Author Topic: Week 5: New York Jets @ Atlanta Falcons  (Read 28271 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Week 5: New York Jets @ Atlanta Falcons
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:27:57 AM »
We're fucked.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Week 5: New York Jets @ Atlanta Falcons
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
Royally fucked
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 12:02:16 PM »
Totally fucked.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 12:07:16 PM »
I don't think we're as bad off as people think. I think the D will keep us in the game, though I am a little concerned that Coples isn't actually practicing today.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 12:08:55 PM »
Is Tony Gonzalez still playing? yeah.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 12:09:23 PM »
I don't think we're as bad off as people think. I think the D will keep us in the game, though I am a little concerned that Coples isn't actually practicing today.

I'm worried about their skill position players.

Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez have the ability to kill us. 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 12:13:57 PM »
There was a writeup this morning about TGonz. Rex's brother figured out how to stop him, and the Pats used the same method (doubling him up front). Rex already said he plans to use it.

I'm not scared of any team's offense. The only thing that honestly scares me is our ability to get our offense past the 50.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 12:16:42 PM »
There was a writeup this morning about TGonz. Rex's brother figured out how to stop him, and the Pats used the same method (doubling him up front). Rex already said he plans to use it.

I'm not scared of any team's offense. The only thing that honestly scares me is our ability to get our offense past the 50.

Remember when we triple teamed him on his game winning TD catch during the last Atlanta game?

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 12:19:18 PM »
Defense needs to force some turnovers this week!  This moving text give me a headache.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 12:19:34 PM »
Remember when we triple teamed him on his game winning TD catch during the last Atlanta game?

*shrug*

Was that from the LOS though? If you give him room to get open you can expect him to beat you. That's what the elite receivers do. It's why I can't stand Cromartie giving up so much space to his assignment. Disrupt a guy at the line and it throws off the timing of the play. Let him get his running start and you're asking for trouble.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »

I remember it more like we didn't cover him at all.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »

*shrug*

Was that from the LOS though? If you give him room to get open you can expect him to beat you. That's what the elite receivers do. It's why I can't stand Cromartie giving up so much space to his assignment. Disrupt a guy at the line and it throws off the timing of the play. Let him get his running start and you're asking for trouble.

First things first, I love the multiple quotes in the quoting system.

I agree with Cromartie, if he isn't playing physical on the line, he is an average corner, IMO.  However, he does have elite make up ability, and combine that with his physical play (hands on at the line), he is a top NFL corner. 

The way you stop Gonzalez is the same way you stop any top tier TE.  Don't let him get into his route.

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 12:26:32 PM »

I remember it more like we didn't cover him at all.

I remember Rex saying the call was to triple team/bracket him, but someone fucked up.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 12:27:51 PM »
I'm going to ban hawk for using that moving text.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 12:29:30 PM »

Alio against the Pats using the same method Gonzalez was 12 catches for 149 yards and 2 td's. I pray to god the Jets do not use that method.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: falcons