Author Topic: Michael Sam  (Read 12084 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Michael Sam
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:49:16 AM »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Michael Sam
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
If they don't want people to make a big deal out of it, they should really stop making a big deal out of it.
"Wrong!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 08:54:15 AM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »
If they don't want people to make a big deal out of it, they should really stop making a big deal out of it.

I don't think anyone's expecting anyone not to make a big deal of it, and you can't blame him for cashing in. The second openly gay player in the NFL is the one who no-one is going to make a big deal about, thanks to Michael Sam.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the NFL makes St Louis do Hard Knocks this year as well.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 09:39:39 AM »
I don't think anyone's expecting anyone not to make a big deal of it, and you can't blame him for cashing in. The second openly gay player in the NFL is the one who no-one is going to make a big deal about, thanks to Michael Sam.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the NFL makes St Louis do Hard Knocks this year as well.

You're right. Actually, there's a bunch of excrement that can end up happening this season as a result. The locker room situation for one could pose problems. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly so we don't get inundated with stories about how America isn't ready for blah blah.
"Wrong!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
Here's a thought:

What if Sam isn't good and doesn't deserve to make the roster? I think there's too much pressure on the Rams to keep him.

Can they cut him, ever? It's stupid but you know people will go nuts and says he was discriminated against because he's gay.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 10:17:52 AM »

Here's a thought:

What if Sam isn't good and doesn't deserve to make the roster? I think there's too much pressure on the Rams to keep him.

Can they cut him, ever? It's stupid but you know people will go nuts and says he was discriminated against because he's gay.

First a racist NBA owner, now a homophobe NFL owner! America the bigoted.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 10:20:58 AM »
I can't imagine any realistic scenario in which this doesn't blow up for the Rams.

I don't blame Sam for cashing in, especially since he's likely never going to do anything in this career.

Sam is basically a gay Tebow

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 10:23:07 AM »
Here's a thought:

I'm sure the Rams already had an exit strategy in place before they drafted him, in the event he doesn't work out.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 10:23:57 AM »
I'm sure the Rams already had an exit strategy in place before they drafted him, in the event he doesn't work out.

They're gonna say that he just faked being gay

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 10:25:12 AM »
I can't imagine any realistic scenario in which this doesn't blow up for the Rams.

I don't blame Sam for cashing in, especially since he's likely never going to do anything in this career.

Sam is basically a gay Tebow

It can't blow up in any meaningful way if they handle it right. And what's the worst that could happen? Gay people threaten to boycott football? I'm sure that would put a real dent in things.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »

It won't really hurt their football team in any way, but the press backlash would be annoying.  They don't get that 7th rounders get cut all the time.  Especially when Sam is a self proclaimed 1st-3rd round talent.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »
Does anyone actually think Sam would pull a "it's because I'm gay" if he gets cut?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 10:31:13 AM »

Does anyone actually think Sam would pull a "it's because I'm gay" if he gets cut?

Since he's been playing that gay card up until now, yes I do think he'll blame it. Players with big egos won't ever blame themselves. Think of all the "because I'm black" crap you've heard over the years... in a league that's mostly black.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »
It can't blow up in any meaningful way if they handle it right. And what's the worst that could happen? Gay people threaten to boycott football? I'm sure that would put a real dent in things.

No people won't boycott football but they'll get a excrement ton of  bad press in all the mainstream media.

I mean people are throwing a excrement fit about Vick playing for the Jets for something he did like 6 years ago.

I think the media would go on  a excrement storm about the whole nfl being homophobic bigots and blah blah blah ton of excrement no nfl fans want to hear about