So today is official I am no longer a NY Giants fan. I will be selling all my Giants memorabilia this weekend on Ebay. #NOTMYQB

Seems they don't take to adversity as well as we do.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #643 on: November 30, 2017, 01:42:14 PM »

That's ridiculous. You're giving up a lifetime of fanhood because they benched your QB? I disagree with the benching but come on.

Forget adversity. How do these people eat if their mothers are unavailable for a breast feeding?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #644 on: November 30, 2017, 02:06:58 PM »

He'll be giving up his Jets fandom next year.

Tags: