Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 510487 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #4845 on: October 21, 2020, 06:12:06 PM »
Groceries during quarantine-

Either:
-Nothing left to eat
or
-Way too much food and we have to throw a bunch of stuff away once it goes bad
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #4846 on: October 21, 2020, 06:51:29 PM »

Either:
-Nothing left to eat
or

Waiting on line and freaking nasty assholes in the grocery store.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #4847 on: October 21, 2020, 06:55:33 PM »

Either:
-Nothing left to eat
or

There is no in between
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4848 on: October 21, 2020, 08:57:44 PM »

Either:
-Nothing left to eat
or
We lost too much fresh produce this summer, either we got better at managing use of it or my wife is hiding the spoilage from me.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4849 on: October 21, 2020, 09:23:56 PM »

Either:
-Nothing left to eat
or

What would be nice would be if I could at least generate some consistency. I’m biking to and from the grocery store so I’m only buying what can fit in a messenger bag but it never seems to last as long as the previous trip.

What I’m really looking forward to is the infection rate spiking because of the flu (it’s already started) and people deciding that they need to buy all of the flour, TP, and pasta again.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:25:34 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4850 on: October 22, 2020, 10:18:56 AM »
What would be nice would be if I could at least generate some consistency. I’m biking to and from the grocery store so I’m only buying what can fit in a messenger bag but it never seems to last as long as the previous trip.

What I’m really looking forward to is the infection rate spiking because of the flu (it’s already started) and people deciding that they need to buy all of the flour, TP, and pasta again.

I just read an article this morning that baking goods and canned goods are starting to disappear again.

Speaking of which, to worry less about spoilage, you all need to invest in beans and rice/pasta. With a stocked spice cabinet and a supply of olive oil, you'll have food for long periods without spoilage.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4851 on: October 23, 2020, 05:51:10 PM »
Minor annoyance here, but when you hear people on the news reporting on a story about something in the Latino community, and they speak in a typical American English dialect/accent until they get to the word "Latino". They then proceed to pronounce the word "Latino" in the strongest Spanish accent possible, then proceed straight back to normal American English. Why? I would understand if there was no English word for Latino but there is. It's Latino.  I would understand if they did the entire report with a Latin accent. It's almost like they're trying to brag that they know Spanish or something.  It's like nails on the chalkboard for me.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 05:56:08 PM by bojanglesman »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4852 on: October 23, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »
That's what I'll always remember about Cynthia Santana.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #4853 on: October 23, 2020, 07:16:39 PM »
Minor annoyance here, but when you hear people on the news reporting on a story about something in the Latino community, and they speak in a typical American English dialect/accent until they get to the word "Latino". They then proceed to pronounce the word "Latino" in the
strongest Spanish accent possible, then proceed straight back to normal American English. Why?

I would understand if there was no English word for Latino but there is. It's Latino.  I would understand if they did the entire report with a Latin accent. It's almost like they're trying to brag that they know Spanish or something.  It's like nails on the chalkboard for me.

afectación

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4854 on: October 28, 2020, 11:21:07 PM »
Buying a new phone and immediately dropping it as hard as possible before my case comes in the mail

My fault but still
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4855 on: October 28, 2020, 11:24:03 PM »
Buying a new phone and immediately dropping it as hard as possible before my case comes in the mail

My fault but still

Same except you just got your screen repaired.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #4856 on: October 28, 2020, 11:49:40 PM »
Minor annoyance here, but when you hear people on the news reporting on a story about something in the Latino community, and they speak in a typical American English dialect/accent until they get to the word "Latino". They then proceed to pronounce the word "Latino" in the strongest Spanish accent possible, then proceed straight back to normal American English. Why? I would understand if there was no English word for Latino but there is. It's Latino.  I would understand if they did the entire report with a Latin accent. It's almost like they're trying to brag that they know Spanish or something.  It's like nails on the chalkboard for me.

Similarly - working at a Japanese restaurant and having random non-Japanese people abruptly pronouncing words on the menu "authentically" but inevitably butchering it - or even better trying to correct our waitstaff's pronunciation. No one's freaking impressed douchebag

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4857 on: October 29, 2020, 07:29:14 AM »
Similarly - working at a Japanese restaurant and having random non-Japanese people abruptly pronouncing words on the menu "authentically" but inevitably butchering it - or even better trying to correct our waitstaff's pronunciation. No one's freaking impressed douchebag

I think you described *checks notes*....Tommy.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4858 on: October 29, 2020, 07:39:06 AM »
It's also equally as annoying to hear sharp southern-accent mispronounced mexican food orders.

"I'll have thu eyel pole-o buh-reeeto with qwasedillus"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4859 on: October 29, 2020, 07:49:41 AM »
When somebody produces a perfectly fine looking winter knit cap and then puts a stupid pom on top of it