:
 

Friars Club 2022- Rule Changes

Started by Andrew Ryan, August 11, 2022, 11:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favor of making this a 2-QB league?

Yes
4 (57.1%)
No
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: August 31, 2022, 11:41:25 AM

Andrew Ryan

Personally, I'm in favor because it makes 10-team leagues a lot more interesting, particularly with the amount of depth at the QB position in the NFL these days.

Derek Smalls

I always prefer Superflex over 2 QBs. That way there is less incentive for people to hoard quarterbacks, and teams don't have to take a 0 at QB if there's a busy bye week or batch of injuries. But I'm fine with either one, and I voted YES.

(Superflex is a flex position where you can also play QB).

Heismanberg

Worth trying out if there’s a cap on how many QBs in a roster

Superflex would be ideal
Quote from: Tommy on July 11, 2015, 03:18:14 AM
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

Quote from: Heismanberg on August 11, 2022, 12:47:29 PM
Worth trying out if there’s a cap on how many QBs in a roster

Superflex would be ideal

I prefer the Superflex also
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Andrew Ryan

I've changed it from two quarterbacks to superflex (called OP on ESPN's site). I can also reduce the number of rosterable QBs to 3 if you guys prefer.

MBGreen

Quote from: Andrew Ryan on August 11, 2022, 12:52:47 PM
I've changed it from two quarterbacks to superflex (called OP on ESPN's site). I can also reduce the number of rosterable QBs to 3 if you guys prefer.

sounds good to me

thanks mang.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

Quote from: Andrew Ryan on August 11, 2022, 12:52:47 PM
I've changed it from two quarterbacks to superflex (called OP on ESPN's site). I can also reduce the number of rosterable QBs to 3 if you guys prefer.
I prefer 4 as the max. If you have two QBs on bye, you should be able to replace them. You should also be able to stash backup QBs if you want, which is hard to do if it's 3.   

MBGreen

Quote from: Derek Smalls on August 11, 2022, 02:00:59 PM
I prefer 4 as the max. If you have two QBs on bye, you should be able to replace them. You should also be able to stash backup QBs if you want, which is hard to do if it's 3.   

this is retarded.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Andrew Ryan


MBGreen

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

If you have two QBs on a bye at the same time, that’s on you
Quote from: Tommy on July 11, 2015, 03:18:14 AM
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

#11
Quote from: MBGreen on August 11, 2022, 02:21:09 PM
you agree with "hoarding"?

It's not necessarily hoarding and I don't believe allowing 4 QBs on a roster is going to be as common or the problem that you think it's going to be.

Quote from: Heismanberg on August 11, 2022, 02:23:40 PM
If you have two QBs on a bye at the same time, that’s on you

This I agree with completely.

Derek Smalls

If I draft Lamar Jackson, and he gets hurt in Week 2 and is out 6 weeks, I should be able to stash him and have the option of playing 2 quarterbacks every week.

Derek Smalls

Quote from: Andrew Ryan on August 11, 2022, 02:31:41 PM
It's not necessarily hoarding and I don't believe allowing 4 QBs on a roster is going to be as common or the problem that you think it's going to be.

This I agree with completely.
There are only 32 starting quarterbacks, so I don't expect too many people to be having 4 quarterbacks. But if you have crappy quarterbacks, and you want to try to stash Malik Willis or Kenny Pickett or someone, you should have that option. And between byes and injuries, I don't see why there should be a rule in place at 3.

Andrew Ryan

In a 10-team league, this really should not be an issue (particularly with superflex). If it becomes one, we can revisit it.