Author Topic: Sheldon Richardson to the Jets : Pay Wilkerson  (Read 2691 times)

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
Sheldon Richardson to the Jets : Pay Wilkerson
« on: June 14, 2014, 11:40:17 PM »

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Sheldon Richardson to the Jets : Pay Wilkerson
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »
He'll get paid. Doesn't matter when.. there is too much cap space lying around that must be used

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 12:14:29 AM »
The title makes it seem like this is a locker room issue, when it isn't. Sheldon just expects the Jets to lock up Mo long term. Stupid media.
"Wrong!"

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »
The title makes it seem like this is a locker room issue, when it isn't. Sheldon just expects the Jets to lock up Mo long term. Stupid media.

I don't think it's that out of hand. They're not painting a picture of an out of control locker room.

All the story does is echo the sentiment if what a few of us have been saying. Lock him up now before the price goes up.

Another yr like last yr he will get paid out the derriere. With the spare room we have this yr we can front load it n have more room for extending other guys and bringing in FA when this team is a legit contender.

Some argued you don't want to set a precedent for paying people before their deal expires. I argued it shows players that if you perform and lead behind the scenes , and on the field, you get rewarded.

Richardson just said out loud what we went over as soon as the season ended.

I didn't mean to make the title seem like it's a divisive locker room issue, but it's straight to the point. A title like.

Sheldon Richardson says Wilkerson deserves to get paid more than his rookie deal for being a good leader but understands the business involved in NFL contracts

Lol a little less purposeful

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 12:48:30 AM »
Sheldon Richardson to random reporter:  Wilkerson should probably make more money
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 04:50:22 AM »
Manish: Richardson demands more money.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 10:38:40 AM »
Hard to argue with it. Plus the earlier we pay Mo, the earlier we can pay Richardson based on precedent.

But Richardson sure as excrement speaks his mind, and always will. Glad to have these 2 monsters on our DL
Need a new one for a new board...

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »
I doubt Wilkerson gets a new contract this season. The Jets have all the leverage and Wilkerson essentially has 2 years left on his deal. And of course Sheldon wants him to get paid, because if Wilkerson gets paid early it sets a precedent for him in the future.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 01:25:39 PM »
I doubt Wilkerson gets a new contract this season. The Jets have all the leverage and Wilkerson essentially has 2 years left on his deal. And of course Sheldon wants him to get paid, because if Wilkerson gets paid early it sets a precedent for him in the future.
I doubt Richardsons really thinking down that line of thought.
I'm sure it was something like a reporter saying what do you think of Wilkersons contract situation

And he was just like pay the man

Reality is the 5th year options for first round picks is still really freaking good money

Obviously not what these guys would get on the open market, and not quote a tag. But you're still talking like 7 million guaranteed. Which is around triple what they're getting on rookie deals

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 12:55:36 PM »
Manish: Jets make Wilkerson play for free, not paying him according to "sources".
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion