:

2024 NYJ Team Needs

Started by Heismanberg, January 07, 2024, 03:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBGreen

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

Quote from: Tommy on July 11, 2015, 03:18:14 AM
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

MBGreen

QuoteuSTADIUM
@uSTADIUM
#Chiefs OT Donovan Smith, who is set to become a UFA after the #SuperBowl tells the NY Post that it would be a “dream” to sign with his childhood team, the NY #Jets.

“I grew up a Jets fan. I’m from New York, so that would definitely be something I would appreciate before my career ends. It would, for sure, be cool to be able to have my name and number on the jersey of my hometown team I grew up with and watched as my favorite.”

#EyeballsEmoji

Heismanberg

MBGreen

MexJetinBcn

He’s not terrible terrible but has been a penalty machine this season. Two years ago he was fantastic.

MBGreen

Quote from: MexJetinBcn on February 09, 2024, 09:53:44 AM
He’s not terrible terrible but has been a penalty machine this season. Two years ago he was fantastic.

Shouldn't take much for Keith Carter to kill this kid's career then.

mj2sexay

Reviewing the thread; Mike Evans is never coming here despite the board clamoring for him for seemingly a half decade now. It's unfortunately not going to happen.

Of the receivers listed, as I said previously, I'd really love to see them bring in Michael Pittman, but I don't expect the Colts to let him go. I'd love Higgins, he's going to cost a lot. If Ridley can stay off draftkings, he's another guy I'd like to see them pursue, and apparently Joe D has done so in the past, although the Jags are another team that can restructure guys like Kirk and Scherff (though Scherff might be on the chopping block because they can recoup 9 mil). 

It's actually a fairly solid free agent class for receivers, though its February 9th, so who knows who resigns on the eve of free agency or gets tagged. Nor do we know what needs are going to be created (such as a Mosley replacement) if the Jets elect to cut instead of restructure some of their more high priced guys which is what they should've done with Lawson.

AJ Dillon stinks.

Donovan Smith freaking stinks. Free agency really doesn't provide a lot of solutions at tackle, with the exception of Trent Brown and Tyron Smith who's 33 and has a lot of wear and tear. It's better at guard, and they do have the luxury of being able to move AVT to one of the tackle spots (his injuries aside as that's an unfortunate red flag). 

Heismanberg

Quote from: mj2sexay on February 09, 2024, 11:36:36 AMAJ Dillon stinks.

Signing him is better than spending another draft pick on a running back. 

He's good in short yardage situations, he can pass protect, and he can catch the football.  He also probably knows the offense.

Coach K

Donavan Smith is a penalty machine.  He's decent when he's not killing drives with flags.

Again I live in TB and watched this guy kill drives routinely.

Hard pass

Heismanberg

Quote from: Coach K on February 12, 2024, 07:50:49 AM
Donavan Smith is a penalty machine.  He's decent when he's not killing drives with flags.

Hard pass

That wasn’t a problem this season

MBGreen

Quote from: Coach K on February 12, 2024, 07:50:49 AM

Hard pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuYXCiWkenk

Johnny English

Here is Donovan Smith's career penalty record:

2023 - 6 (43rd)
2022 - 12 (2nd)
2021 - 7 (24th)
2020 - 10 (2nd)
2019 - 12 (62nd)
2018 - 6 (48th)
2017 - 8 (13th)
2016 - 0
2015 - 10 (12th)

He has been penalised 71 times in 136 starts, which averages out to one penalty every other game. Not only do the stats suggest that he does not "kill drives routinely" with flags, they also show that he has missed 10 games total in his 9 year career and collected 2 Super Bowl rings along the way. Seems like a pretty clear upgrade to me.
A cross-dressing limey poofter