Author Topic: Dawgs  (Read 103231 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: Dawgs
« Reply #855 on: June 16, 2021, 11:34:37 AM »
LOL someones playing MLB The Show.

Ah excrement. Just found out my little Lou appears to have an ear infection.

Actually I read the sad story about behavioral euthanasia....those other story titles were actual titles from the Slate link listed below the sad dog story.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #856 on: June 16, 2021, 12:53:22 PM »
Actually I read the sad story about behavioral euthanasia....those other story titles were actual titles from the Slate link listed below the sad dog story.

Oh no by someone I meant the boyfriends author of that absurd piece.  The behavioral euthanasia story was sad/blood boiling.

Little Lou's ear infection is confirmed. Surprisingly, they gave him some sort of long lasting med as opposed to drops that we would administer on a daily basis.

They also gave him gabapentin in case he's in pain. We gave him some last night and he was knocked the freak out but I'm really trying to use that sparingly, if possible. Obviously I don't want him in pain.

I feel terrible about this, but I had no idea until he started showing outward signs.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #857 on: July 01, 2021, 09:06:51 AM »
Well, Lou's ear has thankfully cleared up in such a manner that the vet is absolutely not concerned that he has any chance at further infection or even worse, staff. That's the good news.

The bad news is the poor guy has Ehrlichia (tic transmitted disease, thankfully not lymes). Steak and rest for my man this weekend, he's luckily been very spry and hasn't had a loss of appetite so the vet thinks he's been asymptomatic to the point that its exposure as opposed to infection.

If I had a magic lamp right now, even moreso then any sort of monetary gain, I'd wish that the entire tick population gets freaking eradicated.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #858 on: July 09, 2021, 05:21:04 PM »
He's currently on a shitload of meds for allergies and diarrhea which means I have to space out his meals 12 hours apart for the doses. Because of this his dinner is going to be 2 hours late and he intends on spending every second of that time marching around the condo crying about it.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #859 on: August 11, 2021, 02:15:57 PM »
Taught Woody to swim yesterday, he turned 5 in March but with living in the city he had never really had a chance to go swimming anywhere. Wasn't convinced he'd be into it as he's generally scared of his own shadow, but he didn't really need much encouragement and after a couple of nervous outings he realised it was fun. By the end of the afternoon he was happily sitting on the front of the paddleboard as I paddled around the lake.

Today he is very, very, very tired.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #860 on: August 11, 2021, 04:36:05 PM »
Fenrir is not afraid of thunderstorms. The downside of this is that he's been whining for me to take him out during a sever thunderstorm warning for the past two nights.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #861 on: August 29, 2021, 09:34:57 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #862 on: September 10, 2021, 08:36:21 AM »

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #863 on: September 11, 2021, 09:38:09 PM »
My dog sprinted past me today out of my apartment and down the block towards an extremely busy street. Luckily someone was there and blocked her off.  If she stepped into that street, no doubt she would be dead.

I love dogs, but I never thought I'd be so attached.  I am shook right now.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #864 on: September 14, 2021, 08:22:19 PM »
My dog sprinted past me today out of my apartment and down the block towards an extremely busy street. Luckily someone was there and blocked her off.  If she stepped into that street, no doubt she would be dead.

I love dogs, but I never thought I'd be so attached.  I am shook right now.

Worst feeling in the world. Glad she’s ok. That incident will be in the back of your mind every time you go to open the door and you’ll be more cautious for it. Trust me.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #865 on: September 24, 2021, 07:53:02 AM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #866 on: September 24, 2021, 06:14:41 PM »
If you or anyone else you know is thinking about getting a dog, first ask yourself this: are you willing to spend your Friday night washing and trimming said dog's poopchute because he's constipated and has excrement smeared into the fur round his derriere from rubbing it on the ground to try and encourage the excrement to come out?

If no, consider a guinea pig.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #867 on: September 24, 2021, 07:09:15 PM »
If you or anyone else you know is thinking about getting a dog, first ask yourself this: are you willing to spend your Friday night washing and trimming said dog's poopchute because he's constipated and has excrement smeared into the fur round his derriere from rubbing it on the ground to try and encourage the excrement to come out?

Haven't dealt with that yet.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #868 on: September 24, 2021, 07:48:04 PM »

Kids, dogs...same thing basically.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #869 on: September 24, 2021, 07:50:33 PM »
Kids, dogs...same thing basically.

Except no one calls the police if I list my dog on Craigslist.