Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156194 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #585 on: November 28, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »
They have no o line and no run game. Shepard and Engram are both really good, but I don’t think that’s enough for Geno to lean on.

It would be freaking hilarious if he plays better than Eli has though.

Sterling Shepard was inactive last weekend and I can't imagine he's desperate to force his way back to fitness this week either, and Engram has been struggling to catch Manning's passes so I don't see how he's going to be any better at getting hold of Geno's desperate chucks.

They're up against one of the worst secondaries in the league and I expect him to give their stats a good padding.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #586 on: November 28, 2017, 04:12:11 PM »
They might want to remind Geno what time the game is.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #587 on: November 28, 2017, 04:50:48 PM »
I hope the giants fans suffer....this is great.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #588 on: November 28, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »
Best case scenario is Geno leads the Giants to enough wins that they end up with a worse pick.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #589 on: November 28, 2017, 05:06:57 PM »
I look at Eli the same way I would hope a Mets fan looks at Jeter. I hate the team he plays for, but I respect the athlete and the dignified way in which he represented this city over the course of his career.

This is a total disgrace that speaks to the higher ups inability to be accountable. It wasn't Eli that decided to go into the year with no left tackle, and a excrement running game.

Jerry Reese has been allowed to skate on the draft record of Ernie Accorsi the entire time he's been there. Inexplicably, he was allowed to completely throw Coughlin under the bus despite putting together a historically inept defense. Now, despite being the architect of this absolute excrement squad, him and their shithead of a head coach are trying to place blame where it doesn't belong.

Eli's meant too much to that organization and has delivered too many trophies to their case to be benched for Geno freaking Smith.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #590 on: November 28, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »
Sign Eli in 2018. 

Revenge Tour 2018
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #591 on: November 28, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »
Sign Eli in 2018. 

Revenge Tour 2018
There are going to be a lot of interesting QBs on the market. Eli could be another one, though I expect him to go to Jacksonville to reunite with Coughlin.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #592 on: November 28, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »
I look at Eli the same way I would hope a Mets fan looks at Jeter. I hate the team he plays for, but I respect the athlete and the dignified way in which he represented this city over the course of his career.

This is a total disgrace that speaks to the higher ups inability to be accountable. It wasn't Eli that decided to go into the year with no left tackle, and a excrement running game.

Jerry Reese has been allowed to skate on the draft record of Ernie Accorsi the entire time he's been there. Inexplicably, he was allowed to completely throw Coughlin under the bus despite putting together a historically inept defense. Now, despite being the architect of this absolute excrement squad, him and their shithead of a head coach are trying to place blame where it doesn't belong.

Eli's meant too much to that organization and has delivered too many trophies to their case to be benched for Geno freaking Smith.

As much as I hate the Giants I've never hated Eli. Actually rooted for him in that first Super Bowl.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #593 on: November 28, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »
Geno is going to get booed soooo bad.  If I lived closer, I'd troll the game in a Jets jersey.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #594 on: November 28, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »
I'll be in Florida of all things.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #595 on: November 28, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
There are going to be a lot of interesting QBs on the market. Eli could be another one, though I expect him to go to Jacksonville to reunite with Coughlin.

He's going to be 38 next season. I don't dislike him but I think that "interesting" is going a bit far. I suspect he'll see what the Giants do in the spring as far as coaching and personnel are concerned, and then make a decision on whether or not he retires. I can't see him going anywhere else.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #596 on: November 28, 2017, 08:30:51 PM »
Surprised at how much I don't enjoy seeing this.

https://twitter.com/pleonardnydn/status/935616011054743555

Dude deserves better, but I don't think this is McAdoo's doing. This is all about medium term personnel decisions, which means it's Reese.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #597 on: November 28, 2017, 09:03:03 PM »

So much of this is true. freak the Giants for this. Eli has one of the longest starting game streaks in the history of the sport. He has delivered two Lombardi trophies and is a future Hall of famer. He is being benched for Geno Smith, more or less because the team needs a spark in a lost season in which Eli hasn't been a disaster. No one would have ever done this to Peyton or farve, or Brady. This is ridiculous.

freak the Giants. I hope Geno throws 10 interceptions and they move over to Davis Webb, and he throws 10 more and then they put Eli back in the next week and he wins out. He flips the Giants the bird on his way out and then they don't have a QB of the future.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #598 on: November 28, 2017, 10:31:20 PM »
He's going to be 38 next season. I don't dislike him but I think that "interesting" is going a bit far. I suspect he'll see what the Giants do in the spring as far as coaching and personnel are concerned, and then make a decision on whether or not he retires. I can't see him going anywhere else.
Fair, though I would at least trust him in big spots more than someone like McCown. He's a below average starting QB, and I don't even think he's BTG at this stage.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #599 on: November 28, 2017, 10:43:26 PM »
...for Geno?  Why Reese, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world... but for Geno?!

Tags: