Author Topic: Garrard returns, activated to 53-man roster, Quinn released  (Read 17108 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Garrard returns, activated to 53-man roster, Quinn released
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2013, 06:11:03 PM »
And we should be drafting QB competition in a QB heavy draft, not trying to overpay for a reclamation project we completely destroyed.

edited for truth.
Need a new one for a new board...

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2013, 06:30:38 PM »
And we should be drafting QB competition in a QB heavy draft, not trying to overpay for a reclamation project we helped destroy.

Pretty much this, even if Geno doesn't excrement the bed the second half of the season it'd be hard not to get pick one up in the draft unless Simms shows he's worth being the backup. And bring back Garrard for another season as a veteran/mentor type role.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2013, 06:59:40 PM »
Hobbes, you would be such a shitty GM,  Matt Millen would fall over laughing at you.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2013, 07:44:16 PM »
And we should be drafting QB competition in a QB heavy draft, not trying to overpay for a reclamation project we helped destroy.

This x1000. Even if we get the fifth QB selected in next year's draft it'll still be better than whoever is currently on the roster or IR.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »
This x1000. Even if we get the fifth QB selected in next year's draft it'll still be better than whoever is currently on the roster or IR.

At this point, just take the best player available in the first round that isn't a corner or d-lineman.

Hobbes3259

• Eric Smith
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2013, 07:59:29 PM »
Wait.  Why exactly do we "need" Sanchez next year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Two reasons.

One, if we are even a contender this year, you cant risk losing a season on an injury with a proven player under contract.

Two...because Smith right now...isn't as good. I'll give you a baseball analogy..je's like the Mets Bobby Parnell. Sure, he can throw it 100 mph...but he cant get guys out.

enter the Tigers Den

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2013, 08:05:33 PM »
One, if we are even a contender this year, you cant risk losing a season on an injury with a proven player under contract.

Except the Jets don't have a proven player under contract. They have a broken veteran they helped destroy that will be coming off a major shoulder injury with a bloated contract whose faults you keep passing off exclusively to the Offensive Coordinator and a rookie who keeps hitting open corner backs.

Smith will still be on the roster but he will hopefully have some competition. Sanchez and the Jets should part ways. It's the best situation for the both of them.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2013, 08:09:45 PM »
je's like the Mets Bobby Parnell. Sure, he can throw it 100 mph...but he cant get guys out.

No. No, I really can't throw it anything like that fast. I might get them out by confusing them with my 45mph fastball, but I wouldn't recommend trying it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2013, 08:15:07 PM »
At this point, just take the best player available in the first round that isn't a corner or d-lineman.

unless its Clowney, and then make him an OLB and everything will be just fine.
Need a new one for a new board...

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2013, 08:25:25 PM »

Two reasons.

Two...because Smith right now...isn't as good. I'll give you a baseball analogy..je's like the Mets Bobby Parnell. Sure, he can throw it 100 mph...but he cant get guys out.

But even if Smith crashed and burns, why wouldn't the team just draft a new QB next season? Why bring back Sanchez when we could draft someone younger and with a higher ceiling?
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »
Yes, for a game or two. Though, as long as Smith continues to progress, going into next season, we need to have #6 and #7 on the roster. Though 6 will need to be renegotiated..

If we get anywhere near I said we should, we are SB contenders next  year.

And (like Buffalo) you cant rely on some castoff as a backup If you get a knee sprain, or pulled hamstring.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2013, 10:15:12 PM »
freak Sanchez cut that piece of crap. Holy excrement how freaking insane do you have to be to think he is the answer to anything Jets related other than a question like, Who is the biggest piece of excrement on the Jets roster.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2013, 10:17:51 PM »
freak Sanchez cut that piece of crap. Holy excrement how freaking insane do you have to be to think he is the answer to anything Jets related other than a question like, Who is the biggest piece of excrement on the Jets roster.
Clyde Gates

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: