Author Topic: LOLGIANTS  (Read 156197 times)

Cane

• Chad Pennington
Re: LOLGIANTS
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2016, 08:58:32 PM »
I agree except for doing it in the media.

Calling out teammates in the media for mistakes in a game?  That's a shitty move.  But, calling them out for not doing the extra work that you're doing?  I'm OK with that.  If he's calling out every OL in the league, then he's calling out every OL in the league, teammates/coaches included.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2016, 11:07:56 PM »
Maybe he has already tried doing it in private and gained no traction, and is now taking an approach of "freak you, you're not going to get away with undermining all of my hard work because you're too lazy to do anything other than that which the team mandates you to". It's the kind of thing I can totally imagine Mangold doing if he felt that his linemates weren't stepping up to the mark.

I absolutely cannot picture Mangold throwing any of his teammates under the bus like that. And we had some shitty OL players in the immediate years after our 2009 season

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2016, 05:40:59 AM »
I absolutely cannot picture Mangold throwing any of his teammates under the bus like that. And we had some shitty OL players in the immediate years after our 2009 season

But perhaps those guys just sucked. Richburg is basically saying they are lazy fucks. Not untalented hacks, which our excrement OL guys may well have been.

And also this is basically the same thing Demario Davis said via the media a couple years back about the team not practicing hard enough to be good enough to be a championship caliber team. If my memory serves we as a board were fairly divided on his comments. Many saw it as an indictment of Rex, others saw it as stupid to call out via the media and some saw it as an attempt at good leadership by Davis to try and get his teammates to listen, and then others said he can't say that excrement if he's not good.

Turns out 18 months later, Davis is gone and so is the coaching staff.
Need a new one for a new board...

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2016, 07:38:07 AM »

Perhaps he should have.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2016, 07:50:56 AM »

I don't view it as throwing anyone under the bus. I view it as an expectation that unless someone is better than him they have no excuse to not be working as hard as or harder than him; as Cane said, calling them out for a lack of talent would be a shitty thing to do because there's nothing they can about that, but calling them out for an inferior work ethic is good leadership in my book. In Mangold's time we've had some great linemen and some shitty ones, but I don't recall any whose talent has been apparently betrayed by a lack of work. If we had, I've no doubt he'd have called them out.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2016, 12:04:31 PM »
Does anyone else find it funny that gap-tooth Strahan ended up with the TV career that pretty boy Tiki thought he was going to have?
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »
Does anyone else find it funny that gap-tooth Strahan ended up with the TV career that pretty boy Tiki thought he was going to have?

It's the difference between being totally unlikable and incredibly gay.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #309 on: May 31, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »
Surprised he didn't go with Bruce Jenner.

#hesgay

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2016, 08:24:51 AM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2016, 08:43:27 AM »
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/20/odell-beckham-i-made-josh-norman-relevant/

He's a good player, but my word is he ever a rooster.

He's one of those players you hope gets crushed by someone on the field.  I don't wish permanent injury, just a STFU-type hit.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #312 on: July 21, 2016, 06:41:33 PM »
It's more like Norman exposed him as a complete scumbag and mental nut job

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #313 on: July 21, 2016, 10:14:00 PM »
It's more like Norman exposed him as a complete scumbag and mental nut job

Do you know him personally? Or should we just call you a complete scumbag as well?
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #314 on: July 30, 2016, 04:44:17 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4vdfcw/rnfl_roast_of_the_new_york_giants_2732/

**Giants fans coping process:**

- *Eli throws interception*

- "GOD DAMMIT ELI"

- "No... No, it can't be Eli. It must have been something else"

- *rewinds game, goes still by still, looks for any other conceivable reason other than Eli that causes the interception*

- *sees Rueben Randle on bench chewing gum*

- "WHAT THE freak. WHAT. THE. freak. God dammit Randle stop distracting Eli with your loud chews during the play you know he gets distracted easily!"

- *puts full blame on Randle*

- *goes on r/NFL to point out it's Randle's fault* "If you guys look closely, Eli had literally nothing to do with the interception.."

- *fast forwards back to live game*

- *Eli has thrown another interception*

- *repeat process*

Tags: