Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156183 times)

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #540 on: November 14, 2017, 07:43:33 AM »
Better with Rosen
Worse with Darnchez

And this assumes Jets won't take one of the other of the 5 potential franchise QBs when they pick at 7 or 8 with 5 wins or 10 or 11 with 6 wins

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #541 on: November 14, 2017, 07:47:58 AM »
Better with Rosen
Worse with Darnchez

And this assumes Jets won't take one of the other of the 5 potential franchise QBs when they pick at 7 or 8 with 5 wins or 10 or 11 with 6 wins

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Imma let someone else take this one
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #542 on: November 14, 2017, 08:05:57 AM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #543 on: November 14, 2017, 08:40:29 AM »
This may seem like an absurd question given the state of the Giants... But hypothetically if the Giants draft Darnold or Rosen, and the Jets end up with status quo at the QB position, which team would you say has a better future?

This scenario would be beyond frustrating, and I'd say there's a decent chance of this happening

Depends if the QB ends up sucking taint.  Same as always.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #544 on: November 14, 2017, 11:07:01 AM »
This may seem like an absurd question given the state of the Giants... But hypothetically if the Giants draft Darnold or Rosen, and the Jets end up with status quo at the QB position, which team would you say has a better future?

This scenario would be beyond frustrating, and I'd say there's a decent chance of this happening

Until the Jets prove otherwise, the Giants are generally a better run organization. Right now, the Giants are a mess. But if both teams ended the season with the same record, and both regimes were removed, the Giants job would have a far longer line of hopefuls.

I'm hopeful that right now the Jets current regime proves to have staying power. Right now, that's what would put the Jets ahead long-term.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #545 on: November 14, 2017, 11:07:24 AM »
I actually wanted the Giants to win this past week. Wow.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #546 on: November 14, 2017, 11:09:33 AM »
I'm hopeful that right now the Jets current regime proves to have staying power. Right now, that's what would put the Jets ahead long-term.

Barring a disastrous last 6 games I'd say Duff and Bowles are staying. Maybe the result of low expectations but I can't see them getting canned when the team has actually looked better than anyone thought and has a long term plan in place.

Sorry, MBGreen.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #547 on: November 14, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »
Barring a disastrous last 6 games I'd say Duff and Bowles are staying. Maybe the result of low expectations but I can't see them getting canned when the team has actually looked better than anyone thought and has a long term plan in place.

Sorry, MBGreen.

I agree. My point is that I'm hoping it's something that continues. Coming into the year, I felt Maccagnan had a lot to prove in terms of acquiring talent. Halfway through this season, I feel a lot more comfortable with him.

A few weeks ago, I wanted an interim head coach. Now, I think Bowles just might have the right stuff to lead a rebuilt team.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #550 on: November 20, 2017, 10:51:52 AM »
I was happy to see them win. Would like to see them win their way out of a top draft pick now that they're safely out of playoff contention. Hoping for a Buffaloesque run of futility for the G-men.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #551 on: November 20, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »
I was happy to see them win. Would like to see them win their way out of a top draft pick now that they're safely out of playoff contention. Hoping for a Buffaloesque run of futility for the G-men.

It doesn’t matter which lottery ticket they have.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #552 on: November 20, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »
It doesn’t matter which lottery ticket they have.

Well, this is true, but why take the chance?

Tags: