:

The Joe Douglas semi-erect hog Garage

Started by SixFeetDeep, September 02, 2019, 08:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Smalls

Getting a 2nd-round pick for Sam Darnold is closer to a home run than a whiff.

dcm1602

Quote from: MBGreen on April 20, 2024, 02:58:30 PM
whiffed on Darnold? lol

he's a freaking stopgap QB for the Vikings.  I guess the Panthers and Niners whiffed on him too.

Quote from: Derek Smalls on April 20, 2024, 03:12:16 PM
Getting a 2nd-round pick for Sam Darnold is closer to a home run than a whiff.

You don't get credit for getting a 2nd for Darnold when you drafted Zach Wilson with the 2nd overall pick

This team in every single way would've been better off if he just kept Darnold and did literally anything other than draft Zach Wilson.

And the biggest knock on his "mishandling" of Darnold is it led to this forced Zach Wilson pick, and again to this forced situation with Rodgers (which so far has been pretty shitty)

Regardless, the point is if we go 9-8 or lose a wildcard

Douglas needs to be gone the next day

MBGreen

Quote from: dcm1602 on April 20, 2024, 03:42:09 PM
You don't get credit for getting a 2nd for Darnold when you drafted Zach Wilson with the 2nd overall pick

This team in every single way would've been better off if he just kept Darnold and did literally anything other than draft Zach Wilson.

And the biggest knock on his "mishandling" of Darnold is it led to this forced Zach Wilson pick, and again to this forced situation with Rodgers (which so far has been pretty shitty)

Regardless, the point is if we go 9-8 or lose a wildcard

Douglas needs to be gone the next day
Why are you like this?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

Quote from: MBGreen on April 20, 2024, 03:47:36 PM
Why are you like this?

I'm just consistent

Most of this board has spent most of the last year hating the dude

MBGreen

Quote from: dcm1602 on April 20, 2024, 05:24:09 PM
I'm just consistent

I'm referring to your skewed opinion on Darnold.

He stinks...
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

Quote from: dcm1602 on April 20, 2024, 05:24:09 PM
I'm just consistent

I think he's an average GM who has done some good things and some bad things. I think he did a bad job last offseason. I like so far what he's done this offseason. We'll see what happens in the draft. We'll see what he does the rest of the offseason.

On paper, the Jets have one of the best rosters in the NFL. When he took over, they were atrocious. Looking at that alone, he's done a very good job. But while they may look good on paper, he's been here a long time and we haven't been close to the playoffs under his watch.

Obviously this is a huge season for him. You worry about him replacing Rodgers after the Zach Wilson debacle, but that's not a problem for right now.

dcm1602

Quote from: MBGreen on April 20, 2024, 05:41:03 PM
I'm referring to your skewed opinion on Darnold.

He stinks...

At the time my opinion of Darnold was we could build around him. I was wrong

In hindsight keeping Darnold and shopping Zachs pick off to the highest bidder for literally anything would've been the best move for the franchise.

dcm1602

Quote from: Derek Smalls on April 20, 2024, 05:49:28 PM
I think he's an average GM who has done some good things and some bad things. I think he did a bad job last offseason. I like so far what he's done this offseason. We'll see what happens in the draft. We'll see what he does the rest of the offseason.

On paper, the Jets have one of the best rosters in the NFL. When he took over, they were atrocious. Looking at that alone, he's done a very good job. But while they may look good on paper, he's been here a long time and we haven't been close to the playoffs under his watch.

Obviously this is a huge season for him. You worry about him replacing Rodgers after the Zach Wilson debacle, but that's not a problem for right now.

I'm not talking about right now. We're stuck with JD this season (well most of it)

If Rodgers isn't flat out elite and we don't go deep, Douglas is gone before the SB

Heismanberg

Quote from: dcm1602 on April 20, 2024, 06:01:13 PM
I'm not talking about right now. We're stuck with JD this season (well most of it)

If Rodgers isn't flat out elite and we don't go deep, Douglas is gone before the SB

Our defense should be good enough for Rodgers to just be OK.

We would’ve been a playoff team last season with average QB play.
Quote from: Tommy on July 11, 2015, 03:18:14 AM
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

Quote from: Heismanberg on April 20, 2024, 06:15:18 PM

All of this. We had 7 wins with garbage QB play and an OL made of guys who should be stacking shelves and doing oil changes. This year we have the 4th easiest SOS based on last year's standings, if Rodgers plays 17 games we'll make the playoffs.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

Quote from: Heismanberg on April 20, 2024, 06:15:18 PM

I think the bar has to be higher than a single wildcard win

Plus the AFC is really fricken stacked.  So honestly if QB's can stay healthy we could be playing against a crazy stacked team in wildcard weekend.

I'm not saying we're gonna suck, I'm just not convinced anyone will want JD back if this team doesn't have a magical year

Derek Smalls

Quote from: dcm1602 on April 20, 2024, 06:24:32 PM
I think the bar has to be higher than a single wildcard win

Plus the AFC is really fricken stacked.  So honestly if QB's can stay healthy we could be playing against a crazy stacked team in wildcard weekend.

I'm not saying we're gonna suck, I'm just not convinced anyone will want JD back if this team doesn't have a magical year
I think Saleh gets the axe before Douglas does if we lose in Wild Card round, if any of them go.

MBGreen

Quote from: Derek Smalls on April 21, 2024, 01:22:55 PM
I think Saleh gets the axe before Douglas does if we lose in Wild Card round, if any of them go.
Correct

Heismanberg

Quote from: dcm1602 on April 20, 2024, 06:24:32 PM
Plus the AFC is really fricken stacked.

We're part of that group.

We took the Chiefs into the deep end and almost beat them.  We stole the opener from Buffalo.  We manhandled Houston.  We also beat one of the best NFC teams without our starting corners. 

Our defense is elite.  9 of 11 starters are returning.  Reddick is an upgrade over Huff.  Clark could be an upgrade over Whitehead.  We're loaded. 

Quinnen, Sauce, Quincy, Adams, Carter, and Davis all have another year of experience and development. 

Our expectations for the defense should be as high as they've ever been. 
Quote from: Tommy on July 11, 2015, 03:18:14 AM
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

Quote from: Heismanberg on April 21, 2024, 04:14:28 PM
We're part of that group.

We took the Chiefs into the deep end and almost beat them.  We stole the opener from Buffalo.  We manhandled Houston.  We also beat one of the best NFC teams without our starting corners. 

Our defense is elite.  9 of 11 starters are returning.  Reddick is an upgrade over Huff.  Clark could be an upgrade over Whitehead.  We're loaded. 

Quinnen, Sauce, Quincy, Adams, Carter, and Davis all have another year of experience and development. 

Our expectations for the defense should be as high as they've ever been. 

If Rodgers stays healthy the Jets are a hard team to beat.  He'll even with Tyrod we are better than last year.