Author Topic: #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 270096 times)

delavan

• Chad Pennington
Re: #BlackLivesMatter
« Reply #4020 on: May 18, 2022, 01:56:17 PM »
Exciting news for people who fantasize about running over protesters

https://www.pressherald.com/2022/05/18/south-portland-firms-vehicle-mounted-pepper-spray-gun-sparks-criticism/
Aayyyye, it's my local paper! Let me remind everyone that in Maine violent protests include chalking the sidewalk outside of a Senator's house asking them to please vote for a bill. Dangerous times call for dramatic solutions.

Also let us acknowledge that this article was published because apparently a giant pepper spray gun is the biggest business/tech innovation in Maine this year, over:
My simpatico views aside, theses are two disingenuous (if sly) narratives.  For me to connect a Costco-sized pepper spray gun with running people over would be akin to (on the flip side) brushing the pepper gun off as "well technically the cops are only using a condiment dispenser on them."

As for the 'artwork' outside Collins' house, while she stupidly called the cops on a phony baloney 'pubic property defacement' premise, who's 'chalking' it up as a violent protest?  Who was carted off to the hoosegow?  No one.  Collins was being a reactionary idiot, i.e. who here hasn't had kids mark up their neighborhood's sidewalks/streets?  Rain eventually comes, it eventually goes away, no big deal.  Hopscotch anyone?  That said, my point being let's not get ahead of ourselves by conflating apples and zebras.   

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4021 on: May 21, 2022, 08:01:08 PM »

My simpatico views aside, theses are two disingenuous (if sly) narratives. 

Not really, lots of people have proclaimed their desire to be able to run over hypothetical protesters. My original post was just asserting that kind of person would also enjoy a neat car gadget for macing them.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #4022 on: May 22, 2022, 08:48:43 AM »

As for the 'artwork' outside Collins' house, while she stupidly called the cops on a phony baloney 'pubic property defacement' premise, who's 'chalking' it up as a violent protest?  Who was carted off to the hoosegow?  No one.  Collins was being a reactionary idiot, i.e. who here hasn't had kids mark up their neighborhood's sidewalks/streets?  Rain eventually comes, it eventually goes away, no big deal.  Hopscotch anyone?  That said, my point being let's not get ahead of ourselves by conflating apples and zebras.   

In my local community, there has been a consistent embellishment of the violence used by protestors to justify discrediting their goals and voices. I've been to several protests and marches, and been relatively close to people who have been accused of being dangerous antifa and/or BLM activists. Seeing a local weapons manufacturer point out that he had been reading accounts of dangerous local protests (specifically antifa and BLM) to justify the creation of crowd-control oriented weapons feels absurd, considering how polite and tame the discourse and actions of local protestors are. My post was pointing out how civil protest culture is in Maine compared with other areas of the country.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4023 on: May 23, 2022, 06:37:20 PM »
In my local community, there has been a consistent embellishment of the violence used by protestors to justify discrediting their goals and voices. I've been to several protests and marches, and been relatively close to people who have been accused of being dangerous antifa and/or BLM activists. Seeing a local weapons manufacturer point out that he had been reading accounts of dangerous local protests (specifically antifa and BLM) to justify the creation of crowd-control oriented weapons feels absurd, considering how polite and tame the discourse and actions of local protestors are. My post was pointing out how civil protest culture is in Maine compared with other areas of the country.
Don't act as if you're not riding moose into protests and using them to overturn cars.

mj2sexay

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #4024 on: May 23, 2022, 11:41:31 PM »
It's like city blocks going up in flames never happened!

Hey how are the local businesses doing in Ferguson?