Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156197 times)

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #615 on: November 29, 2017, 10:32:37 AM »
But we still suck

Yeah, but we suck a lot less than most thought. From the outside looking in, it looks like the Giants can't get out of their own way right now.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #616 on: November 29, 2017, 10:39:15 AM »
I've been burned a couple of times making fun of the Giants when they were circusey.  As soon as I think they are a joke and the Jets are the class in town, they luck into an Odell Beckham or something else and they are in the mix again. 

As a "freak the Giants" believer, the best thing that could happen is them not clearing house this offseason.
I can't see any way in the world that their pedo-looking coach is back next year.  They'll probably bail on Reese too, but he at least has a chance to stick around.  He shouldn't but he does.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #617 on: November 29, 2017, 11:06:23 AM »
Should the Jets sign Eli?

If our other option is McCown again, yes. I'd rather have a late 30s QB with an uncanny knack for winning than a later 30s QB with an uncanny knack for losing.

Hopefully we'll have better options.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #618 on: November 29, 2017, 11:09:11 AM »
I've been burned a couple of times making fun of the Giants when they were circusey.  As soon as I think they are a joke and the Jets are the class in town, they luck into an Odell Beckham or something else and they are in the mix again. 

As a "freak the Giants" believer, the best thing that could happen is them not clearing house this offseason.
I can't see any way in the world that their pedo-looking coach is back next year.  They'll probably bail on Reese too, but he at least has a chance to stick around.  He shouldn't but he does.

0% chance macadoo stays. If they keep Reese they are retarded, he is the worse offender and has a criminal history of draft picks.

My guess is they luck into Josh Rosen. Darnold going back to school would freak them though.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #619 on: November 29, 2017, 01:12:03 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #620 on: November 29, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »
Dan Duggan‏

McAdoo said that Eli and Davis Webb ran the scout team in practice today.

Lawl.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #621 on: November 29, 2017, 02:55:20 PM »
Think Eli might be a little motivated if we signed him to stay in NY and play for the Jets?

What else have we got going on?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #622 on: November 29, 2017, 02:55:55 PM »
Think Eli might be a little motivated if we signed him to stay in NY and play for the Jets?

What else have we got going on?

he's too close to your age.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #623 on: November 29, 2017, 03:00:02 PM »
A two time Super Bowl winner running scout teams. freak me.

Based on the reaction of the Giants fans right now, I honestly think that if we signed Eli next season a not insignificant number of them would be cheering for us - especially if Reese is still there.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #624 on: November 29, 2017, 03:11:38 PM »
A two time Super Bowl winner running scout teams. freak me.

Based on the reaction of the Giants fans right now, I honestly think that if we signed Eli next season a not insignificant number of them would be cheering for us - especially if Reese is still there.

firemanedjr would jump ship again, this time back to the Jets.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #625 on: November 29, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »
he's too close to your age.

Again, I'd much prefer a better option. But let's say we don't land a top QB in the draft, or we do but he's not going to be an option as a rookie, and our choices are similar to this year + Eli. I thank McCown for his service, give his 15 to Kearse and get a pen out for Eli.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #626 on: November 29, 2017, 04:24:06 PM »
Just weighing in to say I'd absolutely take Eli as a viable plan C to hold the fort next year if it appears they aren't going to pick high enough in the draft to land who they want, AND they miss on Cousins, who I'd happily give a big contract.

I think the better question is, given likely interest in Jacksonville, Denver and possibly Washington if Cousins leaves (which would be a real freak you to the Giants), why would he come here? Just to stay in NY?

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #627 on: November 29, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »
Just weighing in to say I'd absolutely take Eli as a viable plan C to hold the fort next year if it appears they aren't going to pick high enough in the draft to land who they want, AND they miss on Cousins, who I'd happily give a big contract.

I think the better question is, given likely interest in Jacksonville, Denver and possibly Washington if Cousins leaves (which would be a real freak you to the Giants), why would he come here? Just to stay in NY?

Lives here, family here, kids in school.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #628 on: November 29, 2017, 04:52:47 PM »
I honestly can't see him going anywhere that doesn't give him an immediate shot at one more ring, and that's probably not us. Dude's got two more years left tops IMO, and he's not going to want to see them out playing 8-8 football.

I still think retirement is the likeliest option if he doesn't stay on with the new head coach at the Giants, but if I had to pick another team for him to go to it would have to be Jacksonville. They've got the makings of a really good team, his old boss is there, and the AFC South is full of basketcase teams who can never seem to get their excrement together long enough to be convincing so the division is probably there for the winning. And Jacksonville is close enough to New York that he can probably find a way to keep the family at home and travel between the two on a weekly basis if that's really what he wants.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #629 on: November 29, 2017, 05:12:50 PM »
If we get a year better and have a QB who doesn't literally throw away 2 wins, we're right there. Hell, we're almost there now.

And we would have the one guy with a positive history vs New England. They can't last too much longer than Eli.

Tags: